Post-Game: What Positives Should We Take Away from the Game?

If you buy into the notion that CPJ was a superior GameDay coach who had let the program building aspects slip behind our competition such that we were going to have a few losing seasons when we went away from the option (as I do)... CGC will at least recruit decently enough to turnover the roster and have a decent enough slate for the next coaching staff.
How do you figure we will have money for another coaching staff before Collins contract runs out.

I gotta admit, our defense looked better, I will give them that. We were still screwed because CGC didn’t want to get the play call in, which caused the defense to look bad on plays. Just like UCF, we try to rotate guys against a quick offense, and we just straight up can’t do that.

The only positive is I no longer get ragged on after a GT loss. We’ve become so irrelevant nobody cares enough, trying to make fun of GT gets old/redundant, or folks have pity but it’s really not an issue anymore. I guess that’s the state of our program. Cant believe Collins continues to shock me. If we lose to KSU.....

Last edited:
Have to admit at kickoff I was a little sad that I chose not to renew tickets this year. Now I'm thankful that I can watch our clown coach on TV. He is a poor excuse for a head coach and his positivity is a joke after performances he is putting on the field.

I thought of another thing. We have the same record as winless South Carolina Cow College, which we play in two weeks.

This is the worst loss for me, ever. It’s not only a bad loss, but it’s the end of hope in CGC and the realization that the team will suck for the foreseeable future until the buyout is reasonable.

We have to fire him after 2023 to be able to afford it. Everyone will have transferred out by then.
Geoff is a great recruiter and pretty good manager. Let's see if he's a great manager and has the cojones to do what needs to be done. Replace his coordinator with fbs level coach's, not the div III ones he has. Of course, it'll take some $$$, but it's patently obvious patterdude and Thacker don't have what it takes to make it at this level

There were no asteroids. I always consider it to be a blessed day when the moon is where it belongs and we're not being hit by asteroids. Oh, and blueberry pancakes. With bacon and lottsa butter and maple syrup. Gawd!

Geoff is a great recruiter and pretty good manager. Let's see if he's a great manager and has the cojones to do what needs to be done. Replace his coordinator with fbs level coach's, not the div III ones he has. Of course, it'll take some $$$, but it's patently obvious patterdude and Thacker don't have what it takes to make it at this level

Why do you think he's a good manager? I'm talking in-game management here. He wasted 2 timeouts and had a couple plays where we went out of bounds to kill the clock late. I haven't seen anything resembling good in-game management from Collins.

Back