Realistic expectations

Where does his grammar suck, unless you consider obvious typos or shortcuts poor grammar. If that is the case, then probably 90% of the posters on this site are guilty of sucky grammar. I bet you too are guilty of it. As far as perusing other threads, he just this morning joined this site. Do you expect him to "peruse" the hundreds of previously posted threads to find out what has been or is being said by others? Maybe you have time to waste like that, but I can guarantee you that few others do.
I stand by what I said. Although a more lengthy discussion on grammar may be considered a respite for those tired of hearing the same old bitching, I’m not going to participate. Also, I’m not aware of any rule that says you must post something bad about GT immediately upon becoming a member of StinGTalk.

Edit: so evidently he’s been a member. At any rate, I said “welcome to StinGTalk.” I think you can pretty much say anything you want if you just put that after it.

Last edited:
I agree, and the fact that we almost beat them last year says a lot.
They did, however, get one of the top QB recruits in the nation. So if DJ Cinco can't spin them around, they'll go to the Klubnik kid.
And Dabo promoted a lot of guys from within to fill those spots he lost. They aren't going to lose a lot in continuity.

It’s fans like you salivating at potential losses to Clemson ole miss UCF and the mutts that’s pathetic
Dude, I feel you, I really do. Nobody here is rooting against TECH. However, the question is what are the expectations. CGC has shown nothing to provide any confidence that we will win more than 3-4 games. And at the end of the day, it IS about winning, not close losses. The fact is CGC has clearly revealed himself to be a clown. We have a long enough body of evidence to say this with confidence.

They can. However there is little evidence of that happening under the leadership of this staff.
Which is why half the staff is gone. If Chip Long can't get anything out of the TE's, then they got nothing. But I'd like to see first.

This is absolutely correct. Not a single poster in this board will defend CGC if the win total is less than 6. I don’t understand why that’s such a hard concept for others to grasp. Those of us that are showing support right now are mostly doing so because we know he’s not going anywhere until the end of the season.
jts1207 will defend him. Definitely.

I don’t see us having a losing record and beating Georgia. But if Collins wins in Athens, I would be happy for him to stay another year. Wins over the Mutts are too infrequent. I am not firing a coach whose last game was a win over Georgia.

We will have more conference wins than the basketball team
So there you have it. Write it down. jts1207 says we will win at least five ACC conference games this year. Six if Tech BB beats BC at home tomorrow (VERY doable).

He already picked a loss to South Carolina Cow College. So that means five (or six) wins out of seven games against Pitt, Duke, UVA, FSU, VT, Miami and UNC. That is certainly achievable, IMO. None of these teams are likely to be very good, except MAYBE Miami and UNC.

Even though jts1207 is a major league dumbass, I am hoping he is right for once, and a bunch of us - including me - have to eat crow, But I still only see three wins there, and four total.

The interesting question is, if we get off to a 1-4 start, would it be better to make a decision halfway through the year and give us time to find someone, or do we wait until the end of the season when the buyout decreases a little and hope we can find someone still on the market then?

It is likely a good thing we only have one home game after mid October - there will be no one there and the ones that are could be angry.

The interesting question is, if we get off to a 1-4 start, would it be better to make a decision halfway through the year and give us time to find someone, or do we wait until the end of the season when the buyout decreases a little and hope we can find someone still on the market then?

If he was retained for this year, no way that he is fired PRIOR the buyout dropping significantly in early December '22. But yeah, if the team gets off to a slow start, I think that it will be fairly obvious that he is gone (along w/TDope) and the powers that be are just waiting on the clock to strike midnight on the buyout date.

More likely IMO is that they start 4-3 (very doable), a bunch of folks here stain their drawers, TStan extends CGC another year, and then . . . they fail to win another game the rest of the way. I really don't see any wins in the last five games - and it's not because "I don't want to see it."

I actually haven't been "banned" on that other site. Just got a warning for posting a truth. Why people fail to want to hear truths is beyond me. It seems like we have a hit a point of society where people just want to be lied to. As long as it makes them feel good. I am too old school for that. I tell people, like it is. I am in the camp of "if you can't do your job, someone else will" and "don't put frosting a chicken poop and tell me it's a cupcake". Collins is a fraud. He is a woke coach that uses narratives, blames and excuses... He is everything that GT doesn't need. I can smell the BS that he spills each time he talks. He rode a lot of coat tails to get where he is.. So, if that's the camp you're thinking.... you are correct.
We all have. I couldn't post for 2 weeks and all I said was a joke.

Start looking but don't announce it publicly

No reason to fire in-season,no matter what. Just have your list of candidates ready.

More likely IMO is that they start 4-3 (very doable), a bunch of folks here stain their drawers, TStan extends CGC another year, and then . . . they fail to win another game the rest of the way. I really don't see any wins in the last five games - and it's not because "I don't want to see it."
Well your opinion sucks. There is absolutely no possible way CGC gets extended in the middle of the year. Highly unlikely he gets extended at the end of the year even with a stellar showing this season.

Also, the fact that you are already complaining about some posters showing signs of excitement over a winning record shows how ridiculous your opinion is.

Well your opinion sucks. There is absolutely no possible way CGC gets extended in the middle of the year. Highly unlikely he gets extended at the end of the year even with a stellar showing this season.

Also, the fact that you are already complaining about some posters showing signs of excitement over a winning record shows how ridiculous your opinion is.
If he gets extended without going undefeated or winning at least 9 games, then there will be a massive mutiny by the loyal Tech fans.

Love the absolute certainty on display, given how little we know about our depth chart and the fact we know almost nothing about our opponents, several of which have entirely new coaching staffs and/or no idea who will play QB. It's like we forgot what college football and especially the ACC Coastal is actually like.

There is absolutely no possible way CGC gets extended in the middle of the year.
I agree, but it has happened once. I look at it like this Tech can save money by waiting but if you know your next Head Coach is already on the staff then go ahead and pull the trigger and let him get a start on recruiting for the next year Dec comes early. (Note he I'm not saying the next Head Coach is on the staff)

Back