Saturday Bowls

Why does everyone seemingly want to expand this playoff? Most years there are only two legit teams good enough to be Champions. Hell we couldn't even fill out a 4 team bracket this year, why expand it to 6?

I don't need to see the pac 12 champ this weekend.
Every team should have the ability to win the national championship on the field. UCF has shown that is not the case in the current system.

Oklahoma is working miracles right here, but lamb is going to look like he's wearing a michigan state uniform by the end of this.

Every team should have the ability to win the national championship on the field. UCF has shown that is not the case in the current system.
Yes this. The kids did all they could do. They were perfect and not considered. How can you consider them div 1 football Fbs and not give them a shot.

Alabama is rotating so much that Oklahoma’s defense looks like they’re about to pass out and the running back for Alabama isn’t even sweating. He’s just smiling at the sideline.

Yes this. The kids did all they could do. They were perfect and not considered. How can you consider them div 1 football Fbs and not give them a shot.
It seems like there are two options: split the G5 off as a separate subdivision and give them a separate champion or create a playoff system that includes all champions.

This is a playoff game and the stadium is empty. I guess cause Oklahoma’s is getting killed.

I'm sure of it. Bama doesn't need to run the ball when they have Tua and those receivers. Clemson's secondary hasn't really been tested either.
OK, if you're so sure of it, then you will have no issue with putting $1k or more down on Bama to win & cover whatever spread is put up. Make sure you take a photo of the ticket after you make your bet and show that on here.

Yeah, I agree. This is a crucial difference between the current set up and how it should be. The goal shouldn't be to put the 'four best' teams in the playoff – cuz that's a lotta eye-test BS. The goal should be to put the teams that haven't yet lost their chance in the playoff. I'm willing to bet that UGA is better than UCF... but UGA had their chance and lost. Now we gotta give UCF their chance. If the powers-that-be don't like the idea of a G5 team having that 'chance,' they need to be a heckuva lot more explicit about it – because UCF has now won 26 games in a row, including beating four ranked teams, the SEC West champ in 2017 and the ACC Coastal champ in 2018. If that kind of resume doesn't get them an invite to the CFP, it is clear that nothing ever will. And we should either change that or admit it, one or the other.

I’ve said this several times throughout this season, this Bama team is the best college football team I’ve personally ever seen. That said, I think Clemson can hang with them. But I think uncle Nick gets #7

Back