Rumors

Indiana HC taking a pay cut and firing the OC. Maybe this is the blueprint for what we will see with us shortly.

Makes 25% more than our guy even with the pay cut.

GT folks gotta realize how little we are paying (and what little we are getting). We are a joke. Yeah so are our staff’s results, but those are correlated.

Art Briles probably wants a place to rehab his image and get back in the game. Go get him.
bell-ringer-jack-off-o.gif

GT folks gotta realize how little we are paying (and what little we are getting). We are a joke. Yeah so are our staff’s results, but those are correlated.

Yeah I wasn't aware of Allen's salary. I agree with you

I don't think Satan is going to fire him. And if not, why would he leave Bama to come here for the same position?

He's going to get a HC gig somewhere. If not this year, then the next.

I would love to have him come back here as HC. He is a professional football coach. He inherited two programs in PSU and Houston that had become different kinds of messes and he won in both places. The Texans were fools for firing him for the poor start in Covid-2020.

But we do not have an opening at HC, so that does not appear to be in the cards.
The Texans should have fired him the year prior. He destroyed that franchise. The are paying for his mistakes now.

I kind of wanted to say to post this info in all these coaching threads to get it through heads, but I guess it's not as a nuts a comparison cause Indiana coach contract is evidently really impressive. Top 20 salary and includes a provision to add a year to the contract every time they make a bowl.

Does still go to show a part of what we're competing with where Big10 mediocre and below teams are outspending us by a fair bit, but in this particular case it's likely more about differences in conference monies.

It is not a top 20 contract. #20 is $5mm

Checked the article I found again, it was using some weird metric I suppose.
All good. I agree, it’s important that our fans get it. We are so far from top 20.

I don't disagree with you at all; but I'm willing to put up with his poor game management for 1-2 more years for $10M+ if that is what it takes.
Wow. You enjoy wasting money?
You would be better writing a check somewhere it’s put to use

At least we weren't humiliated with "ITSSSSS MO EY DOWN!!!"

Apparently, those of influence for that quashed.

We have discussed coaching changes as nauseam. Here are a few of my non coaching/culture changes I'd like to see going forward.

1) absolutely, 100%, get rid of the artificial turf. Looks like crap. Hell, the reflection from it was unbearable in the north stands. Awful.
Here is November 16, 2014 vs yesterday, for reference.

FB_IMG_1638112103207.jpg

IMG_20211127_104230~2.jpg

2) bring back Buzz. WTF? Why are we no longer introducing our beloved mascot. Why is he no longer doing pushups after our scores? I did not see Buzz do one single pushup yesterday

3) concessions were a ööööshow. How does a school which claims to have the best I.E. program in the country be totally incapable of having decent concessions service? Need to bring in MB Stadium staff to study the issue? KSU I.E.'s? Damn, you'd think some enterprising I.E. student would take on our totally failed concessions as a class project.
I would also add that they need to do something about getting into the stadium. In all my 59 years of attending Tech games, even with the sellouts we had in the past, I never had to wait in lines as long as yesterday to get into the stadium

Yet we are paying this coach over 30% more than we paid the last coach. And for 7 years. What a stupid contract the AD negotiated.

Yet we are paying this coach over 30% more than we paid the last coach. And for 7 years. What a stupid contract the AD negotiated.
Obviously CGC is overpaid because he sucks and can't win games. He shouldn't be 80k-ing.

That said, I'm not sure why people think the amount he's paid was obviously too high when the contract was signed? I haven't seen any analysis showing the amount his peers were paid, or demonstrating that TStan should've known *in advance* that he was paying too much.

And don't come back with any comment about the length of the contract, unless you can also demonstrate that the length wasn't actually a smart trade off to back load the contract and potentially save dollars. That would be my assumption.

Obviously CGC is overpaid because he sucks and can't win games. He shouldn't be 80k-ing.

That said, I'm not sure why people think the amount he's paid was obviously too high when the contract was signed? I haven't seen any analysis showing the amount his peers were paid, or demonstrating that TStan should've known *in advance* that he was paying too much.

And don't come back with any comment about the length of the contract, unless you can also demonstrate that the length wasn't actually a smart trade off to back load the contract and potentially save dollars. That would be my assumption.
Pretty sure he definitely started with a lower salary than Johnson. I think it's spose to go up every year but I remember reading that the average across the 7 might still be less than Johnson made his last year. Also pretty sure within the ACC he's like 7th out of 8 public schools for head coach salaries.

I would like to know why the AD thought Collins would be a good head coach. If there were a history from which to surmise that, ok, but there wasn't. So why would you give an unproven coach 7 years? The last 3 years have proven that it wasn't worth that risk. I would be accepting if the AD could explain what sold him on Collins if it were something other than the BS we hear in every press conference.

These people just post stuff like this because they’re angry. The whole contract discussion is irrational on this board

Back