Sadly,it is time to drop UGA...

I'm sorry I can't let this one go... No matter what he posted, Please never use number of StingTalk posts as a meter of fanship. Please. Please please please
140 posts...since 2001. A Real. Passionate. GT. Fan.

Were you aware that...

*O'Leary is no longer coaching GT?
*George Godsey & Joe Hamilton have graduated
*These things called iPads were invented
*Space Shuttles stopped flying
*The dot-com bubble burst
*The cant-miss real state bubble burst
*An Anfrican-American was elected US President
*GM stoppped making Camaros & Firebirds

Wow. Just so much to get you updated on.

dawson_crying-1.gif

This is 1000x worse than SEB's Aaron Murray thread. WTF is wrong with you

When we stop playing UGA it better be because either we dropped to FCS or they joined the NFL. Either scenario is equally likely.

So the number of posts on Stingtalk is the measure of one's passion for GT sports? I have a friend I need to inform immediately. He's had season tickets for 30+ years, but never posted on ST. He's probably under the misconception that he's a Tech fan.

99% of STers are clearly VERY passionate about GT.

Someone who has posted only 140 times...in 12 Years...doesnt seem like the "legendary" passionate GT fans that dwell on ST.

Doesnt mean there arent passionate GT fans...that arent STers. Not sure why THAT would be though.
What kind of GT fan...doesnt...want to be on ST ?!?!
Amirite ??

But, 140 posts over 12 years....and when he posts, we're offered this kind of krap about dropping the GT-UGAG series.

WTH.

No, still stupid. Posts on ST are ZERO indication of fanship. ZERO. The fact he has been on ST since 2001 and is still an active member shows that he is a huge GT fan. In fact, people that joined ST in 2001 are very clearly huge GT supporters, because the internets worked a lot differently then.

99% of STers are clearly VERY passionate about GT.

Someone who has posted only 140 times...in 12 Years...doesnt seem like the "legendary" passionate GT fans that dwell on ST.

Doesnt mean there arent passionate GT fans...that arent STers. Not sure why THAT would be though.
What kind of GT fan...doesnt...want to be on ST ?!?!
Amirite ??

But, 140 posts over 12 years....and when he posts, we're offered this kind of krap about dropping the GT-UGAG series.

WTH.

This game is hardly a rivalry in their minds, they consider Florida and Auburn a much bigger game than GT. My Dwag friends have even quit ragging me, it's almost as if they feel sorry for me. I never got the first phone call Saturday night.

People who think things will never change always baffle me. Things change so rapidly, so frequently, especially in football. Yeah the odds are against us right now, just man up and weather the storm. If you don't keep competing then you don't get to enjoy it when some day it's skewed in your favor.

exactly... like it has been said... this is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

The reality is that this is THE most successful run in UGA football history. No, they don't have a National Title to show for it, but this is still the best 13 year span of football they have ever seen and they won't stay this successful forever.

This game is hardly a rivalry in their minds, they consider Florida and Auburn a much bigger game than GT. My Dwag friends have even quit ragging me, it's almost as if they feel sorry for me. I never got the first phone call Saturday night.

They'd like you to believe this, but it really isn't true. We are the one team to which they hate to lose the most.

Quality is more important than quantity. However, if you post only a few things a year and one of them is like the original post, all sorts of conclusions can be drawn.

....moar...ellipsis.....please......k.....thk....bi......

Sadly, this is a stupid thread.

GT/UGA rivalry...

~ Through 1963 GT led the series 27-26-5
~ From 1964 forward UGA leads the series 12-38.
~ UGA leads overall 39-64-5
~ The 12 post-'63 wins have come since I've been born ('65); I'm old enough to recall 9 of them; only 5 have been at BDS@HGF.

~ 12 GT victories since 1963
...1-7 pt margin: 69,85,98,99,08
...8-14 pt margin: 70,77,89,00
...15 + pt margin: 74,84,90

~ 38 UGA victories since 1963
...1-7 pt margin = 17
...8-14 pt margin = 8
...15 + pt margin: 13 (3 --Hershel years, 3 --B*** L**** years, 1 --Chan's 51-7 debacle)

The Richt Years 2001-2013

~ UGA leads 1-12
~ UGA: 126-44 .741
~ UGA: 8 10-win seasons, 1 losing season ('10 = 6-7)

~ GT: 99-69 .589
~ GT: 1 10-win season ('09 = 10-3), 1 losing season ('10 = 6-7)

During the Richt years, one of the best runs in UGA history, GT has won 1 game, but had an opportunity to win 6 more (13,10,09,06,05,04).

Serious thought regarding the dropping of this series is utterly ridiculous in my opinion. There have been too many games like this past one to think otherwise. GT has been outclassed about a dozen times in the last half-century, and as documented --#34 and the former UGA DB coach are to blame for half of them.

Man up and play the game. Last Saturday was a great game ...we lost ...I was pissed for 24 hours ...It's only a college football game ...there are more important things in life (unless you are a derelict UGA fan who's very existence hinders on "Them Dwags"...c'mon now)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sadly, this is a stupid thread.

GT/UGA rivalry...

~ Through 1963 GT led the series 27-26-5
~ From 1964 forward UGA leads the series 12-38.
~ UGA leads overall 39-64-5
~ The 12 post-'63 wins have come since I've been born ('65); I'm old enough to recall 9 of them; only 5 have been at BDS@HGF.

~ 12 GT victories since 1963
...1-7 pt margin: 69,85,98,99,08
...8-14 pt margin: 70,77,89,00
...15 + pt margin: 74,84,90

~ 38 UGA victories since 1963
...1-7 pt margin = 17
...8-14 pt margin = 8
...15 + pt margin: 13 (3 --Hershel years, 3 --B*** L**** years, 1 --Chan's 51-7 debacle)

The Richt Years 2001-2013

~ UGA leads 1-12
~ UGA: 126-44 .741
~ UGA: 8 10-win seasons, 1 losing season ('10 = 6-7)

~ GT: 99-69 .589
~ GT: 1 10-win season ('09 = 10-3), 1 losing season ('10 = 6-7)

During the Richt years, one of the best runs in UGA history, GT has won 1 game, but had an opportunity to win 6 more (13,10,09,06,05,04).

Serious thought regarding the dropping of this series is utterly ridiculous in my opinion. There have been too many games like this past one to think otherwise. GT has been outclassed about a dozen times in the last half-century, and as documented --#34 and the former UGA DB coach are to blame for half of them.

Man up and play the game. Last Saturday was a great game ...we lost ...I was pissed for 24 hours ...It's only a college football game ...there are more important things in life (unless you are a derelict UGA fan who's very existence hinders on "Them Dwags"...c'mon now)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amen, across the board.

Back