Post-Game: What Positives Should We Take Away from the Game?

Sucks to lose the 1st game, especially to a bad team, and realize the season is already over. Any hope and excitement for a new year is gone. For those seniors that came back another year, this really has to suck. There has been zero improvement made over last year that’s significant enough to change the outcome.

Found a starting QB.
That’s about it. H.S. teams usually make their extra points.
I thought the NIU coach nailed it: “we’re tougher than they are”. We can expect more positivity kumbaya hype from Collins.

The positive is that this team wasn’t going to win the national title and now they know they actually suck if they don’t take things seriously. If leadership shows up or can still be a successful year. Beating UGA is not impossible, but it will take focus and hard work.

If you buy into the notion that CPJ was a superior GameDay coach who had let the program building aspects slip behind our competition such that we were going to have a few losing seasons when we went away from the option (as I do)... CGC will at least recruit decently enough to turnover the roster and have a decent enough slate for the next coaching staff.

If you buy into the notion that CPJ was a superior GameDay coach who had let the program building aspects slip behind our competition such that we were going to have a few losing seasons when we went away from the option (as I do)... CGC will at least recruit decently enough to turnover the roster and have a decent enough slate for the next coaching staff.

We have to fire him after 2023 to be able to afford it. Everyone will have transferred out by then.

The positive is that this team wasn’t going to win the national title and now they know they actually suck if they don’t take things seriously. If leadership shows up or can still be a successful year. Beating UGA is not impossible, but it will take focus and hard work.
Why the öööö are you talking about national title? Surely no one was that delusional. Our best case scenario was always 6 wins. We'll be lucky to get 3.

Why the öööö are you talking about national title? Surely no one was that delusional. Our best case scenario was always 6 wins. We'll be lucky to get 3.
I didn’t. But the team may have. They think very highly of themselves. I’m not sure why. Collins is too soft to give them a reality check.

For one thing, the fellas never gave up. They got down, but they fought back and took the lead. One bad call at the end or it's in the W column. And that was with our backup QB.

For another thing, we did not miss any extra points. Three for three.

Also, the kickoffs were deep.

So there was some improvement.

What else?
Never gave up? When the defense absolutely laid down and rolled over on the last drive. Didn’t lay a finger on the QB all night.

Back