Realistic expectations

I've been passionate about stating the case that is already apparent. Angel insists on letting this run its course and minimizing buyouts. It's telling that our big money donors are having to go to the press to feel heard. I empathize with someone who has donated millions and has no other recourse than essentially whistle blowing. Many on hear said that it was a bad look and, to an extent, it is, but it's a look that reflects poorly on Todd and Angel for not listening to feedback.
I have seen no evidence that our president cares about any of our major sports.

This may be something already brought up once or may be a "tabboo" topic to discuss. It's my first post, so forgive me, if I am breaking any rules. I cannot express my concerns and beliefs on another like site, without making snowflakes mad. I call a spade a spade, a bad coach a bad coach and a stupid AD a stupid AD. I see no reasons to hold back. WIth that said... What are everyone's realistic expectations going into next season? I, personally, see 3, maybe 4 wins.. After which the same group of "fans" will flock to Collins' side, saying how "great" he is. Just curious, if I am the only person that can see through the muck... I expect to have more narratives, I expect to continue to see the pass/fail line move over and over. Lastly, I expect more kids to get tired of Collins' BS and leave. I expect that after the 2024 season, which will be another losing season, both Collins and the AD are fired. However; at that point the damage is done. Again... I may be the only person, that sees this. Help me understand why I should have a remote shred of hope.
Yea swarm sucks, outside of recruiting info it's pretty worthless. Mods there seem to take the approach of "You can say whatever you want (within our arbitrarily enforced and unknown rules), even make öööö up that's blatantly untrue, but don't call another poster a mean name."

I have seen no evidence that our president cares about any of our major sports.
I mean, he did win the Masters and the U.S. Open, so he's got to like golf.

Wait .. that's a different Angel Cabrera? WTF? We got the wrong guy!
(met the golfer Angel Cabrera's former interpreter one afternoon at Augusta National. He did not have nice things to say about El Pato.)

While the Coastal continues to be a smorgasbord of mediocrity, there is the chance this Jackets team could actually compete in it. I think Pitt is still the team to beat. They lose Pickett, they get Slovis in the portal. And for the first time in the CGC era, we have to go there.
But I just have so little faith in this staff, holdovers and newcomers alike. I hope my disdain winds up being misplaced. I just don't think it will be.

We went and signed all these slot receivers — McCollum, Rutherford and Haynes, e.g. — but now we're going to an offense that might actually put the tight end to use for something other than being an extra tackle. But then what becomes of the slot guys? Is the new OC gonna find a way to keep them involved?

I mean, he did win the Masters and the U.S. Open, so he's got to like golf.

Wait .. that's a different Angel Cabrera? WTF? We got the wrong guy!
(met the golfer Angel Cabrera's former interpreter one afternoon at Augusta National. He did not have nice things to say about El Pato.)

While the Coastal continues to be a smorgasbord of mediocrity, there is the chance this Jackets team could actually compete in it. I think Pitt is still the team to beat. They lose Pickett, they get Slovis in the portal. And for the first time in the CGC era, we have to go there.
But I just have so little faith in this staff, holdovers and newcomers alike. I hope my disdain winds up being misplaced. I just don't think it will be.

We went and signed all these slot receivers — McCollum, Rutherford and Haynes, e.g. — but now we're going to an offense that might actually put the tight end to use for something other than being an extra tackle. But then what becomes of the slot guys? Is the new OC gonna find a way to keep them involved?
And who is going to be our actual weapon at TE? The transfer we're getting will be the only serviceable body there.

And my point is that, just like my own history on this site, what difference does it make?
You’re making too much out of my reply. You said he joined today. I said he joined in September. That’s the only point I’m making. There’s no deep hidden meaning there.

The idea that we will have close losses to Ole Miss and Clemson and the other ten will all be competitive is extremely encouraging and optimistic. That would mean we would be competitive in every game, from Clemson through Athens. If this happens, all will be well. Sadly, this prediction came less from a reasonable look at our football program and more from a continual desire to bash Josh Pastner, this time in the football forum. And by the way, no one that I see on StingTalk is positive about the 2021-2022 basketball season. It has been a Geoff Collins type of season indeed, well below what our standard should be. However, many enjoyed the 2020-2021 season, a winning record, tournament bye, ACC tournament title and NCAA bid. I will not be apologetic for enjoying that team and season.

Yea swarm sucks, outside of recruiting info it's pretty worthless. Mods there seem to take the approach of "You can say whatever you want (within our arbitrarily enforced and unknown rules), even make öööö up that's blatantly untrue, but don't call another poster a mean name."
Actually that sounds perfect for me. Calling people mean names is by far the worst thing about ST. (I am not joking.) What's the alternate site you're talking about?

Actually that sounds perfect for me. Calling people mean names is by far the worst thing about ST. (I am not joking.) What's the alternate site you're talking about?
Having been banned from that other site myself, and for reasons still unreasonable to me (I asked the mod a simple question, and he didn't like it), I would respectfully say that you would not like it there overall. Yes, name-calling, and especially the immature "yo momma" jokes are at times sickening on this site, but it is still a breath of fresh air compared to the other one.

Having been banned from that other site myself, and for reasons still unreasonable to me (I asked the mod a simple question, and he didn't like it), I would respectfully say that you would not like it there overall. Yes, name-calling, and especially the immature "yo momma" jokes are at times sickening on this site, but it is still a breath of fresh air compared to the other one.
Dangit I need to create my own site for people *just* like me

There may already be a thread on this, but I won't bother looking and just HAVE TO start one. First, let me get all my bitching out
This may be something already brought up once or may be a "tabboo" topic to discuss. It's my first post, so forgive me, if I am breaking any rules. I cannot express my concerns and beliefs on another like site, without making snowflakes mad. I call a spade a spade, a bad coach a bad coach and a stupid AD a stupid AD. I see no reasons to hold back. WIth that said... What are everyone's realistic expectations going into next season? I, personally, see 3, maybe 4 wins.. After which the same group of "fans" will flock to Collins' side, saying how "great" he is. Just curious, if I am the only person that can see through the muck... I expect to have more narratives, I expect to continue to see the pass/fail line move over and over. Lastly, I expect more kids to get tired of Collins' BS and leave. I expect that after the 2024 season, which will be another losing season, both Collins and the AD are fired. However; at that point the damage is done. Again... I may be the only person, that sees this. Help me understand why I should have a remote shred of hope.
:bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:

Double digit wins.... unfortunately that will be cumulative for the Collins era.
I’ll go out on a limb and state that G*C* reaches double digit wins this year. I’d be amazed if he was winless.

Back