Quick Lane Bowl vs. Minnesota

Are u wasted RN?
Nope. Brands monitor social media sentiment and report out to their leadership team on significant negative events. If the bowl sponsor calls the bowl committee and asks WTF is going on, it at least puts the bowl on notice that screwing Tech has a negative impact on them via decreasing their sponsorship value.

Silicon Valley Bowl. Played in a mud pit and we got stomped.
just got three examples of Bowls (that to me were in better locations than Detroit - California, California and Boise) that we really did not get excited about - and what do you know - we lost all three! We didn't want to be there and we freakin got beat. We don't have the talent or depth to go to a stupid bowl and win when the players don't even want to be there.
Its the worst location for Bowl games. Come on! Detroit? Why does the ACC even have this bowl game. Trade it to whoever for one in the Bahamas, Hawaii, anywhere in Florida. There is one that used to be in Mobile - I think it is in Montgomery now. There are some other dumbass ones in Florida and Texas. The Frisco bowl is in a suburb of Dallas.
It takes hard work and a lot of douchebaggery to arrange to even have a tie-in in a bowl in Detroit!

If no one goes to Detroit, it will hurt us in future bowl sections. If we organize an alumni-wide boycott of Belk, it would send a message and a threat to not pass us over again. We could probably get Belk to issue an apology if we stir up enough social media posts.

Shall I fire up my troll farm?

This announcement reminds me of being at a b-ball game the Sunday when bowl selections were made. PA Announcer begins talking about the bowls, they flash that GT is in the Emerald Bowl and the boos rain down immediately.

Really garbage all the way around for this. No f’n way will UVA take more to the Belk than GT. How is Miami more attractive? They are battling Duke for the lowest home/away attendance every year.

If no one goes to Detroit, it will hurt us in future bowl sections. If we organize an alumni-wide boycott of Belk, it would send a message and a threat to not pass us over again. We could probably get Belk to issue an apology if we stir up enough social media posts.

Please.

If no one goes to Detroit, it will hurt us in future bowl sections.

Have any other ACC teams relegated to Detroit had a ööööing soul show up for this horseshit bowl?

I don't get how this decision made sense on any level. Not only is UVA basically an equivalent fanbase.

They're at the most depressed any fanbase could possibly be. Imagine us losing to UGA for 14 years straight. Then UGA lost to Old Dominoin. Then you STILL lose. That's the situation UVA is in.

I know the reason is some weird lock for an NC or VA team. I just don't understand how the geographic bias can be that strong.

Last edited:
I haven't been this pissed since UGA's 99 yard fumble return TD in 2014. Or maybe UCF's wussing out last year

Just another example of KQ having no clue what he's talking about.
He didn't say pj wouldnt coach in the game. just said he wouldnt be surprised if PJ said ... yeah, i'm good. y'all play through.

Seriously, if you had to design the worst realistic bowl possible, what US city would you put in?

Back