Saban retiring

We haven’t won at least 8 since 2016. In the last 21 years we have won 8 or more 6 times. The standard of 8 wins isn’t a disastrous insult.

Good, it wasn't meant to be, not in the least! Consistent 8 win programs intermittently make their way into the top 10.

Is it just me or could Alabama's hire end up a disaster for them?

Is it just me or could Alabama's hire end up a disaster for them?

Have you actually looked at his resume as a HC?

University of Sioux Falls - 2005-2009 he went 67-3 with 3 NAIA National Championships

Fresno State - 2020-2021 he went 12-6 (2020: 3-3, 2021: 9-3) before taking the UW job before the Fresno State Bowl game.

University of Washington - 2022-2023 he went 25-3 (2022: 11-2, 2023: 14-1) which includes 2 Bowl wins over Texas.

Overall record: 104-12. Pretty damn impressive.

Only time will tell what he does with the pressure of the Alabama job. The staff he puts together will be very interesting to see.

Not being Nick Saban will be the #1 critique even when they don’t win good enough. It’s an impossible standard and I think Bama will run off ‘good’ or even ‘great’ while expecting ‘perfect’.

Hard to say with their resources it almost seems hard to fail

Seems like that now. Wasn't all that long ago where they sucked and didn't have a guy on the team to get drafted. Saban is still on staff in some capacity so probably won't get that bad.

I have never been much of a fan of Saban, and definitely not Bama, except when they play the mutts, but a Clemson friend of mine sent me this beautiful tribute penned by a former walk-on at Bama under Saban ---

Coach Saban won't remember my name, nor will you find me on any Alabama highlight tape. For Coach Saban's first two seasons at Alabama in 2007 & 2008, I was a walk-on wide receiver for the Crimson Tide. My role was to run routes on the scout team and keep the team GPA up. As a 5-10, 165 lbs 18-year-old kid, I was trying to get through each practice without getting my head knocked off. After surviving each practice, the team would take a knee around Coach Saban listening to his closing remarks for the day. Most of the time I was already wondering what was for dinner, who I wanted to battle on the ping pong table in the players' lounge or if the cute girl from my English class texted me back. What I didn't realize until years later is the impact Coach Saban's daily messages had on me. Discipline is the foundation of his well-discussed "process". Attention to detail was demanded from everyone while excuses were never accepted. Doing the little things correctly everyday builds winning habits. Coach Saban showed us the work required to be successful. Toughness, perseverance, consistency, accountability, and dedication to a cause bigger than ourselves were principles engrained in our mind and way of life. By Saturday, we felt prepared to face any opponent who stepped onto the field in Bryant-Denny Stadium. What I didn't realize was he also prepared us for life after football. He made us better teammates, better leaders, better students, better friends, better sons, better coworkers, better husbands, better fathers and better men. Once we hung up the crimson jersey, we were equipped to take on the world. Coach Saban is immortalized for winning 7 national titles, yet his legacy extends far beyond the football field. I'll forever be grateful for the positive impact he made on my life. Coach Saban once told us, "If you want to be happy for a day, play golf-happy for a week, buy a new car-happy for a month, get a dog- But if you want to be truly happy, answer this, is anyone going to miss you when you're gone?" Well Coach Saban & Ms. Terry must be the happiest couple alive because they will be missed by so many. Thank you and roll tide.

—- Sam Snyder

1705282932222.png

I have never been much of a fan of Saban, and definitely not Bama, except when they play the mutts, but a Clemson friend of mine sent me this beautiful tribute penned by a former walk-on at Bama under Saban ---

Coach Saban won't remember my name, nor will you find me on any Alabama highlight tape. For Coach Saban's first two seasons at Alabama in 2007 & 2008, I was a walk-on wide receiver for the Crimson Tide. My role was to run routes on the scout team and keep the team GPA up. As a 5-10, 165 lbs 18-year-old kid, I was trying to get through each practice without getting my head knocked off. After surviving each practice, the team would take a knee around Coach Saban listening to his closing remarks for the day. Most of the time I was already wondering what was for dinner, who I wanted to battle on the ping pong table in the players' lounge or if the cute girl from my English class texted me back. What I didn't realize until years later is the impact Coach Saban's daily messages had on me. Discipline is the foundation of his well-discussed "process". Attention to detail was demanded from everyone while excuses were never accepted. Doing the little things correctly everyday builds winning habits. Coach Saban showed us the work required to be successful. Toughness, perseverance, consistency, accountability, and dedication to a cause bigger than ourselves were principles engrained in our mind and way of life. By Saturday, we felt prepared to face any opponent who stepped onto the field in Bryant-Denny Stadium. What I didn't realize was he also prepared us for life after football. He made us better teammates, better leaders, better students, better friends, better sons, better coworkers, better husbands, better fathers and better men. Once we hung up the crimson jersey, we were equipped to take on the world. Coach Saban is immortalized for winning 7 national titles, yet his legacy extends far beyond the football field. I'll forever be grateful for the positive impact he made on my life. Coach Saban once told us, "If you want to be happy for a day, play golf-happy for a week, buy a new car-happy for a month, get a dog- But if you want to be truly happy, answer this, is anyone going to miss you when you're gone?" Well Coach Saban & Ms. Terry must be the happiest couple alive because they will be missed by so many. Thank you and roll tide.

—- Sam Snyder

1705282932222.png

Thanx for sharing!!

—- Sam Snyder

1705282932222.png
Incredible!

Vacation home hell. Saban has probably been counting the days until he can move out of the Tuscaloosa since Alabama hired him.

The new coach better stop losing players or it will be a tough road. He needs to stem the "Tide" pun intended.

The new coach better stop losing players or it will be a tough road. He needs to stem the "Tide" pun intended.
I mean, who doesn't love a self-fulfilling prophecy? The new coach is clearly worse, so all the players leave, so the performance is bad, so clearly the new coach is worse.

But remember. There is a group of people who still blindly believe kids pick a school for the school. Hasn’t been that way in 40+ years. They pick a school to play for a specific coach / staff. The school itself is a small variable in the equation.

My Theory is that, after a Legendary, Beloved, Successful, Idolized (take your pick), Pastor, Coach, Leader, Manager, etc... You should almost ALWAYS hire a total idiot, incompetent Scapegoat person on a SHORT Contract (no more than one year), because that next person almost ALWAYS fails, simply because they are NOT the previous "Legendary Leader" that they will inevitably be compare to! [That may be the longest run-on sentence that I have ever typed in my life! :lol: ]

That way, you have a built in Safety Valve. All the loyalists get the Angst out of their system, when they call for the Newbie's Firing and are accommodated. The second almost ALWAYS receives a lot more grace and lower expectations, because they don't have to BE the former Legend, etc.

There are exceptions, but I think that I am correct on this most of the time. Just my 0.02!!

My Theory is that, after a Legendary, Beloved, Successful, Idolized (take your pick), Pastor, Coach, Leader, Manager, etc... You should almost ALWAYS hire a total idiot, incompetent Scapegoat person on a SHORT Contract (no more than one year), because that next person almost ALWAYS fails, simply because they are NOT the previous "Legendary Leader" that they will inevitably be compare to! [That may be the longest run-on sentence that I have ever typed in my life! :lol: ]

That way, you have a built in Safety Valve. All the loyalists get the Angst out of their system, when they call for the Newbie's Firing and are accommodated. The second almost ALWAYS receives a lot more grace and lower expectations, because they don't have to BE the former Legend, etc.

There are exceptions, but I think that I am correct on this most of the time. Just my 0.02!!
But he gets $10 million a season. Any of us would be glad to go to Alabama and fail for that per season. I'm guessing a 5 years guaranteed and I'm living the rich life.

Hell, even Saban just bought a beachfront mansion. He probably can't get out of Tuscaloosa fast enough. Some rich Bama fanboi will probably overpay for his home there when Saban sells it and treat it like a shrine.

Back