Rumors

On the whole, we’ve gotten what we’ve paid for in our coaching. Regardless of whether it’s their teaching or player execution I’m interested in the budget Collins is given and what he can muster with new coordinators and one fewer class of upperslawmen

Brent Key will jump ship, in my opinion. I don’t think we are losing that much. If he was “great”, Sa(t)an could have easily paid him to stay. I could be wrong, but he already came close once.
Key might take a HC job at a smaller ball school or a pro staff job.

If history repeats- we could be looking at a GOL scenario where he came in as DC but knew he was to be the future HC post BL. I could see something like that happening again.

After the way our OLine has played the only way for CBK to get another job is to throw everyone else at GT under the bus, he basically has to say, "judge me based on my Bama work, and not based on my GT work, cause the Players weren't good enough"

No way can CBK get another job anywhere based on how our OLine played, I wouldn't hire CBK to Coach Class-AA HS ball in GA.

Why would Key resign? One of those you’re fired no I quit type deals?

He almost left last year and I could see him jumping if he thinks his reputation would take a hit by staying. I do believe he will owe us some $ if he makes a lateral move.

I wonder if Brent Venables will ever leave Clemson
With the resources and Pay that Clemson has at their disposal, why would he, Clemson will always have the ability to keep him among the Top3 in Pay Nationwide at his position, I'm guessing he's at $2.5 million per year with a 3yr rollover deal.

Where would he go to get a better deal?

He almost left last year and I could see him jumping if he thinks his reputation would take a hit by staying. I do believe he will owe us some $ if he makes a lateral move.
if he resigns or leaves he forgoes next years salary as he is leaving his contract. He won't owe anything and nor will we

bring back joe d'allissandris...oh wait...our OL coach that got beat up is the OL coach for the ravens. Damn...he was a good one.

With the resources and Pay that Clemson has at their disposal, why would he, Clemson will always have the ability to keep him among the Top3 in Pay Nationwide at his position, I'm guessing he's at $2.5 million per year with a 3yr rollover deal.

Where would he go to get a better deal?
Most successful assistants want the chance to behead coaches and get their name in the record books.

Ok that was a typo but I left it in there bc it was funny.

Saw someone suggest Chip Lindsey for OC on another board and I like it if we could pull it off.

Maybe he has a better or at least longer term deal waiting on him. I continue to be puzzled by his performance here.
I wonder about that as well. Our O line didn’t seem to know assignments along with indisciplined play. Was there some tension between him and PNope?

regardless of what others think, CBK is respected in coaching circles and Saban absolutely tried to keep him. I would think a return to Bama in some form would be on the table for him if he wanted it.

Still no excuse for the terrible OL play on the flats. It would be interesting to understand the coaching staff’s responsibilities. Who is in charge for developing blocking schemes, techniques, practice organization, positioning players, recruiting priorities, etc? Is it a hot mess behind the scenes as it looks on the field?

Back