Rumor: Texas to offer $10 Million/year to Saban

Watched Mack Brown interview after loss to Baylor.

He's absolutely DONE at Texas.

Announcement will come BEFORE their bowl.

And, YES, Saban will be new HC at Texas next year

G-U-A-R-A-N-T-E-E-D !!

What's you guarantee ?

Saban did a decent job trying out as an ESPN analyst on Saturday, but not as an applicant to the head coaching job at Texas.

Corso even called him an Analyst - take that for what worth it carries.

The "Alamo" Bowl for Mack Brown. A symbolic and fitting end.

How much does Pollack get paid a year to look like he's auditioning for the Philadelphia musical? I'm sure those guys get paid pretty well. Saban would make a great replacement for Corso in a few years. Just sayin'

I don't understand why Texas fans want Mack Brown out. He was the Baylor game away from winning a competitive Big 12, and still beat Oklahoma in what would be considered a down year (only BC of losses to BYU and Ole Miss (who are good teams) with bad QB play)

I don't understand why Texas fans want Mack Brown out. He was the Baylor game away from winning a competitive Big 12, and still beat Oklahoma in what would be considered a down year (only BC of losses to BYU and Ole Miss (who are good teams) with bad QB play)

Because Texas is mediocre and would have had to backwardsass into being B12 champion. Texas should rule that league.

They weren't a very good team. Should have lost to my Clones :lol:

Rumor has it that the fans of some college football teams have unrealistic expectations. Not that we would know anything about that.

Rumor has it that the fans of some college football teams have unrealistic expectations. Not that we would know anything about that.

There is a huge difference in what should be expected at Texas vs. what should be expected at GT. Texas should win 10 minimum every single year. They have won 9 so far this year, but won 8 the prior year and 5 the year before that. Texas should never, ever be that uncompetitive with Baylor. Maybe a loss every 5 years or so, but never blown out. They pretty much were handed their ass in 4 losses this year and had to squeak out a win at Iowa State.

since he did not specify otherwise, i think the standard StingTalk Guarantee applies here

so, if Nick Saban is not the head football coach of Texas in the fall of 2014 3GT will either drink his own piss at the tailgate or he will never post on StingTalk again

guarantee - thats what it means

I give Mack Brown credit for being able to recruit kids to come to Austin friggin Texas....I mean that takes skill and effort.

Money + Recruiting base + Facilities + Academic Standards = 10 +/- 1 wins for Texas every season.

I give Mack Brown credit for being able to recruit kids to come to Austin friggin Texas....I mean that takes skill and effort.

Best facilities in all of college football. Most money in all of college football.

How are kids attracted to South Carolina is what gets me. That place is a ööööhole of a stadium in a ööööhole location.

Best facilities in all of college football. Most money in all of college football.

How are kids attracted to South Carolina is what gets me. That place is a ööööhole of a stadium in a ööööhole location.

Same with Clemson, hell all of South Carolina is a ööööhole besides Hilton Head and Charleston.

Same with Clemson, hell all of South Carolina is a ööööhole besides Hilton Head and Charleston.

no clemson at least looks nice. its next to a cool lake and has mountains near it. columbia is just a complete öööö hole.

with a coach that won a Heisman and several natl championships

no clemson at least looks nice. its next to a cool lake and has mountains near it. columbia is just a complete öööö hole.

This. Clemson is impressive. Nice stadium. Lake. Mountains. South Carolina's stadium is a rat trap in a flea market.

Back