Sadly,it is time to drop UGA...

How the hell did a few sandy vaginas manage to keep this thread going for so long? If the losses hurt so much you want to quit, then consider putting in a tampon to stop the bleeding.. ööööing unreal.

edit: born in 71 been a Tech fan since I can remember.
Cancel the series and I will go Bama fan outrage..

Last edited:
As a sidewalk fan, not sure how I fit into RM's request, but I've been a fan since forever (born in '77) and no amount of losses will ever make me want to drop this series. EVER. To Hell with That ... and to HELL with Georgia!

I wonder if the UGa fans wanted to drop Tech after we beat them 8-straight times?

I wonder if the UGa fans wanted to drop Tech after we beat them 8-straight times?

All these types of remarks are nice but they do not hold water in the context of the situation today. In the 1950's the series was close, the games were played in conference, college student athletes were students, etc. None of this is true any longer.

Fan since the 1960's (born in the 50's), I think we should drop UGA and play them as much as we play Auburn and slightly more than UT, AU, ND. Auburn was the biggest rivalry growing up, UGA a close second.

As a minimum, this game should be put at the beginning of the year where it will draw big attention but then be forgotten one week later as we focus on the ACC. Trust me, if Tech was ever good enough to beat UGA at the end of the year as they go on to the SECCG, they'd be howling to move the game forward too. It is just not in the best interests of either school at the end anymore. It doesn't compete with the Iron Bowl, OSU/MICH, FL/FSU, etc. Put it forward, garner attention, win an extra time every decade, enjoy the off-season, then move on the week after the loss.

How the hell did a few sandy vaginas manage to keep this thread going for so long? If the losses hurt so much you want to quit, then consider putting in a tampon to stop the bleeding.. ööööing unreal.

At your age, is this really necessary? Didn't you, and the rest that have to rely on cussing, take an Edith Blicksilver class along the way and learn to use bigger thoughts?

If Tech does not have open discussion on this issue, then you are going to get much the same as the last fifty years. Bobby Dodd turned out to be correct after all.

Ten years ago I still drank the koolaid. In ten or fifteen more years you won't either and maybe you'll help look for real answers too.

I love how I'm seeing the words ööööö and vagina thrown around here like we aren't manly enough or worthy of being Tech fans for suggesting this change. So I guess it makes y'all feel tougher when you bend over and take your annual ass-whipping beat down from them every year. At least you got that going for you... :rolleyes:

At your age, is this really necessary? Didn't you, and the rest that have to rely on cussing, take an Edith Blicksilver class along the way and learn to use bigger thoughts?

If Tech does not have open discussion on this issue, then you are going to get much the same as the last fifty years. Bobby Dodd turned out to be correct after all.

Ten years ago I still drank the koolaid. In ten or fifteen more years you won't either and maybe you'll help look for real answers too.
Good points, also what does GT have to gain playing Ugag every year, celebrating once each decade.

Take those words as you may, it's complete idiocy to want to drop this series. Am I pissed, you bet but seeing how many want to drop this game kills me. Move it like I said at least when we are home so we can concentrate on acc

By the way, let me add one other thought. You threaten to leave if we drop UGA; I had the exact same thought when we dropped Auburn. I got over it because I really am a fan.

What you need to consider is not your Tech manhood in this discussion but how many fans or potential fans have we lost because we don't win instate. It's a joke and most non-alumni fans have long given up the fight.

We would have a chance to bring in or back tens of thousands of fans at which point we'd have a chance to compete instate again. The great Army generals of the past didn't just throw their army straight into an overhwleming situation time after time after time. Think! Regroup, flank, then attack on your terms. It's just not that hard a thought process.

But the difference is simple. I WANT TO WIN AND IF I COULD I WOULD HAVE FOUND A WAY A LONG TIME AGO. You are worrying about emotions instead of treating this situation like it's a war or a business. CHANGE IS NEEDED.

Engineering faculty are probably the worst kind of people to go to war with. They're worried about if the lube oil gets one degree too hot during battle. Tech is getting it handed to them. It's embarassing and all we know how to do is huddle in a closet, feel better about ourselves 364 days later, and go out and get another tooth knocked out.

I really have no problem with the argument about saving the rivalry, but to not think about how we're going to win it one day drives me crazy as a Tech grad. My daughter just got out and she has something like 15 aunts/uncles/parents who went to Tech. I made her a fan (messed her up for life) but am the only one left who roots for Tech in my generation. Sad, very sad.

MidAtlantic-nice to know you agree with me

even though I don't have 57,438,743 posts here on ST.Again,I have ticket stubbs,programs,car rental and motel receipts to show my support for GT Sports-Home and AWAY!

Re: MidAtlantic-nice to know you agree with me

even though I don't have 57,438,743 posts here on ST.Again,I have ticket stubbs,programs,car rental and motel receipts to show my support for GT Sports-Home and AWAY!

Why do you keep that öööö? Sadly, it's time to clean your ööööing house.

Re: MidAtlantic-nice to know you agree with me

I have season tickets from 700 miles away. It's not easy for me at all. I do miss my Georgian family for Thanksgiving but I dropped coming to UGA games a few years ago.

By the way, let me add one other thought. You threaten to leave if we drop UGA; I had the exact same thought when we dropped Auburn. I got over it because I really am a fan.

What you need to consider is not your Tech manhood in this discussion but how many fans or potential fans have we lost because we don't win instate. It's a joke and most non-alumni fans have long given up the fight.

We would have a chance to bring in or back tens of thousands of fans at which point we'd have a chance to compete instate again. The great Army generals of the past didn't just throw their army straight into an overhwleming situation time after time after time. Think! Regroup, flank, then attack on your terms. It's just not that hard a thought process.

But the difference is simple. I WANT TO WIN AND IF I COULD I WOULD HAVE FOUND A WAY A LONG TIME AGO. You are worrying about emotions instead of treating this situation like it's a war or a business. CHANGE IS NEEDED.

Engineering faculty are probably the worst kind of people to go to war with. They're worried about if the lube oil gets one degree too hot during battle. Tech is getting it handed to them. It's embarassing and all we know how to do is huddle in a closet, feel better about ourselves 364 days later, and go out and get another tooth knocked out.

I really have no problem with the argument about saving the rivalry, but to not think about how we're going to win it one day drives me crazy as a Tech grad. My daughter just got out and she has something like 15 aunts/uncles/parents who went to Tech. I made her a fan (messed her up for life) but am the only one left who roots for Tech in my generation. Sad, very sad.

So, you're the lone Tech fan (in your generation...) remaining in a family full of Tech graduates? Did they just give up on sports or did they swap teams? Cheer for Georgia?

So, you're the lone Tech fan (in your generation...) remaining in a family full of Tech graduates? Did they just give up on sports or did they swap teams? Cheer for Georgia?

In fairness we are spread out today but about half in Atlanta area. Generally lost interest. Nobody roots for Georgia. I do not believe that will ever happen. (For me personally, the history of the 40's games, the School of Commerce, the political and media control, etc...I would never ever support UGA. In fact, I refuse to wear red to this day.)

If you asked them all, they would all probably say they are a Tech fan. NONE of them practices it however.

Reading comprehension dude. Where did you read I would stop being a Tech fan if we canceled the series? If I was a bandwagon fan I would've left a long time ago. I said I would have a Bama fan's rage (see the multiple threads on their fans shooting each other or poisoning trees) which I used as an exaggeration BTW..

My point being is that I would rather lose 30 fights than to cowardly walk away. It's a respect thing. For ourselves and from others.

And do you really think having 10,000 more fans is the cure to losing to them? We just went toe to toe with them with BDS split almost 50\50. Last I checked, fans make noise not plays.

Either add majors or drop em. We aren't on the same playing field and the distance between us continues to grow. We have a difficult enough schedule as it is and I wouldn't mind playing another sec team occasionally. I would also consider moving it to the first game of the year. I think that would potentially give us an edge.

I'm 36 and have been a fan since around 12 I'd guess. Definitely in '90. Ironically I liked colorado(because my aunt went there) and georgia tech because they both had gold helmets. But never liked ND. Always been a fan of the underdog.

The butthurt in the thread is intense. Honestly, saying you want this series cancelled is pretty much on par with saying you don't want to be a GT fan. Just GFTO and GFY

Back