"Richt left Kirby with nothing"

Fwiw, dumbass SECspn announcers mentioned Kirby "having to play with Richts guys" a time or 2 during their game also.

Fwiw, dumbass SECspn announcers mentioned Kirby "having to play with Richts guys" a time or 2 during their game also.

It's just a go-to, jerk-off comment that meatheads say to sound smart. CPJ won with CCG recruits, Richt won with Donnan recruits, it just sounds really stupid to me. Plus, like others have said it isn't like UGA has ever recruited badly under Richt. Kirby needs to focus on more important things. For starters, he needs to think about getting a real haircut.

Go Vols.

Malcolm Mitchell was literally illiterate and was admitted. It was a national "feel good" story when he joined a book club to improve his literacy his junior year. He was academically eligible for the prior two seasons with 3rd grade reading comprehension.

How was that not the story?

I don't think this is accurate. I think it was clear by his own admission that he was reading below his peers at UGA but I seriously doubt it was 3rd-grade comprehension. You simply cannot pass even a 1101 class that way. I dunno, there are a lot of things you can hit those guys for but this wouldn't be the angle I would take. He did take an initiative to better himself and try to help kids.

I don't think Kirby will recruit or motivate as well as Richt. Richt was a players' coach; Kirby is not. There won't be pool parties and dance videos. Just Kirby telling players "pull your britches up boy" or whatever he said when they had him miked the other night.

I don't think this is accurate. I think it was clear by his own admission that he was coloring below his peers at UGA but I seriously doubt it was 3rd-grade coloring. You simply cannot pass even a 1101 class that way. He just could not stay in the lines. I dunno, there are a lot of things you can hit those guys for but this wouldn't be the angle I would take. He did take an initiative to better himself and try to help finish coloring books for kids.
Fify

I don't think this is accurate. I think it was clear by his own admission that he was reading below his peers at UGA but I seriously doubt it was 3rd-grade comprehension. You simply cannot pass even a 1101 class that way. I dunno, there are a lot of things you can hit those guys for but this wouldn't be the angle I would take. He did take an initiative to better himself and try to help kids.

He stated in the ESPN piece that he had a 3rd grade reading comprehension by his junior year, which leads to the question of how he passed 1101 and 1102 (and every other class).

Maybe there's something in the water in this state thats making all college O lines suck.

Reactions: Ck1
I have no idea about MM other than what he says, but I guarantee he is not the only one on their team with an elementary school reading level. Same goes for the majority of FBS schools. I teach HS science and I have a few 11th and 12th graders with elementary reading levels in almost every class. They usually go on to graduate, and I guarantee you if they had football skills they would get a scholarship.

I have no idea about MM other than what he says, but I guarantee he is not the only one on their team with an elementary school reading level. Same goes for the majority of FBS schools. I teach HS science and I have a few 11th and 12th graders with elementary reading levels in almost every class. They usually go on to graduate, and I guarantee you if they had football skills they would get a scholarship.
and their vote counts he same as yours

This is exactly what they should be hit with. Just assume it's a 7th/8th grade level as per the AJC---same issue. I suspect it would be veeeery interesting to see the actual academic records of their 2-deep front seven on D! How many of these 14 guys would our Admin even allow on campus for a recruiting visit?

you don't have to read good to graduate from Tech. sign these boys up!

Saban is dramatically overfarming the SEC, and the ecosystem won't be able to support him soon. He's now exhausted 100% of the global Les Miles, and just runoff from his activities has polluted Georgia to the point where it's not a suitable habitat for any Mark Richt. Gus Malzahn aren't a more stable population today than they were yesterday and Kevin Sumlin are also on the brink of being endangered. When their numbers finally fail, there won't be enough large coaches left to constitute the healthy top-15 diet he needs in order to endure the harsh weather of the playoff, his natural habitat, year in and year out. He'll have to subsist almost entirely on hyped species whose dietary value fade rapidly as the season progresses, which puts him at risk for "ain't played nobody" syndrome.

It's a sad way for such a majestic creature to go.

Holy öööö. Did you guys hear Saban saying "LSU firing Les Miles is like Georgia firing a 10 win coach like Mark Richt." It's the sec coaches on Les Miles video on ESPN.

What he meant was "Why do all these schools that suck try and hold their coaches to a standard set by me? They are setting themselves up for failure." Or, "Georgia, you might have hired a poor man's Nick Saban, but I am not going to that ööööhole Athens."

The Les Miles situation underscores just how far most teams, ourselves included, are from a national title. There are a lot of great coaches in college football and, of those, there are very few that can make their team perennial contenders year in and year out. LSU has just entered a dark time. I think Georgia has as well. When CPJ goes, I hope we can get a guy that can win 9-10 games every year. That's a huge step up (but it is still a far cry from what it takes to be a perennial contender.)

The Les Miles situation underscores just how far most teams, ourselves included, are from a national title. There are a lot of great coaches in college football and, of those, there are very few that can make their team perennial contenders year in and year out. LSU has just entered a dark time. I think Georgia has as well. When CPJ goes, I hope we can get a guy that can win 9-10 games every year. That's a huge step up (but it is still a far cry from what it takes to be a perennial contender.)

LSU is miles from a championship now.

Yeah but it also raises the question, is Saban THAT good (best ever?) or is he a product of his own talent multiplied by the explosion of college football (bubble?) and being in the rightest spot at the rightest time possible.

Back