Roll Tide

Huh? Cinci will have a Top 5 win when the next polls come out. UGA will be 0-1 against Top 20.
UGA has played Top 20 teams this season. At least they were Top 20 when they played them. Clemson, Kentucky, Arkansas, Auburn.

Assuming Michigan wins, then Bama, Cincy & Michigan are locks.

So you have 1 loss UGA that lost in their championship game, 1 loss ND with no conference championship and a departed head coach and a 2 loss Baylor that won their conference.

I think all 2 loss teams are out. So you are picking between 2 teams who lost to one of the top 3. And one of those has an interim head coach.

If they aren’t top 20 at the end of the season, then they aren’t top 20.

I don't know why they play the season at all. They should just take #1-4 in the preseason poll and do the playoff in September.

FlairSaban1.jpg

That’s stupid. You take the ranking at the time you played them.

We didn’t beat #23 UVA in ‘90. We beat #1.
If the argument is that uga played then-top 20 teams, I could deal. This is saying they beat 4 top 20 teams, which they decidedly are not. Just because they were overrated and you played them early shouldn’t make it a better win.

That’s stupid. You take the ranking at the time you played them.

We didn’t beat #23 UVA in ‘90. We beat #1.

Eh, I think you have to evaluate the wins on a case-by-case basis. If a team was clearly not worthy of their lofty preseason ranking and you beat them 10-3 in week 1, that should not be regarded as an impressive win.

It would be different if it was something like Clemson went on a roll after that, lost their QB, then started struggling. But as it stands, they simply weren't a top tier team this year. It wasn't like they fell apart midseason or something.

Back