Saturday Bowls

Every team should have the ability to win the national championship on the field. UCF has shown that is not the case in the current system.
Every team has 12 weeks to prove their case. UCF hasn't played anyone in 2 years.

Washington was 10-3. They had the ability to win the championship like everyone else but they lost 3 games

Every team has 12 weeks to prove their case. UCF hasn't played anyone in 2 years.

Washington was 10-3. They had the ability to win the championship like everyone else but they lost 3 games
BS. UCF has played 25 games in 2 years.

They beat #7 Auburn. What if they also beat #11 LSU?

Besides, schedule quality is a poor argument. They players don’t create the schedule and its difficult to determine who will have an up or down season years in advance when games are set. It’s also how you get the “quality SEC loss” BS.

They beat #7 Auburn. What if they also beat #11 LSU?

Besides, schedule quality is a poor argument. They players don’t create the schedule and its difficult to determine who will have an up or down season years in advance when games are set. It’s also how you get the “quality SEC loss” BS.
Are you serious? If that's the case, anybody can schedule 12 games against sisters of the poor and say, "King me." Doesn't help UCF's cause that they cancelled both us and UNC (2 Power 5 teams), and failed to reschedule. Don't know about Carolina, but we wanted to reschedule them last year and they refused. Went out and got themselves a cupcake instead.

Reactions: Ish
UCF would have destroyed us last year. Don’t know why people keep acting like they dodged us.
Because they did. Thought it was established fact. They probably could have beaten us, and it would have been a feather in their cap, but they definitely ducked us. Went out and got themselves an easy W instead trying to reschedule the hurricane game.

I'm just not interested in moving to an NFL style system, where a hot team can run through the playoffs after a 10-6 or 11-5 season. It works for the NFL, I love the NFL....but in my personal opinion college football championships carry a lot more weight because they often have 0 or 1 losses. If we start expanding the playoffs to even 6 teams (1 & 2 get byes), then eventually some team with 2 or 3 losses will get in and win the thing, and I just have no interest in that.

Because they did. Thought it was established fact. They probably could have beaten us, and it would have been a feather in their cap, but they definitely ducked us. Went out and got themselves an easy W instead trying to reschedule the hurricane game.

What easy win did they go out and get? They only played 11 regular season games.

Maybe you should know what the öööö you are talking about before you post stupidity on a message board.

I'm just not interested in moving to an NFL style system, where a hot team can run through the playoffs after a 10-6 or 11-5 season. It works for the NFL, I love the NFL....but in my personal opinion college football championships carry a lot more weight because they often have 0 or 1 losses. If we start expanding the playoffs to even 6 teams (1 & 2 get byes), then eventually some team with 2 or 3 losses will get in and win the thing, and I just have no interest in that.
We already had a 2 loss champion.

I fail to see how an 8 team playoff fixes anything. Go back to 2 teams and pencil in Clemson and Bama every year. Everyone else is way behind.
Going to 8 teams will make situation worse, it is okay as is,committee is doing a good job

To expound on this, I like the current system because it tells a story of that particular season, from regular season all the way to the final championship game. I can look at a list of CFB champions going back 20 years and recall instantly the major storylines of that season. Because CFB champions dominate the news cycle that year. Now expand the playoffs so a 10-3 Washington team gets in and wins the whole thing, suddenly you have two different stories for the 2018 season. The regular season and the playoff story.

What easy win did they go out and get? They only played 11 regular season games.

Maybe you should know what the öööö you are talking about before you post stupidity on a message board.
I thought we offered to buy out one of their games

UCF should get a shot, so that an Alabama team that cares can pound 100 points down their throats and we can settle this argument forever. Some team will be like wah wah we deserve it and the refrain will be "remember UCF, Dodd rest their souls".

Back