Rumor

Fritz feels like a Brian Gregory type move. A good coach with no ties to the area, and never having coached at the highest level. Will struggle to garner Fan support or recruit locally. Not that great at his previous stop, so we elevate him to a better job and hope for the best.

maybe we want an old coach that will retire in a few years so we dodge a buyout.

Hopefully all this is the usual misdirection-before-the-real-hire nonsense. If not, Cabrera had better let Batt know that he wasn’t messing around about school support and expectations - so pick the right HC no matter what our “boosters” have to say. They have been öööö for brains before, several times. Winning solves all.

And if we can't afford the right HC when the boosters hold all their money back cause they didn't get their way? It's more Cabrera and Batt both have to convince them to stop being stupid children.

And if we can't afford the right HC when the boosters hold all their money back cause they didn't get their way? It's more Cabrera and Batt both have to convince them to stop being stupid children.
1. It’s their millions on the line.
2. They have grown weary of tossing their millions at stupid decisions.
3. Money talks
4. College football is now all about the money
5. College football and this whole process now stink pretty badly.

It has to be Chadwell, or stay with Key. Tech can't afford to screw this hire up!
We hired Batt to bring in enough money so that we can afford to screw this up.

I think the image painted by fans, of the college football coach hiring process, is pretty hilarious. Like something out of a movie. Deep in the corridors of Tech athletics, people are meeting in dim corners, whispering a name and walking away. Today that name is Fritz, or at least sounds like Fritz.

ITS GOT ööööING LEGS

He was 10-2 this year, right? Who cares what he did while he was rebuilding the program? He rebuilt it. That's the point.

In year 7. If he had a losing record, but this kinda year in 3 or 4, it would be different. I think that would show that he is a program builder in a hurry. He feels very Bill Lewis. Would prefer not to gamble on a 62 year old as a first time P5 coach on the back of one good season (even at a place it is hard to win at).

“Boosters are making a big push for Key over Chadwell.”
Stingtalk: Boosters shouldn’t interfere. J Batt should make his own hire!

“It looks like J Batt may be hiring Fritz.”
Stingtalk: Boosters should put their foot down and not let him do that!
You guys just gonna take this öööö?

1. It’s their millions on the line.
2. They have grown weary of tossing their millions at stupid decisions.
3. Money talks
4. College football is now all about the money
5. College football and this whole process now stink pretty badly.
Sounds to me they are the ones making the stupid decisions in the first place. Also sounds like they are real crappy fans. "GT is only allowed to be successful if it is the way I want it to be successful"? Also doubling back in it, grown weary of tossing millions? We've fired one football coach in the past decade and a half, what other millions did they lose?!

Back