"Remember this name..Vad Lee"

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/football/news/story?id=5756563

North Carolina is annually one of the stronger states for producing upper-tier prospects, and this year is no different. North Carolina has six members of the ESPNU 150 and is deep with three- and four-star prospects. Two of those six ESPNU 150 prospects, T.J. Thorpe (Durham, N.C./Charles E. Jordan) and Vad Lee (Durham, N.C./Hillside), highlight the state of North Carolina's strong group of athletes.

Remember this name

102975.jpg

Lee
ATH Vad Lee
Lee is one of the more underrated players in the country but will quickly become a household name in college, thanks to the system he is joining. This highly productive and athletic dual-threat quarterback may have slid on some recruiting boards because he posed some positional questions, but he's a great fit for what Georgia Tech does behind center in Paul Johnson's option offense. Lee has great measurables and the tools to hurt defenses in the air or on the ground. He combines good size, strength and acceleration as a runner and makes quick, decisive reads getting up field when he decides to keep it. He has a live arm as a passer and should be able to make all the required throws in the Yellow Jackets' offense. Lee has a lot of natural ability to develop at receiver if the transition to quarterback is not a smooth one, making him a can't-miss prospect for Georgia Tech in our opinion.

Georgia Tech
59.gif
Aside from Lee, the Yellow Jackets have a pledge from another promising athlete out of North Carolina who could run the option offense or develop at another skill position. Three-star prospect Airyn Willis (High Point, N.C./Southwest Guilford) is tall and lanky but fluid and athletic with good speed and change-of-direction skill.

I'll be sad if Lee ends up at WR. He seems like he'll be able to do so much more under center.

Haven't heard much about Willis. Are we looking at him for QB too? I think we might be overrecruiting QBs.

I'll be sad if Lee ends up at WR. He seems like he'll be able to do so much more under center.

Haven't heard much about Willis. Are we looking at him for QB too? I think we might be overrecruiting QBs.

That's why CPJ likes guys who can play multiple positions. If they don't workout at QB then they can effectively play another position.

QBs in CPJ's system have to be athletic. You can't say that about QBs in other systems.

I am sure Vad will play QB.. I think Willis has realized that he doesn't have a shot at QB. Vad and him are good friends. I have read their convos about playing at the same time together.

I think Vad will redshirt next year but then win the job. I hope he does. We need a QB that can pass without dropping off in the running game. Vad has so much potential. More than any other QB we have had since I can remember..

Proper execution of the Quad-Option Reverse Calamari Surprise requires 11 quarterbacks on the field at once. Paul Johnson knows what he's doing.

That is not possible.

QBs tend to be the best football player of any sort on many H.S. teams. As long as the player will accept moving to other positions if beaten out at QB then we can always use more.

I'll wait and see. I've seen so many Joe Ham 2.0's come through and do nothing since Joe Ham. We've gotten lots of other dual threat QB's that were much higher regarded than Vad Lee, we just haven't gotten them under PJ/ I'm not getting excited until someone can do it on the field.

Man, some of you guys are young and ignorant and haven't followed recruiting very long.

Vad Lee is only rated as a QB by ESPN. Everyone else either has him as a WR or a Athlete.
Nesbitt, Bilbo, Dawan Landry who was a QB out of HS, Al Pena, Pat Carter, Reggie Ball, Johnathan Garner, Byron Ingram, Chrenshaw, AJ Suggs, Luallen and about 4 more that I can't remember were all rated higher as a QB than Vad Lee whose only good ranking comes from ESPN.

Stop getting excited about the "next savior" or GT football. You could fill a bus depot full of "The Next Savior of GT football" who didn't do **** once they hit the campus.

All this talk about Vad Lee, was talked about all the guys above. Hell, when Bilbo was a redshirt freshman everyone was about jizzing their shorts about how he will win the Heisman at GT and we see how that went.

I'm not saying the kid can't be a great QB. But I've seen a lot of talk about several recruits over the years who were equal if not better than Vad Lee that failed miserably and never came close to expectations. Bilbo may be the biggest example of this as he was Mississippi Gatoraid Highschool player of the year and literally rewrote the HS record books.

Man, some of you guys are young and ignorant and haven't followed recruiting very long.

Vad Lee is only rated as a QB by ESPN. Everyone else either has him as a WR or a Athlete.
Nesbitt, Bilbo, Dawan Landry who was a QB out of HS, Al Pena, Pat Carter, Reggie Ball, Johnathan Garner, Byron Ingram, Chrenshaw, AJ Suggs, Luallen and about 4 more that I can't remember were all rated higher as a QB than Vad Lee whose only good ranking comes from ESPN.

Stop getting excited about the "next savior" or GT football. You could fill a bus depot full of "The Next Savior of GT football" who didn't do **** once they hit the campus.

All this talk about Vad Lee, was talked about all the guys above. Hell, when Bilbo was a redshirt freshman everyone was about jizzing their shorts about how he will win the Heisman at GT and we see how that went.

I'm not saying the kid can't be a great QB. But I've seen a lot of talk about several recruits over the years who were equal if not better than Vad Lee that failed miserably and never came close to expectations. Bilbo may be the biggest example of this as he was Mississippi Gatoraid Highschool player of the year and literally rewrote the HS record books.

Consider the source. Chan Gailey.

I am sure Vad will play QB.. I think Willis has realized that he doesn't have a shot at QB. Vad and him are good friends. I have read their convos about playing at the same time together.

I think Vad will redshirt next year but then win the job. I hope he does. We need a QB that can pass without dropping off in the running game. Vad has so much potential. More than any other QB we have had since I can remember..

I will say that Willis has more experience (2yrs) playing our offense vs Vad, but if it should come down between the two.....from what I've seen this year from both, Vad Lee would be our starter. But, a lot things can happen between now and when they step foot on The Flats.

I agree with what you're saying, but they didn't play under CPJ either.

I agree with what you're saying, but they didn't play under CPJ either.

He included Luallen in his list who was a 4* dual-threat QB recruited by CPJ who didn't break the 2-deep after his redshirt freshman year and transferred.

Back