Non-degree-seeking undergrads 146
Total 39,772

uG:
Undegrad: 29,675
Grad: 9,382
Total: 39,147

Undergrad at Tech: 15,889
Undergrad at uG: 29,675

?????????????????????????????????????????

Last edited:

BigDanT

J. Batt Fan
Fall 2020 Enrollment Numbers:

Georgia Tech:

First-year students 2,108
Second-year students 3,455
Third-year students 3,933
Fourth-year students (and above) 6,247
Graduate students 23,210
Dual-enrollment students 673
Total 39,772

uG:

Need more football loving undergrads

OptionsJacket

BpBuSp
Part of me is with you if you are like "um, from where I sit we need to practice football", but to be fair does "playing games" make sense if you are considering this a marathon, not a sprint? It does.

We are not at the point in this rebuild where a day or three of practice here or there will be the difference between championships or not.

The long term goal here is not 7-5. If it was, then yeah, wiffleball is stupid. If the long term goal is championships, step one is recruiting, and a happy roster and program is very important for us for recruiting. (Maybe not for everyone, but certainly for us).
I seem to remember Nesbitt winning some sort of dodgeball team competition. This is no different than that.

cyptomcat

Hibernating
Fall 2020 Enrollment Numbers:

Georgia Tech:

First-year students 2,108
Second-year students 3,455
Third-year students 3,933
Fourth-year students (and above) 6,247
Graduate students 23,210
Dual-enrollment students 673
Total 39,772

uG:

Online masters programs...

Edit: "Of those, 15,664 students are enrolled in online master’s programs: 10,580 in computer science; 4,252 in analytics; and 832 in cybersecurity."

1982Jacket

Dropper of the F Bomb
God isn't Tech devaluing its degrees with 23,000 graduate students.
How so? As long as the graduates are able to succeed in their careers, I think it enhances the perceived value of a Tech degree. The more folks with Tech degrees who succeed, the more it enhances the perceived value, right? If they were just turning out a lot of bums, that would be different. Last time I checked, Tech was still ranked by pretty much everyone as one of the best engineering schools in America. Maybe not so much for Applied Language and Intercultural Studies or Public Policy, but that is a separate issue, no?

GTLiebs

Dodd-Like
https://www.espn.com/college-footba...hole-6-year-unraveling-florida-state-football

I feel like this belongs here. I also see some similarities that could have gone on when MBob and PJ, and how we will need patience.

One thing that stuck out to me was Fischer's emphasis on discipline and toughness and I see that's what Saban is probably like and how they have both been successful.
Any interesting read. Something that jumped out to me was the player perspectives, that reaction described to being told they are rebuilding under Taggert and the reactions to the different style of coaching.

And ya, if the interaction between Mbob and PJ was anything like this, can imagine the effects taking a bit to shake off but probably isn't as bad since MBob went first.

Yukonwreck

Dodd-Like
https://www.espn.com/college-footba...hole-6-year-unraveling-florida-state-football

I feel like this belongs here. I also see some similarities that could have gone on when MBob and PJ, and how we will need patience.

One thing that stuck out to me was Fischer's emphasis on discipline and toughness and I see that's what Saban is probably like and how they have both been successful.
"It was a program DEFINED BY HISTORY with no clear vision for the future." Hmmmmmm?

gtphd

What a time to be alive
Online masters programs...

Edit: "Of those, 15,664 students are enrolled in online master’s programs: 10,580 in computer science; 4,252 in analytics; and 832 in cybersecurity."
Tech is taking a "virtually anyone gets in, very few get out" approach to those programs. Analytics has an 80% drop out rate. The very first class has a >50% fail rate.

B

Jolly Good Fellow
Tech is taking a "virtually anyone gets in, very few get out" approach to those programs. Analytics has an 80% drop out rate. The very first class has a >50% fail rate.
What goes around comes around. GT is getting back to its roots which is good to see.

GT 1950

Varsity Lurker
Kinda. Michigan and GT have finished in the Top 10 the same number of times in the past decade – once. Neither Nebraska nor Tennessee have finished in the Top 10 in almost 20 years (2001 for both).

The "factory" schools are like real life factories. They don't produce good product unless they have good employees, good managers, good materials, good operations, etc. Tech's less different from the "factories" than people like to pretend.
Neither Tennessee nor Nebraska have finished in the top ten in nearly 20 years. Remarkable. All it takes is one or two bad coaches and before you know it you are looking at a lost decade. Both of those teams had national champions in the 1990s, is that right? Some people consider the 1996 or was it 1997 Nebraska team one of the very best in history.

18in32

Petard Hoister
Neither Tennessee nor Nebraska have finished in the top ten in nearly 20 years. Remarkable. All it takes is one or two bad coaches and before you know it you are looking at a lost decade. Both of those teams had national champions in the 1990s, is that right? Some people consider the 1996 or was it 1997 Nebraska team one of the very best in history.
In the four years from 1994-1997, Nebraska went 49-2, with 3 national championships.

I believe it is the 1995 team that you are thinking of – the average score of their games was 53.2-14.5, and they beat #2 Florida in the Fiesta Bowl with the score of 62-24. Plenty of highlight packages on YouTube if you are curious.

And, yep, not only has Nebraska not finished in the top 10 since 2001, in fact they haven't finished ranked above #20 in a decade and haven't finished ranked *at all* since 2012. So much for it being impossible to fail at the factories...

Allen Koholic

Likes dick drawings.
This makes me want to apply for the Cybersecurity program for something to do.

GT 1950

Varsity Lurker
In the four years from 1994-1997, Nebraska went 49-2, with 3 national championships.

I believe it is the 1995 team that you are thinking of – the average score of their games was 53.2-14.5, and they beat #2 Florida in the Fiesta Bowl with the score of 62-24. Plenty of highlight packages on YouTube if you are curious.

And, yep, not only has Nebraska not finished in the top 10 since 2001, in fact they haven't finished ranked above #20 in a decade and haven't finished ranked *at all* since 2012. So much for it being impossible to fail at the factories...
In fairness, they had a string of pretty bad coaches that exposed a program that has to have "sizzle" to attract out of state recruits as Nebraska does not have the high school talent of say... Georgia.

pianoman

Varsity Lurker
Excellent cash flow for GT.
Return to GT cultural roots without crashing our academic ranking.
Liberal arts ug wake up call. You mean I have to do some math and write code?
I just wrote a letter of recommendation for a recent mba grad with a poli sci undergrad (?) applying to MS in computer science program at a ranked school. I warned him...

gtphd

What a time to be alive
Excellent cash flow for GT.
Return to GT cultural roots without crashing our academic ranking.
Liberal arts ug wake up call. You mean I have to do some math and write code?
I just wrote a letter of recommendation for a recent mba grad with a poli sci undergrad (?) applying to MS in computer science program at a ranked school. I warned him...
I took the first analytics course (CS6040) to improve my Python skills. First class (as in Day 1) required vector calculus. It was glorious reading the slack feed.

Flywheel

Wait, what year is it?
VT is an absolute joke. They had a few decent runs but nothing of consequence. Yet, their fans believe they are a legit program. They aren’t close. Why ESPN and others pumped up a do nothing program for so long is beyond me.
They have that empty trophy case tho