Realistic expectations

You think that if we had Satan, we wouldn't have raised any more $$ than we did. That's an interesting take. We had plenty of talent, we just squandered it not deciding what we were going to do. You fight the Army you have, not the one you wish you had. G*C* missed that life lesson.

Another interesting take- you don't think over the course of 20 years Satan learned much about being a football coach. I don;t think he coaches or runs a program anything like he did when he first started out, but that's just my opinion. Same way as I lead my Teams today much differently than 2 yrs out of GT, he's learned a few things along the way.
This is, by far, the stupidest what if crap I’ve ever seen. We aren’t hiring a Nick Saban or Urban Meyer or Dabo Swinney or Kirby Smart or any other proven successful coach

Not enough talent on the roster to play FBS is an absurd statement. Even with the departures, this will be one of the more talented teams on paper we've had in recent memory. Certainly enough to be competitive in the Coastal, of all places. Basically, I am banking on competent coaching being worth potentially 3 wins, and I believe there is going to be addition by subtraction in a couple key areas. I think you guys just drastically underestimate the variability in college football. Outside of the top tier teams, most everyone is capable of winning 3 or winning 8 any given year. Much more fun for me to expect a decent season, personally.
The talent in the trenches cost us.

Few would doubt that the greatest coach of all time would have generated different results had he been on the Flats for the past three years, but my comments were directed towards the realistic expectations for 2022 with the team and talent we currently have; not a speculation on revision of history. That said, cutting out the dancing might be worth another win or two even with the current group.
"The team and talent we currently have"....this is year 4. Who is responsible for the team and talent we currently have?

Do y’all get together and try to figure out how to out douche each other? Collins will not be Praise for 4 wins and you know it.
I think the AD's fate will be tied to Collins. Therefore, I believe that anything that they can point to, as improvement, will be used to justify staying employed. Are you normally a dick or just a dick about this subject?

I think the AD's fate will be tied to Collins. Therefore, I believe that anything that they can point to, as improvement, will be used to justify staying employed. Are you normally a dick or just a dick about this subject?
Just about douches like you.

Are you normally a dick or just a dick about this subject?
Very normal. Among the many spectrum-sporting members of this site, he and CNJ in particular like to bicker like schoolgirls at each other, but we all know they are giving each other handies under the table.

1649349390370.jpeg

Very normal. Among the many spectrum-sporting members of this site, he and CNJ in particular like to bicker like schoolgirls at each other, but we all know they are giving each other handies under the table.
Show me on the doll where I hurt you.

"The team and talent we currently have"....this is year 4. Who is responsible for the team and talent we currently have?

Of course and that's obvious, but also irrelevant to what I was talking about. My point was simply that the 2022 outlook for our team is largely tied to the talent level we currently have, and not necessarily a function of who will be the game day coaches in 2022 from a strategic standpoint. Saban or others would not win big time with our current squad. My comments were solely on the current outlook for GT, an outlook that is talent driven, just as it is at other schools.
Stating what should be the obvious, weak teams are at a pretty predictable disadvantage on the field with teams that recruit the top players.
Could new coaches give us a better outlook for 2023 and beyond? Absolutely. Could different coaches in the past have accumulated more talent than Collins? No doubt. Who is responsible for what we have? We all know the answer.

Of course and that's obvious, but also irrelevant to what I was talking about. My point was simply that the 2022 outlook for our team is largely tied to the talent level we currently have, and not necessarily a function of who will be the game day coaches in 2022 from a strategic standpoint. Saban or others would not win big time with our current squad. My comments were solely on the current outlook for GT, an outlook that is talent driven, just as it is at other schools.
Stating what should be the obvious, weak teams are at a pretty predictable disadvantage on the field with teams that recruit the top players.
Could new coaches give us a better outlook for 2023 and beyond? Absolutely. Could different coaches in the past have accumulated more talent than Collins? No doubt. Who is responsible for what we have? We all know the answer.
But weren't we led to believe that Collins would improve the talent level to a point where we could compete? Has he made good on that expectation? Also, all the coaches that we constantly bash and often, rightfully so, weren't they Collins' hires? There are several components to being a good head coach and to date, Collins has failed in all areas.

But weren't we led to believe that Collins would improve the talent level to a point where we could compete? Has he made good on that expectation? Also, all the coaches that we constantly bash and often, rightfully so, weren't they Collins' hires? There are several components to being a good head coach and to date, Collins has failed in all areas.

All true and you're exactly right. Of course that's not what I was talking about earlier, but you're spot on about Collins.

I expect 5-7 wins. We were a bad team last year, but we were in MOST of the games. Clean up the stupid mistakes, increase offensive production by a 6 points while decreasing turnovers (bigger issue), and decrease defensive points allowed by a few points, and we are at 7 wins.
Name the five to seven teams that you expect us to beat.

TIA!

If that happens, it becomes obvious that no one in control cares whether we ever have a successful football program again.
I think that is already obvious. I mean, if Angel et al. actually cared, and this is the best result they can produce, you'd pretty much be saying that they are the biggest bunch of bungling incompetent boobs this side of Washington, DC . . . or Moscow.

Name the five to seven teams that you expect us to beat.

TIA!

wcu
duke
———————————-Likely
uva
fsu
miami
ucf
unc
————————————Possible
vt
pitt