Richt to Miami?

Order of sense for Miami:

Mullen - Deep Florida ties, knows the recruiting trails, comes from a good offensive coaching tree

Richt - Former Miami player, proven good head coaching record. If he couldn't win at Georgia, he won't win at Miami, either. Not tough on players.

Schiano/Davis - Both with ties to old school Miami, will try to usher in the return of swag. Will fail. Will get caught doing something really dumb. Will get the program in hot water.

Mullen? GTFO. Mediocre coach

Richt? Our worst nightmare at DaU. All of the sudden, parents want their kid in south Florida instead of FSU or UF. He will clean their clocks, especially if he goes in with a list of "I will coach you if you promise these program/facilities improvements"

Anyone saying Miami is a dead end job or similar is a moron. Miami is an excellent school. Miami is a wonderful city. Sure, there are bad parts of Miami....as there are in Atlanta, Chicago, New York, L.A., and any other major city. Miami is an international city. Fun city. Great place to spend your winter if you are a recruit from almost anywhere in the country. Tallahassee is a ööööhole. Gainesville is a ööööhole. Richt will clean house in Miami and we will be in trouble.

Miami fans want "daU" days back. How will richt's holier-than-thou persona mix with thugU?

Mullen? GTFO. Mediocre coach

Richt? Our worst nightmare at DaU. All of the sudden, parents want their kid in south Florida instead of FSU or UF. He will clean their clocks, especially if he goes in with a list of "I will coach you if you promise these program/facilities improvements"

Anyone saying Miami is a dead end job or similar is a moron. Miami is an excellent school. Miami is a wonderful city. Sure, there are bad parts of Miami....as there are in Atlanta, Chicago, New York, L.A., and any other major city. Miami is an international city. Fun city. Great place to spend your winter if you are a recruit from almost anywhere in the country. Tallahassee is a ööööhole. Gainesville is a ööööhole. Richt will clean house in Miami and we will be in trouble.

Miami is not a dead end, but as I've said repeatedly and as you alluded to in your post, they are in dire need of someone like Richt who not only has the coaching ability, but the ability and will to create a new culture and bring the program (facilities, etc) into the 21st century. I don't want Richt anywhere near that program.

I don't know what the guts of the Mississippi State program looked like before Mullen but he's demonstrated the ability to create a culture that expects to win and while I obviously wouldn't call him "great" with X's and O's, I think "mediocre" is unfair. He deserves a lot of credit for the job he did with what he inherited from Croom.

A Butch Davis hire would basically be the exact opposite of what I described above with regards to Richt. It would be Miami still clinging to the edifice of a decadent past and for all the good it will do them, they may as well petition the NCAA to award Michael Irvin and Warren Sapp four more years of eligibility.

Wherever Richt goes, I hope he takes Eason with him and proceeds to win a national title with him. There would be hemorrhagic butthurt all across this state.

Wherever Richt goes, I hope he takes Eason with him and proceeds to win a national title with him. There would be hemorrhagic butthurt all across this state.

Yeah...umm...about that. If he goes to Miami, you realize that means he plays us every year and would have to go through us to win the NC, right?

I could deal with that if he went to a South Carolina or a newly vacant Mississippi State, but I could not stomach Richt leading Miami to a national title. I couldn't stomach anyone leading Miami to a national title. If that ever happens, their fans should be banned from Bobby Dodd Stadium or at least section 222. For their protection.

Even if Miami I would be ok with it. There would be far less Georgia fans due to multiple acts of self immolation if Richt gets a natty with the QB they think is the second coming of Christ.

Even if Miami I would be ok with it. There would be far less Georgia fans due to multiple acts of self immolation if Richt gets a natty with the QB they think is the second coming of Christ.

Look, few things excite me more than the prospect of Georgia fans across the state lighting themselves aflame, but there are limits to what I'll endure as a Tech fan to see that happen. Miami - our divisional rival whose fans are only surpassed by Georgia in being insufferable - winning a national championship? That's way, way over that line.

I love seeing these idiot local stations get pwned.

This makes the second time this week that some lazy, worthless reporter has reported something blatantly false which they got from a source online which anyone with a shred of sense would know is a hoax.

You're right on the money. Miami will own GT if Richt is there. Even more than he owned us at UGA, if that's possible.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And the other was a local guy in Houston reporting that Tom Herman to Georgia was a done deal. He got that information from a fake Twitter account called UGAInsider which had fewer followers than I do.

And.... the local stations reporting on JJ decommitting while only having one side of the story.

Dan Mullen took the worst team in the SEC West and made them a #1 team in the nation in the middle of the season. Mark Richt never did that at Georgia. Before hiring Dan Mullen MSU went 21-42, after Mullen they went 53-33 in a division with Les Miles and Nick Saban. To say Mullen is not a good coach is insulting. The only reason Mullen wouldn't be a good fit for Miami is Jos buyout on his new contract that goes to 2018.

You're right on the money. Miami will own GT if Richt is there. Even more than he owned us at UGA, if that's possible.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You are quite literally the biggest ööööö known to man

Back