Realistic expectations

The interesting question is, if we get off to a 1-4 start, would it be better to make a decision halfway through the year and give us time to find someone, or do we wait until the end of the season when the buyout decreases a little and hope we can find someone still on the market then?
We replace the AD and the new AD starts a search for our next coach. As I said earlier, Collins is a dead man walking at that point and gets terminated as soon as the buyout drops.

Yes. I think. Dang it. Are we crushing their undefeated season? Ruining their hopes of making the playoffs? Maybe one more year in that case.

Georgia is losing a lot. A lot. Cook, Zeus, Pickens (who was pretty good, it pains me to say, when he played, which wasn't that much), plus a bunch of guys on defense and some of their best linemen. Yes, they've recruited well (or their bag men have stepped up their game, however you wish to frame it). They'll have Bowers and Washington at TE but I think across the board, it may be a tough go early until they get some of their blue chippers in reserve to bloody their noses.
Can we beat them? Cue Miracle Max.

Georgia is losing a lot. A lot. Cook, Zeus, Pickens (who was pretty good, it pains me to say, when he played, which wasn't that much), plus a bunch of guys on defense and some of their best linemen. Yes, they've recruited well (or their bag men have stepped up their game, however you wish to frame it). They'll have Bowers and Washington at TE but I think across the board, it may be a tough go early until they get some of their blue chippers in reserve to bloody their noses.
Can we beat them? Cue Miracle Max.
And of course we get them late in the season after they've worked all of that out.

This may be something already brought up once or may be a "tabboo" topic to discuss. It's my first post, so forgive me, if I am breaking any rules. I cannot express my concerns and beliefs on another like site, without making snowflakes mad. I call a spade a spade, a bad coach a bad coach and a stupid AD a stupid AD. I see no reasons to hold back. WIth that said... What are everyone's realistic expectations going into next season? I, personally, see 3, maybe 4 wins.. After which the same group of "fans" will flock to Collins' side, saying how "great" he is. Just curious, if I am the only person that can see through the muck... I expect to have more narratives, I expect to continue to see the pass/fail line move over and over. Lastly, I expect more kids to get tired of Collins' BS and leave. I expect that after the 2024 season, which will be another losing season, both Collins and the AD are fired. However; at that point the damage is done. Again... I may be the only person, that sees this. Help me understand why I should have a remote shred of hope.
Georgia Tech and almost all the schools in the ACC, Big 10 and PAC-10 with the exception of a few are going to have a very difficult time continuing to play “college football” under NIL and free agency, especially after the best programs in each conference depart for the mini-NFL/SEC.

But it is what it is. I’m not going to watch “college football “that is not college. Im sick and tired of Alabama and now Georgia winning because they are willing to cheat and the NCAA allows them to get away with it. Georgia and Bama are not held to college football standards like everyone else.

they say “in the SEC it just means more”. That’s code for “To hell with academics, learning, a college education and the development of character, win at all costs.“

Last edited:
I’m not going to watch “college football “that is not college. i’m sick and tired of Alabama and now Georgia winning because they are willing to cheat in the NCAA allows them to get away with it. Georgia and Bama are not held to college football standards like everyone else. In the SEC it’s just going to be a complete NFL franchise with zero to do with college.
So why have you been watching since the mid 70’s? The NCAA has been allowing it and protecting the top tier for over 50 years and you are now fired up about it? Alabama and Georgia are doing the exact same thing they’ve always been doing. Nothing new here. I will continue to watch college football because it’s the same sport it has been.

We all have. I couldn't post for 2 weeks and all I said was a joke.

They have lost their minds at that site. Humor is good for the soul. They will suspend you for humor.

i am no longer allowed to post in the Fire Geoff Collins thread because I “bumped” it to the top once. That’s it. I bumped it. Now, I’m banned from the thread. Nazis.

They have lost their minds at that site. Humor is good for the soul. They will suspend you for humor.

i am no longer allowed to post in the Fire Geoff Collins thread because I “bumped” it to the top once. That’s it. I bumped it. Now, I’m banned from the thread. Nazis.
And this place is better?

If he wins less than 6, I don’t see anyone defending him. He’ll obviously be out*.

My expectation is 3-4 wins.

* Assuming an obvious and rational decision from our AD, which may be giving TStan too much credit
Trust me, they WILL defend him.

So why have you been watching since the mid 70’s? The NCAA has been allowing it and protecting the top tier for over 50 years and you are now fired up about it? Alabama and Georgia are doing the exact same thing they’ve always been doing. Nothing new here. I will continue to watch college football because it’s the same sport it has been.
Again OJ, degree matters. Yes, cFB was imperfect to say the least in the 70s. Compared to NIL/TP though, it was a pebble vs Stone Mountain.

Love the absolute certainty on display, given how little we know about our depth chart and the fact we know almost nothing about our opponents, several of which have entirely new coaching staffs and/or no idea who will play QB. It's like we forgot what college football and especially the ACC Coastal is actually like.
It’s a league game, Smokey. Mark it zero

The interesting question is, if we get off to a 1-4 start, would it be better to make a decision halfway through the year and give us time to find someone, or do we wait until the end of the season when the buyout decreases a little and hope we can find someone still on the market then?
at that point you fire TStan, then use the rest of the season to find his replacement. Can't look for both a coach and the guy who needs to hire him at the same time. Well, you can... but it's probably not ideal for an AD to get saddled with a coach he didn't hire.

Again OJ, degree matters. Yes, cFB was imperfect to say the least in the 70s. Compared to NIL/TP though, it was a pebble vs Stone Mountain.
I just don’t see it. Bama and UGA have been getting stud football players for decades. They didn’t just up and start getting 4 and 5 stars due to NIL/TP the past 2 years. Georgia won this year not because of the portal or NIL. They started a freaking walk on QB OVER a portal 5 star. They won because the football gods finally shined on them and because Bama lost there 2 most dynamic offensive weapons. Sure, Bama got Gibbs. But even if they hadn’t they would still have had a stable full of studs at RB just like they always have. And Gibbs could have transferred anyway even under the old rules. And if he didn’t want to sit a season he would just do what good players on bad teams have been doing for years- pull a hammy and sit. I just believe you guys are buying the ESPN backed hype regarding this stuff. Bama will win it next year just like they’ve won pre NIL/Portal. Nothing has really changed. The players are still being lied to by the big boys and are just human fodder. GT will be fine once we get a real coach. The world is not ending.

Well your opinion sucks. There is absolutely no possible way CGC gets extended in the middle of the year. Highly unlikely he gets extended at the end of the year even with a stellar showing this season.

Also, the fact that you are already complaining about some posters showing signs of excitement over a winning record shows how ridiculous your opinion is.
Bull öööö. Guys here were cumming in their underwear after the win against UNC last year making us 2-2, with close losses to UNI and South Carolina Cow College. We turned the corner!!!! Yeah into the path of an oncoming train called Pitt.

CGC gets us to 4-3 and the CGC approval poll here will show at least 90% approval.

Back