Rumor

Sounds to me they are the ones making the stupid decisions in the first place. Also sounds like they are real crappy fans. "GT is only allowed to be successful if it is the way I want it to be successful"? Also doubling back in it, grown weary of tossing millions? We've fired one football coach in the past decade and a half, what other millions did they lose?!
And a P.S.: If they really believe that "donating" money should give them a true say in the process, they should get it in writing and do it in an official capacity and in the open like the people whose jobs will depend on this outcome.

This whole story about big money boosters interfering is bullshit until someone can demonstrate otherwise. And so is the idea that Batt is constantly mentioning to people which candidate he favors as he mulls it over another day.

You have to go back to the 90s when Tulane won 10 games. Before that, it was the 30s.

Dipshit took over a back to back 10 win program at Temple, before he dismantled it.

Tulane is like Emory trying to play football.
They played us pretty tough in 2014, an all time great team year. It was tight until 4th Q

He was 10-2 this year, right? Who cares what he did while he was rebuilding the program? He rebuilt it. That's the point.
What was Bill Lewis‘s record at ECU the year before we hired him again?

Sounds to me they are the ones making the stupid decisions in the first place. Also sounds like they are real crappy fans. "GT is only allowed to be successful if it is the way I want it to be successful"? Also doubling back in it, grown weary of tossing millions? We've fired one football coach in the past decade and a half, what other millions did they lose?!
Crappy fans tossing millions into the program. We should have so many crappy fans.

But he didn’t win at Tulane. He went 41-45.

He might be .500 if it wasn't for Chip Long. That one year with Chip was quite literally the worst of his entire career.

Both Tulane and GT left the SEC within a few years of each other. Since then, Tulane has only had 16 winning seasons, 30 if you include their entire FBS membership which dates back to 1933. 30 winning seasons in nearly 100 years is pretty bad. Tommy Bowden is quite literally the only person in Tulane's FBS history that had a winning record, but he was only there 2 years.

I've already mentioned that Fritz isn't a sexy hire and not someone who will put folks in the seats immediately. I would prefer Chadwell. On the other hand, people can be Team Key, I understand that and that's their right. I'm only saying I find it hard to believe that context doesn't matter, yet a 4-4 Key that beat ranked teams and lost to bottom dwellers in spectacular fashion gets a look yet it is Fritz that is trash by comparison.

A 63 year old with career record of 41-45 in the AAC. What a terrible, terrible hire.
In year 7. If he had a losing record, but this kinda year in 3 or 4, it would be different. I think that would show that he is a program builder in a hurry. He feels very Bill Lewis. Would prefer not to gamble on a 62 year old as a first time P5 coach on the back of one good season (even at a place it is hard to win at).

As the old saying goes "The sun shines on a dog's ass every once in a while." Hard pass on Willie Fritz.

He might be .500 if it wasn't for Chip Long. That one year with Chip was quite literally the worst of his entire career.

Both Tulane and GT left the SEC within a few years of each other. Since then, Tulane has only had 16 winning seasons, 30 if you include their entire FBS membership which dates back to 1933. 30 winning seasons in nearly 100 years is pretty bad. Tommy Bowden is quite literally the only person in Tulane's FBS history that had a winning record, but he was only there 2 years.

I've already mentioned that Fritz isn't a sexy hire and not someone who will put folks in the seats immediately. I would prefer Chadwell. On the other hand, people can be Team Key, I understand that and that's their right. I'm only saying I find it hard to believe that context doesn't matter, yet a 4-4 Key that beat ranked teams and lost to bottom dwellers in spectacular fashion gets a look yet it is Fritz that is trash by comparison.
I can’t imagine being a good high school football player and wanting to go play for that guy.

Back