Saban retiring

Have you actually looked at his resume as a HC?

University of Sioux Falls - 2005-2009 he went 67-3 with 3 NAIA National Championships

Fresno State - 2020-2021 he went 12-6 (2020: 3-3, 2021: 9-3) before taking the UW job before the Fresno State Bowl game.

University of Washington - 2022-2023 he went 25-3 (2022: 11-2, 2023: 14-1) which includes 2 Bowl wins over Texas.

Overall record: 104-12. Pretty damn impressive.

Only time will tell what he does with the pressure of the Alabama job. The staff he puts together will be very interesting to see.

He wasn't at FSU or UW long enough to prove he can recruit and win with his own players.

Our Clown had a record of 15-10 before we hired him Deboar has 12 losses combined at 3 different stops these aren't in the same universe when you look at that.
Clown came from Temple. I doubt DeBoar would do much better at Temple than clown.

Yellawood at Auburn needs to be out spending money. This is opportunity. GT has had opportunity in the past and wet the bed. This is Auburn's chance to win the state.

Indeed. Instead they go out and get DJ Durkin for DC.

My Theory is that, after a Legendary, Beloved, Successful, Idolized (take your pick), Pastor, Coach, Leader, Manager, etc... You should almost ALWAYS hire a total idiot, incompetent Scapegoat person on a SHORT Contract (no more than one year), because that next person almost ALWAYS fails, simply because they are NOT the previous "Legendary Leader" that they will inevitably be compare to! [That may be the longest run-on sentence that I have ever typed in my life! :lol: ]

That way, you have a built in Safety Valve. All the loyalists get the Angst out of their system, when they call for the Newbie's Firing and are accommodated. The second almost ALWAYS receives a lot more grace and lower expectations, because they don't have to BE the former Legend, etc.

There are exceptions, but I think that I am correct on this most of the time. Just my 0.02!!
If that's true, you've been doing life wrong, get with the program, there are many ways to extend run-on sentences, some of which are complicated, but the easy one is to just replace periods with commas, or you could replace them with nothing, either way, you'll be elevating your run-on sentence game beyond a mere 4 clauses, maybe someday you can make it to double digits, some of us are already there regularly, and let me tell you, life is sweeter than you can possibly imagine, it's like nirvana over here, why not join?

I bet DeBoar would do no worse than Rhule, so better than the clown.
But still mediocre.

Hell, we were excited when Bill Lewis was hired coming off an 11 win season at ECU. Good DC at UGA. Seemed like it was the next step.

But remember. There is a group of people who still blindly believe kids pick a school for the school. Hasn’t been that way in 40+ years. They pick a school to play for a specific coach / staff. The school itself is a small variable in the equation.
Roll Tide Willie is not happy?

Some of you have a strange infatuation with clown. I get it, it is your kink, but there is no reason you can't keep your memories and comparisons to clown in your head and not share with others.
This is Stingtalk, dude... We don't kink shame.

That way, you have a built in Safety Valve. All the loyalists get the Angst out of their system, when they call for the Newbie's Firing and are accommodated. The second almost ALWAYS receives a lot more grace and lower expectations, because they don't have to BE the former Legend, etc.
so has admin really been playing 4d chess with us, and the napalm clown hire was on purpose?

so has admin really been playing 4d chess with us, and the napalm clown hire was on purpose?
No... Scooter was either a straight up styoopid mistake or nepotism of the highest order.

Nick Saban don't give a öööö about Alabama anymore. He is finally rich enough to escape the ööööing inbreds in Alabama and now is neighbors with Tiger Woods on Jupiter Island.

Eat it Bama.

Back