Rumor: Texas to offer $10 Million/year to Saban

The stupidest thing is losing the Auburn game would actually help Alabama's chances at getting into the title game. History has shown that the hype machine puts them in the game in place of more qualified teams with the same number of losses, even if they didn't play in their championship. There should be a rule that if you have the same record as a team from another BCS conference who won or played in their championship, they should get the national championship berth over someone who didn't even make the championship.

See 2011. Alabama lost to LSU in the regular season, didn't even make the SEC championship, yet people decided giving 11-1 conference loser Alabama a rematch against the same ööööing team made more sense than giving 12-1 conference champion Oklahoma State a single shot. It completely proves my point. Alabama's championships are mostly the result of HYPE and people's BIAS. They have what, 3 championships under Saban? If you look they were gifted the championship game appearance 2 of those times. The hype is so out of control it has Tech fans who are normally immune to SEC bias believing Alabama is the unbeatable god of football.

Last edited:
The stupidest thing is losing the Auburn game would actually help Alabama's chances at getting into the title game. History has shown that the hype machine puts them in the game in place of more qualified teams with the same number of losses, even if they didn't play in their championship. There should be a rule that if you have the same record as a team from another BCS conference who won or played in their championship, they should get the national championship berth over someone who didn't even make the championship.

See 2011. Alabama lost to LSU in the regular season, didn't even make the SEC championship, yet people decided giving 11-1 conference loser Alabama a rematch against the same ööööing team made more sense than giving 12-1 conference champion Oklahoma State a single shot. It completely proves my point. Alabama's championships are mostly the result of HYPE and people's BIAS. They have what, 3 championships under Saban? If you look they were gifted the championship game appearance 2 of those times. The hype is so out of control it has Tech fans who are normally immune to SEC bias believing Alabama is the unbeatable god of football.
Bama is going to dominate you all again this Saturday.

Stopped reading after this.

Alabama is not unbeatable, but you better pack an all day lunch. They generally don't make a lot of turnovers and their defense is stout. Their offense may not be splashy, but they get the ball back a lot and pretty soon they are running through bigger and bigger holes.

Most Bama fans cant believe Aubie (Cam in this case) came back from 24 point deficit in 2010. Actually I cant either as they were trouncing Aubie in the first half.

The mutts were lucky to get enough breaks to be in the SEC Chumpionship game last year.

The mutts were lucky to get enough breaks to be in the SEC Chumpionship game last year.

The mutts were 5 yards away from winning the national championship of the world last year. Just ask a mutt, they will tell you a sad, sad story about it.

The mutts were 5 yards away from winning the national championship of the world last year. Just ask a mutt, they will tell you a sad, sad story about it.

I heard they were on the goaline facing a 15-man front.

Moar:

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/11/terry-saban-were-not-going-anywhere/

Families, coaches and people all over sports lie all the time though right? But according to the Journal, it’s Terry Saban who scouts out homes in advance and even tipped off Michigan State trustees when her husband decided to leave there in 1999 by heading out to LSU to look at houses. When MSU administrators including Joel Ferguson went to speak to Saban after hearing rumors he was leaving, they knew something was wrong when Terry wasn’t home.

Chris Black, an Alabama wide receiver, said Saban often jokes that Terry makes all of the important decisions. “She kind of wears the pants,” Black said.

There's another story with multiple sources indicating that Terry was looking at houses in Austin:

http://www.burntorangenation.com/2013/10/23/4987356/the-nick-saban-to-texas-rumors-are-strengthening

The stupidest thing is that you just said that.

OK, let's see what happens IF Alabama loses to Auburn.

OK, let's see what happens IF Alabama loses to Auburn.

I'll tell you what would happen, they would need two of FSU, OSU, and Auburn to lose on championship weekend (assuming voters would put a one-loss Bama in over the other one loss teams, which is realistic, though not guaranteed.) Whereas if they win, they would just need to win in the SEC title game to get in.

So in order for you to think that losing increases their shot at getting into the title game, you'd need to think that it is more likely that two of those three teams lose than it is that Alabama would beat whomever they play in the SEC title game.

The collective record of the four teams currently sits at 43-1. Do you really think it's more likely that two of Auburn, FSU, and OSU lose in their championship games than it is for Alabama to win theirs?

I don't think the computers or voters would approve of another all-SEC MNC game. They'd need Auburn to lose (very possible) and OSU or FSU to lose (neither is happening).

Texas can spend what they want. Once the initial investment in the Texas network is paid off Texas gets ALL of the revenue.

I'll tell you what would happen, they would need two of FSU, OSU, and Auburn to lose on championship weekend (assuming voters would put a one-loss Bama in over the other one loss teams, which is realistic, though not guaranteed.) Whereas if they win, they would just need to win in the SEC title game to get in.

So in order for you to think that losing increases their shot at getting into the title game, you'd need to think that it is more likely that two of those three teams lose than it is that Alabama would beat whomever they play in the SEC title game.

The collective record of the four teams currently sits at 43-1. Do you really think it's more likely that two of Auburn, FSU, and OSU lose in their championship games than it is for Alabama to win theirs?

The media is already trying to make sure that the sec has a team in the mnc game if Bama loses either the iron bowl or sec title game. Pat Forde thinks a one loss sec team should play FSU instead of an undefeated osu. For it to be Bama, it would require the stars to align, but the media is already trying to do that.

The media is already trying to make sure that the sec has a team in the mnc game if Bama loses either the iron bowl or sec title game. Pat Forde thinks a one loss sec team should play FSU instead of an undefeated osu. For it to be Bama, it would require the stars to align, but the media is already trying to do that.

I agree, it's possible for Bama to be in it after losing to Auburn but it would require the stars to align. It wouldn't require the stars to align for Bama to win the SEC title game after beating Auburn.

Therefore, the statement that Bama's title hopes increase by losing the Auburn game is nonsense.

I guess the argument is this- lose this week and back into mnc game. Win this week and you have to win again for mnc game. I doubt sec game loser would have a chance at going.

I don't necessarily agree, I'm trying to articulate Zulus premise.

I guess the argument is this- lose this week and back into mnc game. Win this week and you have to win again for mnc game. I doubt sec game loser would have a chance at going.

I don't necessarily agree, I'm trying to articulate Zulus premise.
Don't try. Zulu is batty. The MNC order is this: Bama, Free Shoes, tOSU, ??? (probably Auburn). Lose a game, thanks for playing, go to the end of the line. There's no way an undefeated tOSU corched by Irvin Meyers will get bumped by a one-loss SEC team.

Win more championships than any other coach in history, perhaps?

I'd say the streak is even more important than the total number. Assuming they win this year, I can't see him walking away in the midst of a championship streak at just the time when everyone would agree he has started a true dynasty (three in a row, four out of five.)

Now is the time when this rumor will really start heating up.

Bags are being packed as we speak.

Back