Rumor

It's easy on the outside not knowing how unreasonable the candidates are being WRT contracts, but why if you can't get Chadwell or Deion why think wholesale change from Key is necessary?

This is basically my perspective as well. If the appealing outsider candidates aren't interested or have asking prices we can't reasonably meet, Key would be a better route than reaching for a third-tier candidate no one wants.

Guess who I just met secretly arriving in Atlanta...

FWIiHB2XoAYu-Oo.jpg

Guess who I just met secretly arriving in Atlanta...

FWIiHB2XoAYu-Oo.jpg
Haha Im positive this has nothing to with GT but the immediate upchuck from all of GT would flood all of Atlanta if he was named HC

He hasnt done anything of note as a HC really since his Auburn days I think he lives in Georgia

Main rumor on the situation that I'm seeing is that we'd need booster money to hire a big name coach, but the only coach a lot of the boosters want is the one we wouldn't need them for.

I have a crack theory on it. It's based on the rumors of booster insistence on Key and the even more tenuous rumor that Chadwell pulled his name out after they got too involved in the process. So Chadwell is out and it would seem logical to turn back to Key, but this is the coach all the boosters were insisting on and now Batt doesn't want to seem like he is hiring him because the booster told him to, so he is looking at a different coach.
1669567141746.gif

I heard a rumor that J may be delegating the decision making to his brother Ding.
That designation is being reserved for those that rely on the ever changing ST rumors that change with the wind. It’s deja vu without the ‘juice’.

Fritz feels like a Brian Gregory type move. A good coach with no ties to the area, and never having coached at the highest level. Will struggle to garner Fan support or recruit locally. Not that great at his previous stop, so we elevate him to a better job and hope for the best.

maybe we want an old coach that will retire in a few years so we dodge a buyout.

It takes an act of God to win at Tulane but if context doesn't matter, then yes we should just keep Key

Hopefully all this is the usual misdirection-before-the-real-hire nonsense. If not, Cabrera had better let Batt know that he wasn’t messing around about school support and expectations - so pick the right HC no matter what our “boosters” have to say. They have been öööö for brains before, several times. Winning solves all.

“Boosters are making a big push for Key over Chadwell.”
Stingtalk: Boosters shouldn’t interfere. J Batt should make his own hire!

“It looks like J Batt may be hiring Fritz.”
Stingtalk: Boosters should put their foot down and not let him do that!

Back