"Remember this name..Vad Lee"

BOF: "You don't know dick"....

Wow for someone who is obviously older than me...You sure do talk like the highschool seniors below me..

We can have different opinions without saying **** like QFT...

Vad Lee is rated higher than any of our QB recruits from the last ten years on ESPN. ESPN does a crappy job of keeping up with ALL of the recruits. But they cover some recruits more than others. I dont care if a former GT player grades players. Like the article I posted..Was the guy who wrote it a former GT player..

I look forward to your immature response..

Lighten up francis. Try not to take me so seriously and you'll have a much better time. Also, ESPN's rankings only go back to 2006 so its a little bit premature to say that he's the best rated over the last ten years. Since 2006 for sure and that is only according to ESPN which you admittedly (and you are correct) don't keep up with the majority of recruiting. Don't be mad because I call you out for talking out of your ass. Because you're talking out of your ass.

ESPN only has about 3 guys rating players. One of them is Tommy Luginbill. If you don't know who that is go ask your dad (assuming he's a GT fan also). Luginbill has only been doing this for about 5 years.

Rivals has about 20 and Scout about the same not to mention several writers and coverage guys. So Rivals and Scout's rankings historically, tend to be more accurate. In fact some of the people that rate players for those two sites have been doing it for over 20 years.

20 years ago you had 4 basic publications that rated players or classified highschool players. Street and Smith which is now part of the Sporting News, Parade Magazine, Blue Chip Recruiting, and then your local rag paper like the AJC, Washington Post, whatever.

In the early 90's you had guys that were connected with these services branch out on their own and start their own publications. Jamie Newberg, Forest Davis were a couple. Those guys ended up being bought out by what is now Rivals, and then after Rivals got going, a few started the Insiders network which is now Scout.

ESPN didn't jump on the recruiting train until 2006 and does an awful job keeping up with all the players in the country. they just haven't dedicated as much attention to it and therefore their rankings are nice and all, but probably the least reliable.

Then there's just highschool accolades that go along with a player. Like Damarius Bilbo was USA Today and Gatorade Mississippi player of the year and was the Dick Butkus National Highschool player of the year.

When you say a kid is the highest rated player EVER to come through GT in ten years at his position... I take that as being highly rated across the board. Like Derrick Morgan or Johnathan Dwyer which were rated by every publication known to exist at the time, not just rated highly by one and/or they had accolades to boot.

Right now Lee looks like he may get some awesome accolades, which he doesn't have yet. He's only highly ranked by one publication which is ESPN. So your comments about him are totally overblown at this point. Maybe he gets reranked at the end of the season by everyone else, maybe not. But right now he is not the highest ranked player we've had at the QB position in ten years, in fact, he's not even close.

Man, some of you guys are young and ignorant and haven't followed recruiting very long.

Vad Lee is only rated as a QB by ESPN. Everyone else either has him as a WR or a Athlete.
Nesbitt, Bilbo, Dawan Landry who was a QB out of HS, Al Pena, Pat Carter, Reggie Ball, Johnathan Garner, Byron Ingram, Chrenshaw, AJ Suggs, Luallen and about 4 more that I can't remember were all rated higher as a QB than Vad Lee whose only good ranking comes from ESPN.

Stop getting excited about the "next savior" or GT football. You could fill a bus depot full of "The Next Savior of GT football" who didn't do **** once they hit the campus.

All this talk about Vad Lee, was talked about all the guys above. Hell, when Bilbo was a redshirt freshman everyone was about jizzing their shorts about how he will win the Heisman at GT and we see how that went.

I'm not saying the kid can't be a great QB. But I've seen a lot of talk about several recruits over the years who were equal if not better than Vad Lee that failed miserably and never came close to expectations. Bilbo may be the biggest example of this as he was Mississippi Gatoraid Highschool player of the year and literally rewrote the HS record books.

Dude, I'm upset that you missed the biggest "Joe Ham 2.0" name off the list - Mark Logan. From practice reports, it sounded like he could throw a pinpoint pass 60 yards while tap dancing on a high wire.

He was the USA Today South Carolina POTY (sound familiar?), scored 45 TD's his senior year in HS (18 rushing), and he ended up being a lightly used WR.

Dude, I'm upset that you missed the biggest "Joe Ham 2.0" name off the list - Mark Logan. From practice reports, it sounded like he could throw a pinpoint pass 60 yards while tap dancing on a high wire.

He was the USA Today South Carolina POTY (sound familiar?), scored 45 TD's his senior year in HS (18 rushing), and he ended up being a lightly used WR.

Yes, thank you. Chalk up another one who was more highly rated than Vad Lee and was supposed to be the next Joe Ham.

BOR good post, Luginbill is on ESPN with Pollack for about an hour almost every day. Unless ESPN has writers for the two of them, I don't see Luginbill finding that much time to follow recruiting.

Rivals has about 20 and Scout about the same not to mention several writers and coverage guys. So Rivals and Scout's rankings historically, tend to be more accurate. In fact some of the people that rate players for those two sites have been doing it for over 20 years.

OK man, we've been buddies for a long time so I'm going to call BS on this one. You usually bring the facts when called to the mat, but there's no way that you can say Scout or Rivals is "more accurate". That requires a measure of accuracy, and there is no measure of accuracy of reporting services out there.

I think you made a good case for why Rivals and Scout are "better", but not "accurate". I think the 2007 class was pretty well ranked by ESPN - they weren't as liberal with the 4-star type rankings, and i think they got Nesbitt right. In fact, if Nesbitt wasn't playing the TO he wouldn't be a QB right now.....he'd be Mark Logan.

The 2006 class ranking was pretty right on as well - with the exception of D. Thomas. The rest of their rankings....well, we'll see. 2008 they had us with no impact players, and I think they're right. Based off of how the guys are contributing to the team, they seem to be doing a decent job with "accuracy".

If you look at the 2007 class, to me ESPN did a better job than Rivals. They've got Gilbert and Tarrant rated very low, and I would say they played much better than those rankings. They hit it on the high end, but I think everyone agreed that Morgan B. and D. Morgan, and J. Dwyer were studs. And they were!

OK man, we've been buddies for a long time so I'm going to call BS on this one. You usually bring the facts when called to the mat, but there's no way that you can say Scout or Rivals is "more accurate". That requires a measure of accuracy, and there is no measure of accuracy of reporting services out there.

I think you made a good case for why Rivals and Scout are "better", but not "accurate". I think the 2007 class was pretty well ranked by ESPN - they weren't as liberal with the 4-star type rankings, and i think they got Nesbitt right. In fact, if Nesbitt wasn't playing the TO he wouldn't be a QB right now.....he'd be Mark Logan.

The 2006 class ranking was pretty right on as well - with the exception of D. Thomas. The rest of their rankings....well, we'll see. 2008 they had us with no impact players, and I think they're right. Based off of how the guys are contributing to the team, they seem to be doing a decent job with "accuracy".

If you look at the 2007 class, to me ESPN did a better job than Rivals. They've got Gilbert and Tarrant rated very low, and I would say they played much better than those rankings. They hit it on the high end, but I think everyone agreed that Morgan B. and D. Morgan, and J. Dwyer were studs. And they were!

More guys covering recruiting and rating players + longer history of doing it = more accurate ratings.

It helps to know me both on and off the board. Lets face it, some guys on here think I'm a total maniac. which is somewhat true. :D

Well I've known you for almost 20 years (wow) and I think you're one step behind total maniac.

Actually, total maniac is a guy we both know named Joe. Or Casey. But that's a different story. You're like a teddy bear compared to them.

This goes way back for most of you I expect, but what about Charles Dudish in the late 60's? I went to HS with him at Avondale, which was for years a perennial winner, he was at the time considered the best QB in the country I believe, or perhaps top 5.

CBS even had a special report on him at one time.

Way before today's rating services, internet, cable TV, etc. Did not pan out of course, what else is new?

You're right. Most on this board didn't know of Dudish.

I rememeber his arm being popped back in after getting separated/dilocal'ed. I was a teenager then and that made my soldier hurt in my den watching on the B&W tube TV.

I think you're missing that I'm not missing something.

leonardo-dicaprio-greensburg.jpg

You're right. Most on this board didn't know of Dudish.

I rememeber his arm being popped back in after getting separated/dilocal'ed. I was a teenager then and that made my soldier hurt in my den watching on the B&W tube TV.
Another poster was right, there was a t.v. special about Dudish's recruiting and how good he was in h.s.Tech fans like me thought that he was going to be the second coming.Never really happened though,I think I remember him turning into a minister. "Not that there is anything wrong with that ." Sinefield,out.

The reason that Vad is not ranked highly on Rivals or Scout is b/c they have him at WR on Scout. They also have him as not ranked on Rivals. Some sites dont do a good job of updating players profiles or rankings. Some sites cover a player more than the other. For instance, Rivals has Jabari as a four star and number 11 at his position. He is ranked a two star athlete on ESPN. ESPN just hasn't bothered to evaluate him. Alot of times these sites only take 10 seconds to rank a player.

However, ESPN has covered Vad a great deal over the past six months. Vad is ranked higher as QB than Nesbitt was. Vad is the highest rated QB recruit that we have ever had..BOttom Line..I agree that he has to prove it. Example..J. Luallen..

But Vad is the highest rated QB recruit that we have ever had.

Check your PM's.

Back