Predictions for the upcoming season?

BeeBad, first of all I have no idea what that has to do with anything. Secondly, that's one of the most simplistic views of how successful businesses are run that I've heard yet. But keep 'em coming, it gives me something to chuckle over.

My sense of humor's not meant for everybody NC. By your logic, that Georgia announcer must secretly hope every year that they go 0-12 because everybody they play is 'Big', 'Strong', and they just 'Absolutely going to kill us!'.

You're mad because some posters don't feel the same way about the upcoming season that you do. That's your perrogative. But don't get your panties in a wad when somebody offers to predict a little more into it than to just give a record. You're saying I shouldn't have done that with the game-by-game breakdown. Isn't that censorship??

That's the whole reason I got the hell away from that other message board that would rather offer "RESTRICTIONS" than "REBUTTALS"

While I believe it's possible to go 2-10, 3-9, 4-8, It's also possible to go 10-2, 9-3, 8-4 or the 6-6 which is probably more reasonable. I have more faith in our SA's than most here. Since we are all making guesses, the BW's (or BW sound a likes) or any others are as good but mine and are no worse than theirs. There are many posters here who secretly wish ill for Tech so they can say I told you so lets get rid oc CCG now! Why is it that when a poster wants Tech to succeed do so many post call them FoCers. Why so many negatives. I think I know the reason and it's stated above. I get so tired of the negatives it's plain unbelieveable.

pat.gif

Again, I agree with 2Big and others ... just because we don't believe GT's future in football is all that 'ROSY' right now does not mean we garner joy in saying so! Quite the opposite.

For heaven sakes, let's GET real here!! Some of us feel rosy, some of us do not. Let's not disect this into something it's not! Let the two sides express their opinions without the labeling and name calling that happens here.

2BT I didn't say you couldn't or shouldn't predict each game. I just makes me wonder about your agenda if you're making fun of Tech (at least that's what it seems to be). Just a funny way to be a fan IMO. BTW I'm not mad at anybody, disappointed in some maybe, but I only get mad at serious stuff.

And why is it suddenly censorship for another poster to disagree with something you posted? Isn't that freedom of speech? Or are you like the liberal actors on Irag? You can post what you like, but I can't take you to task for it?

Listen, I agree we may be in for a tough year. I don't think it's funny and I hope Chan can figure a way to make it a successful year. If he does, he'll be here for a while IMO. If he doesn't he may be gone pretty soon. Time will tell. Personally I'll take wins over any personal feeling about a coach or player. So I'm hopin for an undefeated year. But then I always do. Do I ever expect it? NO. But if I ever felt we didn't have a chance I'd just stop watching.

You can post what you like, but I can't take you to task for it?
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Certainly, you can take anything I post to task. That's what the board is for.

BTW, in hindsight, I apologize for the 'panties in a wad' comment. There was no need for it.

I hope no takes my posts as labeling, if so I apologize deeply. However, I do see many post here that reminds me of BW and his completely negative posts. Again I apologize to any I may have offended.

What in the world is WRONG with a little optimism and a little FAITH in our coaching staff AND our student athletes? Predicting a winning season (or even a .500 season) does not make us all polyannas. It just means we have a modicum of faith in our program.

Some folks are simply not happy unless they have something to complain about. They simply revel in their own misery.

Very sad.

Originally posted by JacketFanPCB:
What in the world is WRONG with a little optimism and a little FAITH in our coaching staff AND our student athletes? Predicting a winning season (or even a .500 season) does not make us all polyannas. It just means we have a modicum of faith in our program.

Some folks are simply not happy unless they have something to complain about. They simply revel in their own misery.

Very sad.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Excellent post Jacketfan.. Tech has some of the most pessimistic fans around.. and if you want proof.. just peruse the contents of this board...

That's what i'm talking about !!!!!!
I have a lot of faith in our coaching staff
smile.gif
AND THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH IT
mad.gif
And by the way i refuse to believe a losing season is possible
grin.gif
MY PREDICATIONS IS NOT 12-0-0 BUT IT IS NOW 13-0-0 BOWL VICTORY IN HAND!!!!!!

Prediction: 4-8 IF no one else on the 2 deep flunks out this summer. If we win at least four games and show improvement as the season progresses, then Chan's job is safe. Otherwise, I don't think he makes it into 2004.

This is the statement I was addressing:

"What I still don't get is how much fun some of you seem to have in predicting our upcoming doomed season. Are you Tech fans or not? Even Duke fans predict winning seasons for chrissakes!"

I get a kick out of this attitude that unless someone gets on their knees & kisses Chan's ring or espouses confirmation of a wondrous season on the horizon they are not a fan.. they must be a dawg or an SEC fan... too too funny !

Let's go back to that reading comprehension conversation we've had before. First I still don't know what your comment has to do with mine. Am I looking outside? inside?

I've never said Chan or anyone else is above criticism. I've never said you have to predict 12-0 to be a Tech fan. What I can't understand is the language some use to "prove" to the rest of us that we're going to suck next year. Go back and read some posts, particular 2bigtechsticles and Father Wasp. They seem to get such glee from predicting our downfall. If you think 3-9, then say 3-9.

Here's a few: "Auburn tuba players also score.."
"Suggs throws a game record 9 ints..", "Terry Bowden laughing hysterically.." and plenty more.
That's what a Tech fan doesn't do IMO. I could care less what you or anyone thinks our record will be. But why make fun of the school you claim to support?

3-9 or 4-8 is my prediction based on our current roster. We would need two things to have a winning season. QB play is a huge upside surprise that carries the team, and we stay very healthy.

I remember O'Leary's first team in '95. We had about 30 kids that could play and all of them basically stayed healthy. We need that to happen again. IMHO, 0-12 or 1-11 are not too far out there.

7-5 huge success, 5-7 solid performance, 3-9 about what I'd expect.

Originally posted by Damarius:
preditions are irrelivant
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Isn't that sorta what you made this thread for?

Originally posted by The Jacket:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by Damarius:
preditions are irrelivant
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Isn't that sorta what you made this thread for?</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Yes it is. Although I do indeed believe predictions are irrelivant, I also think it is fun to look at what GT supporters have to say about the upcoming season. As I do aslo.

Back