Sadly,it is time to drop UGA...

The wager is simply that over the last 50 years statistics would show that it's not one play, it's not one bad turnover, it's not luck.

Never said it was luck. Many of the games in the last 20 years have been extremely close, and the vast majority of those have not gone our way, which points to coaching/player talent.

Personally, I think CPJ is a better coach than Richt. I think if we could recruit like UGA does, we would be a 10+ win team every year and we would compete for titles. That said, we can't recruit like UGA does. Even if we grant exemptions or relax standards we still won't recruit at their level. But that's fine, as long as we can get a few game-changing guys to swing those close ones in our favor.

But to suggest that we discontinue playing our most hated rival because we're getting beat by ~1 TD/game is ridiculous. Heck, UGA was 3-18 against UF from '90-'10 and they kept wanting to play it. UF pantsed UGA a lot worse in most of those games than they have us.

Hmmm, this year alone we have the 40th hardest schedule and in my opinion, it was one of the weakest schedules we've ever had. Why do you think Duke won the Coastal? I can remember Top Ten schedules sprinkled fairly regularly for much of the last fifty years. I don't get your response.
You consider being around the 67th percentile as "one of the hardest in the country"? Did you do well at Tech?

During the Paul Johnson era, Tech has had one (1) schedule that was in the top ten of difficulty. Care to guess which season?

If Tech isn't very good and does poor job improving the ACC's image,
philosoraptor_stickers-rc5dd3612a50a4c6ca0c46b466c74de3d_v9wxo_8byvr_324.jpg

Why does Tech have one of the nation's longest bowl streaks while playing an ACC schedule?

I'm convinced mid is just doing a big, elaborate, troll. Well done.

Engaging folks, hopefully, but troll, no. I believe in what I say. We need to be more honest with things and then be smart about changing the situation we are in.

Georgia Tech taught me to "identify the problem, THEN you can solve it" and I've learned on my own that there is always one best answer to find after you really evaluate the problem.

Engaging folks, hopefully, but troll, no. I believe in what I say. We need to be more honest with things and then be smart about changing the situation we are in.

Georgia Tech taught me to "identify the problem, THEN you can solve it" and I've learned on my own that there is always one best answer to find after you really evaluate the problem.

If your best answer is "öööö it, I give up" maybe engineering should not have been your first career choice.

I'm still not really sure where you have proven that playing UGA is a "problem".

I've read every post in this thread and I have to say midatlantech has done a better job selling his side of this debate. And the answer to this specific question is two-fold:

1 - Losing to UGA almost every year at seasons end is a problem b/c it totally bums everyone out. It ruins any positive momentum we had going and depresses both the attitude and the turnout for our bowl games.

2 - It also creates a lot of negativity about the program for the entire off season even if we do win the bowl game (last year beating USCw was a major positive however and did break the trend at least for one season). We all bitch & moan about the team and then we usually see a low ranked recruiting class in Feb which only adds fuel to the fire. Then we get ready to do it all again next year. The definition of insanity right??

I always hang my hat on beating them in basketball and tell my kids to do the same. Don't really give a rats ass if they don't care about it to me it's equivalent since it's the other major revenue sport.

Count me on the side of wanting to drop them from our FB schedule at least until we can somehow make strides in leveling the playing field. Even our "close" losses really aren't close, I mean who here honestly felt we had ANY chance last week once they tied the game and forced OT?

Man up and quit being -------! Could you imagine dwag fans if we dropped them because we can't beat them? You think it is tough now...

Last edited:
Never said it was luck. Many of the games in the last 20 years have been extremely close, and the vast majority of those have not gone our way, which points to coaching/player talent.

Personally, I think CPJ is a better coach than Richt. I think if we could recruit like UGA does, we would be a 10+ win team every year and we would compete for titles. That said, we can't recruit like UGA does. Even if we grant exemptions or relax standards we still won't recruit at their level. But that's fine, as long as we can get a few game-changing guys to swing those close ones in our favor.

But to suggest that we discontinue playing our most hated rival because we're getting beat by ~1 TD/game is ridiculous. Heck, UGA was 3-18 against UF from '90-'10 and they kept wanting to play it. UF pantsed UGA a lot worse in most of those games than they have us.
Big difference, FLA is on their conference schedule.

So do we change the words to the Ramblin Wreck to "Yell to hell with whatever team we've got a pretty decent record against because those are the only teams we want to play"?

This thread is full of some awful big pussies.

Some more numbers to go along with my previous post in this thread...

Average score:

~ 1964-2013- GT 18.3 / UGA 26.6
~ CMR era, 2001-2013- GT 19.6 / 32.6
~ CPJ era, 2008-2013- GT 27.4 / UGA 38.0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can someone do a poll to see if we can find out the ages of the real vaginas in here? Pre 90 championship to post 90 championship who want to keep ga on the schedule as to drop them.

Back