RIP WSU football coaches

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what I was thinking. Does his contact state he must obtain the COVID "vaccine", using the term loosely here. There is some vague language that the previous poster linked, but will that be sufficient for a jury or judge?
for a state of washington judge or jury .. probably so.

Can a moderator please set up a separate thread or forum here for the politics dorks to all argue with each other? TIA!

It's in his contract to adhere to school policies. The school is well within its rights to require vaccinations for both employees and students, the case law has been settled on this for over 100 years. Any employer can require vaccination.

Just like a restaurant is well within its rights to require proof of vaccination to dine there. Just like it's entirely legal to require ID (or papers if you want to be hysterical about it) to purchase alcohol.

In the contracts I've dealt with when referring to something like "school policies", they are usually defined by a specific set of school policies with a specific date. I haven't read his contract obviously; but if his lawyer left the barn door open to ever changing school policies that is a huge error. That would be one reason why coach would wait to be fired instead of just quitting, let the court determine if the school is in breech of the contract.

An employer can require vaccination; but most employees don't have the type of contract a P5 coach typically does. This is the sort of thing where you significantly change the rules of employment in the middle of someone's career that drives people into unions. Typically when I have seen this sort of thing done the current employees are grandfathered under the old rules and new hires have to meet the new requirement.

How is requiring papers being hysterical? That is exactly what we are doing is it not? It is not the restaurant requiring the proof of vaccination, the government is. Does the restaurant have the right to NOT require vaccination? Apparently not.

I have never ever had to show a vaccine card to my employer until now. I have never had to check the vaccine status of my employees until now. I have never had to show a vaccine card to eat on a restaurant until now. "Show me your papers" is something we used to mock growing up. I am not even sure I have proof of my childhood vaccinations at home. Congratulations on turning something most people do for their own health into a political football.

Have you ever lived during a global pandemic until now? Just cause it's something you've never had to do before doesn't mean it's crazy or immoral when there previously had never been any reason to do it before.

Edit: This isn't to be an argument that your entire stance is wrong, just that this particular argument is a poor one.

That is state law, not an employer's right.

It is a state law, in every state, which is part of the point I'm making. States have the right to enact this sort of regulation. Employers also have the right to implement this sort of requirement. Private establishments also have the right to require "papers". Or ID, if we're not trying provide a bad-faith connotation with fascism. There is no level of vaccine mandate currently in place that is, in any way, unprecedented.

At best, the coach’s refusal to vax was a selfish, Narcissistic act by a self absorbed, selfish, Narcissistic man. If you don’t vax for yourself, vax for others! This is not political, it’s a public health issue.

WSC is better off rid of this malefactor and his cohorts. He seems better suited to a career in municipal trash disposal or retail fast food service.

In the contracts I've dealt with when referring to something like "school policies", they are usually defined by a specific set of school policies with a specific date. I haven't read his contract obviously; but if his lawyer left the barn door open to ever changing school policies that is a huge error. That would be one reason why coach would wait to be fired instead of just quitting, let the court determine if the school is in breech of the contract.

An employer can require vaccination; but most employees don't have the type of contract a P5 coach typically does. This is the sort of thing where you significantly change the rules of employment in the middle of someone's career that drives people into unions. Typically when I have seen this sort of thing done the current employees are grandfathered under the old rules and new hires have to meet the new requirement.

You don't think vaccine requirements were included in those school policies? I suppose it's possible, but unlikely. I doubt any court is going to find that adding a single approved vaccine to the list of vaccines already required on school campuses is "significantly changing the rules of employment".

How is requiring papers being hysterical? That is exactly what we are doing is it not? It is not the restaurant requiring the proof of vaccination, the government is.

It's a bad-faith attempt to tie a vaccine mandate to fascism, when there's really no comparison. There are already countless examples of state laws requiring identification to enter certain establishments.

Does the restaurant have the right to NOT require vaccination? Apparently not.

Not if it's a state or local law, no. Again, it's not particularly different from other health mandates.

Have you ever lived during a global pandemic until now? Just cause it's something you've never had to do before doesn't mean it's crazy or immoral when there previously had never been any reason to do it before.

Edit: This isn't to be an argument that your entire stance is wrong, just that this particular argument is a poor one.

I may have lived through several other pandemics where the death rate was >1%; I am really not sure. HIV/AIDS was/is a global pandemic and I lived through that one (or is it still ongoing?). Interesting to note that people with HIV/AIDS are protected by the ADA; so be careful firing them or refusing them service in a restaurant pandemic or no pandemic.

Questions and Answers: The Americans with Disabilities Act and Persons with HIV/AIDS (ada.gov)
The Global HIV/AIDS Pandemic, 2006 (cdc.gov)

An individual has a “disability” under the ADA if he or she has a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more major life activities, including major bodily functions such as the functions of the immune system; has a record of such an impairment; or has an actual or perceived mental or physical impairment that is not transitory and minor and is subjected to an action prohibited under the ADA. Persons with HIV, both symptomatic and asymptomatic, have physical impairments that substantially limit one or more major life activities or major bodily functions and are, therefore, protected by the law.

Isn't the vaccine all about the immune system? If someone with HIV/AIDS is covered by the ADA due to their immune system function; shouldn't someone who is unvaccinated be covered by the ADA due to their immune system function as well? Interesting reading on the site regarding what employers can and cannot do regarding health issues. Should make for some interesting court cases since there are no federal laws that I am aware of with the vaccine mandate.

You don't think vaccine requirements were included in those school policies? I suppose it's possible, but unlikely. I doubt any court is going to find that adding a single approved vaccine to the list of vaccines already required on school campuses is "significantly changing the rules of employment".

It's a bad-faith attempt to tie a vaccine mandate to fascism, when there's really no comparison. There are already countless examples of state laws requiring identification to enter certain establishments.

Not if it's a state or local law, no. Again, it's not particularly different from other health mandates.

If they are firing multiple people, how can that not be a significant changing of the rules of employment?

I can't think of very many public places I go where I have to flash an ID. Are you going to a lot of strip clubs?

I may have lived through several other pandemics where the death rate was >1%; I am really not sure. HIV/AIDS was/is a global pandemic and I lived through that one (or is it still ongoing?). Interesting to note that people with HIV/AIDS are protected by the ADA; so be careful firing them or refusing them service in a restaurant pandemic or no pandemic.

Questions and Answers: The Americans with Disabilities Act and Persons with HIV/AIDS (ada.gov)
The Global HIV/AIDS Pandemic, 2006 (cdc.gov)

Isn't the vaccine all about the immune system? If someone with HIV/AIDS is covered by the ADA due to their immune system function; shouldn't someone who is unvaccinated be covered by the ADA due to their immune system function as well? Interesting reading on the site regarding what employers can and cannot do regarding health issues. Should make for some interesting court cases since there are no federal laws that I am aware of with the vaccine mandate.
HIV/AIDS isn't an airborne virus and so easily transmissible, the only way to transmit is thru sharing drug needles, or sex, or blood from an infected person getting in an open wound on you, that ability to transmit HIV/AIDS is lot different than an airborne pathogen like CV19

I started this thread just to shed some light on what was going on at WSU. My grandfather went their so I have some passing interest in WSU. People are starting to get up in their feels about the "vaccine", one wishing death on the unvaccinated coach. I'm all for freedom to make your own decision if you want to take the "vaccine" or not. It has nothing to do with politics. There are choices that people make that I personally feel is wrong but it is their choice and I would never wish death upon them, because I'm not an a-hole.

If they are firing multiple people, how can that not be a significant changing of the rules of employment?

It's all the same rule. It's one additional vaccine beyond the vaccines they're already required to have.

I can't think of very many public places I go where I have to flash an ID. Are you going to a lot of strip clubs?

I don't want your mom having to go on welfare.

It's all the same rule. It's one additional vaccine beyond the vaccines they're already required to have.

Wrong. No one requires you to get every vaccine available, they are typically listed out. You change the list, you have changed the policy.

There sure is a lot of politics being talked about in this football thread. I approve. I also respect the coaches for having conviction. Sadly lacking in society today. Too many bed wetting sheeple beta males.

It’s been a long time since Tech was a national power…It’s been about as long since the majority of American men had any real toughness.

At best, the coach’s refusal to vax was a selfish, Narcissistic act by a self absorbed, selfish, Narcissistic man. If you don’t vax for yourself, vax for others! This is not political, it’s a public health issue.

WSC is better off rid of this malefactor and his cohorts. He seems better suited to a career in municipal trash disposal or retail fast food service.
Kill the unvaccinated slime!

The “vax” doesn’t stop the “vaxed” from spreading Covid. Natural Immunity has been obtained by millions. There is no good rationale for mandating them to get a “vax.” But authoritarians despise any who don’t get in the line they dictate for them.

I don't want your mom having to go on welfare.
So personal experience grants you empathy?. At least something positive came from that.

The “vax” doesn’t stop the “vaxed” from spreading Covid. Natural Immunity has been obtained by millions. There is no good rationale for mandating them to get a “vax.” But authoritarians despise any who don’t get in the line they dictate for them.
The vax reduces serious illness from CV19 that overwhelms our Healthcare Systems, therefore saving lives, it is the best solution we have thus far to deal with this pandemic, many other places in the World would love to have our "1st World Problems" of too many vaccines and not enough people that want them.

Almost 700K Dead , I find it amazing that people would argue against a vaccine and Social distancing with that many dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back