Realistic expectations

So you expect improvement across the board but only one added win. I expect us to be a .500'ish team, with key plays determining whether we are 5-7. 6-6. or 7-5. Need to feast on the crummy coastal because the schedule does us no favors otherwise.
You think we’re .500 “ish”? Wow…. Based on what?
We’ve had a general improvement in coaches—- but???
There’s still too much inexperience. And not nearly enough talent on the roster to play FBS, let alone P5.
2-3 wins max.

We are going to win some games and lose some others. But two things are guaranteed:

1. The butthurt when we lose is gonna be monumental.

2. When we win, the butthurt will be worse because we didn’t win good enough.
öööö off, dude, didn't win good enough? Are you out of your damned mind? We've won 9 games in 3 seasons. Nobody is complaining about margin of victory, we're pissed off that the people responsible for the poor results still have jobs.

öööö off, dude, didn't win good enough? Are you out of your damned mind? We've won 9 games in 3 seasons. Nobody is complaining about margin of victory, we're pissed off that the people responsible for the poor results still have jobs.
Good, good. Let the butthurt flow through you.

I don’t have a “must win X or else “ goal.

I’ll decide on my own if we are progressing towards being a respectable program.

Coaches a lot better than Collins have struggled when they started here. They all recovered by year three but Collins needs one year more.

So I’m not going to pull a stupid random win total out of thin air. Ill know if we are a solid, respectable team by mid October.

It will be best for all concerned if Collins and Co right the ship this season. But if, by Oct 15th, they haven’t then the painful and difficult decision needs to be made. And decisively so.

He's butt buddies with the other morons from the swarm who gnashed their teeth at moderation. This is a regular interval stirring of öööö.
I can assure you I am not buddies, butt, besties or otherwise with anyone from the swarm... I was censored and kicked off, for speaking the truth. Seems to be a running thing lately. I will be happy to discuss, over a beer or 12, on how much I dislike the swarm and any other site that censors.

I don’t have a “must win X or else “ goal.

I’ll decide on my own if we are progressing towards being a respectable program.

Coaches a lot better than Collins have struggled when they started here. They all recovered by year three but Collins needs one year more.

So I’m not going to pull a stupid random win total out of thin air. Ill know if we are a solid, respectable team by mid October.

It will be best for all concerned if Collins and Co right the ship this season. But if, by Oct 15th, they haven’t then the painful and difficult decision needs to be made. And decisively so.

Mid October, eh? So what 8 games? Considering we are back loaded on schedule, that is probably eliminating 3 losses.

In the first 8 games, if we don’t win 1 we are putrid.
Two wins would still be a bad team.
Three wins would mean capping out at 4 wins max. Four wins on the season and he is probably gone.

So I am guessing your unnamed number is 5 wins, but they would have to be done in the right way. Maybe you would drop to four wins with a lot of close losses.

Hypothetically, if we destroyed both ACCCG participants and uga, but lost every other game by 1, people might be happy. So maybe 3 wins. But that isn’t happening. When people talk X number of wins, they are precluding 3 win scenarios like the one listed above.

Or we'll lose to Western Carolina (see Northern Illinois, The Citadel) and the butthurt will be justified.

We aren’t losing to wcu. They will be the worst team we have played since we played wcu. With a little luck, they will bring their band.

The players aren't employed

200.gif

I expect to go 2-4 in the first half of the season and 2-4 in the second half, or 4-8 overall.

I will be pleased if we go 6-6, because that would likely mean we beat all the "bad" teams on our schedule, which is a sure sign of improvement.

I will be disappointed with 5 wins or fewer.

So basically I expect to be disappointed.

You think we’re .500 “ish”? Wow…. Based on what?
We’ve had a general improvement in coaches—- but???
There’s still too much inexperience. And not nearly enough talent on the roster to play FBS, let alone P5.
2-3 wins max.

Not enough talent on the roster to play FBS is an absurd statement. Even with the departures, this will be one of the more talented teams on paper we've had in recent memory. Certainly enough to be competitive in the Coastal, of all places. Basically, I am banking on competent coaching being worth potentially 3 wins, and I believe there is going to be addition by subtraction in a couple key areas. I think you guys just drastically underestimate the variability in college football. Outside of the top tier teams, most everyone is capable of winning 3 or winning 8 any given year. Much more fun for me to expect a decent season, personally.

Last edited:
While firing the coaches gets lots of conversation and often even spurs hope, the fact is the guys we have do know football. Do you think Nick Saban and his staff could step into our team's locker room and turn them into winners overnight? Probably not. The difference in most teams is simply talent, and obviously, some coaches are good at attracting it. A team's outlook is largely tied to how well they do year-to-year in stacking up recruiting classes and transfers. Lots of lousy ones and you get a lousy team. Lots of great ones and, well, you know. For the most past, the deck is stacked with a team's outlook long before the first August practice. It's easy to talk about being the unique school that found the recipe to improve marginal recruits, but every team in the country is working to do that.
So here's our situation. We've had 3 terrible seasons in row and we all want a miraculous turnaround with a winning season this year. The question should be, has the accumulated talent pool improved enough over the past 4 months to give this team a realistic outlook for the miraculous and coach-saving season? We're already playing with a hand behind our back as we finish spring ball with scholarship numbers that resemble a team on heavy-duty NCAA probation. Do we have the environment where top transfers around the country are going to say, "GT is where I want to play" as they change course over the next 2 months and head to Atlanta?
The realistic outlook is based on the Jimmy's and Joes, not the X's and O's.

We aren’t losing to wcu. They will be the worst team we have played since we played wcu. With a little luck, they will bring their band.
Yeah...never underestimate the incompetence of Collins...I have my fingers crossed that Tillman and Long will be the adults in the room and get the team prepared.

I expect to go 2-4 in the first half of the season and 2-4 in the second half, or 4-8 overall.

I will be pleased if we go 6-6, because that would likely mean we beat all the "bad" teams on our schedule, which is a sure sign of improvement.

I will be disappointed with 5 wins or fewer.

So basically I expect to be disappointed.
Me too. I am picking we go 4-8 and Collins will be praised for "turning the program around". All because we have 1 more win.

Back