Pruitt fired, Fulmer retiring

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210118-135034_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210118-135034_Chrome.jpg
    468.3 KB · Views: 142
A little lost in all this is that they are officially firing him for cause. Presumably that means they think they have enough evidence to nail him for recruiting violations. And the rumors floating around is that Mims is one of the guys involved. The same Mims that ended up at uga and (again presumably) sparked the “uga could be next” tweet from a few weeks ago.

EDIT: apparently not lost to @jacketfanatic15.

I find it funny that Tennessee was supposedly cheating, yet they still sucked at recruiting. They need new bagmen.

Yeah.... this was all done to get a new coach with no buyout. Hugh Freeze come on down

They hired Kevin Steele last week. It will be odd if he isn't the guy, or at the very least the guy's DC. He played there so it would make sense.

Great strategy. Cheat, if coach does not deliver big, turn him in,, avoid buyout, avoid serious sanctions due to self- reporting, repeat. Now, if Alabama was turning in Saban or Clemson turning in Dabo I would be impressed. Not so much in this case. Penalize the Vols severely or this will be the new way to fire your coach.

"It has previously been reported that Tennessee assistant coach Brian Niedermeyer is under investigation for his recruitment of former five-star offensive lineman, Amarius Mims. The Peach State lineman committed to Georgia over Tennessee and Alabama and signed with the Bulldogs during the Early Signing Period."

Niedermeyer. DEAD!

Yeah heads are rolling up here in K town. They have been rumoring about it for weeks.
Just curious, do you think that Phil Fulmer has been helpful or harmful in his tenure as AD? I really have no idea, but it does seem that he hasn't gotten it right as football HC's go. Could be, they got the "next" hire late in the game or didn't plan on "X, Y, or Z" happening. Any insight would be appreciated.

Fulmer was very incompetent. He never possessed what was necessary to be a serviceable AD in this day and age. He did not retire on his own accord.

Last edited:
Back