"Remember this name..Vad Lee"

However many analysts they have, Rivals and Scout both have two huge dumbass rankings that have kept me from giving too much credibility to stars. Rivals had Calvin Johnson as a 5* and for whatever dumbass reason dropped him to a 4* after he committed to us. But at least that's explained by their SEC audience, Scout's on the other hand has no explanation possible. They rated Reggie Bush a 4*.

These discussions about Vad Lee are stupid though. Unless a high school kid is a Calvin Johnson or Reggie Bush, it's somewhat of a crapshoot whether a kid becomes productive at the next level. 4*'s are more likely than 2*'s to have good careers, but there are still too many factors to put too much expectations on players still in high school.

Vad Leeroy? Catches footballs with his teeth? 'Nouncer please...

It helps to know me both on and off the board. Lets face it, some guys on here think I'm a total maniac. which is somewhat true. :D

Exhibit A:

http://www.stingtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38854&highlight=bridge

I was so bummed after that loss, and of course came home and went straight to stingtalk to atleast remind myself I wasn't the only one. After reading this post, I felt ok again.

Edit: My favorite part of that post:

As far as Dave Wommack goes here's what I want to do. I'm going to invite Dave down for a beach weekend in St. Simons. I'm going to bury Wommack up to his neck in the sand. Then I'm going to pace off 100 yards in the opposite direction. I will then turn and face Wommack as I begin to sprint as fast as I can in his direction. After a running start, I am then going to kick his face like a Soccer Ball. And after I've done that a few times, I'm going to drink some Coronas and watch the tide come in. If this piece of **** isn't fired at seasons end then I will be very upset. How do you scheme to load the box to stop the run, and they still run it on you in a single back and I formation? WTF????

Man, some of you guys are young and ignorant and haven't followed recruiting very long.

Vad Lee is only rated as a QB by ESPN. Everyone else either has him as a WR or a Athlete.
Nesbitt, Bilbo, Dawan Landry who was a QB out of HS, Al Pena, Pat Carter, Reggie Ball, Johnathan Garner, Byron Ingram, Chrenshaw, AJ Suggs, Luallen and about 4 more that I can't remember were all rated higher as a QB than Vad Lee whose only good ranking comes from ESPN.

Stop getting excited about the "next savior" or GT football. You could fill a bus depot full of "The Next Savior of GT football" who didn't do **** once they hit the campus.

All this talk about Vad Lee, was talked about all the guys above. Hell, when Bilbo was a redshirt freshman everyone was about jizzing their shorts about how he will win the Heisman at GT and we see how that went.

I'm not saying the kid can't be a great QB. But I've seen a lot of talk about several recruits over the years who were equal if not better than Vad Lee that failed miserably and never came close to expectations. Bilbo may be the biggest example of this as he was Mississippi Gatoraid Highschool player of the year and literally rewrote the HS record books.

This is true about a hi rating several of these QBs but Ingram was NOT one.He wasn't even first team ALL-REGION.

Vad Lee is only rated as a QB by ESPN. Everyone else either has him as a WR or a Athlete.
Nesbitt, Bilbo, Dawan Landry who was a QB out of HS, Al Pena, Pat Carter, Reggie Ball, Johnathan Garner, Byron Ingram, Chrenshaw, AJ Suggs, Luallen and about 4 more that I can't remember were all rated higher as a QB than Vad Lee whose only good ranking comes from ESPN.

Damn. Al Pena is a name I hadn't heard in a while. I don't remember exactly what happened to him. Landry went from QB to an absolutely RIPPED safety. That dude scared me.

And wouldn't Crenshaw be the original Lil Joe 2.0 hopeful? He was on the field during the first couple of games in 2000 before Goose won the job. Even saw PT against #2 Florida State if I recall correctly.

Ugh, we should have won that game.

I believe it was Brandon Sumner. Went to UCF I believe, to try to be the next Culpepper

Yep, that was it. We expected him to step into Fridge's offense without missing a beat.

I checked the stats at UCF. Career of 163 yards 1 TD and 2 INTs in 2004.

Back