Sell-outs this year...

GTKyle

Dodd-Like
What games, if any, do you think will sell out this year?

08/28/08 vs. Jacksonville State
No way in hell.

09/20/08 vs. Mississippi State
Possible, but unlikely. It will be close.

10/04/08 vs. Duke
No way.

10/11/08 vs. Gardner-Webb
No FREAKIN way in hell.

10/25/08 vs. Virginia (Homecoming)
Very unlikely.

11/01/08 vs. Florida State
Most likely game.

11/20/08 vs. Miami
Very unlikely.

If we're having a good year by then, (Like, no more than 1 loss by UVA and no more than 2 losses by Miami) I think UVA and Miami could be good opportunities.

Jack St-nope
Miss St-only if we win in Blacksburg
Duke-nope
GWebb-nope
UVA-nope
FSU-only if both teams are ranked
Miami-cold thursday night (nope)

If we're having a good year by then, (Like, no more than 1 loss by UVA and no more than 2 losses by Miami) I think UVA and Miami could be good opportunities.

We could not sell out UVA (night game) or Miami (homecoming) in 06 when we were a top-25 team. I doubt it will happen this year.

I think we'll sell out Jax State. Season opener and a Thursday night game.

I speak from personal interest. With my curiosity of CPJ's new O and the past few years let downs, I will be the first to go to the season opener as a non season ticket holder. Maybe by August I will be though......

Support what Drad is trying to build on our program the next few years.

I think FSU and UVA will sell out. UVA has the benefit of being homecoming, which always seems to help. We haven't had a chance at FSU in awhile, so I think that will spark interest.

I think FSU and UVA will sell out. UVA has the benefit of being homecoming, which always seems to help. We haven't had a chance at FSU in awhile, so I think that will spark interest.

We couldn't sell BC out... so don't count on it.

Don't forget that FSU's fan base is substantially larger than BC's.

Well, I think FSU has a good chance of selling out, but probably not UVA, even though it is homecoming.

Now that I think of it, we did sell out Miami in 06.

08/28/08 vs. Jacksonville State - No
09/20/08 vs. Mississippi State - YES
10/04/08 vs. Duke - No
10/11/08 vs. Gardner-Webb - No
10/25/08 vs. Virginia (Homecoming) - YES
11/01/08 vs. Florida State - YES
11/20/08 vs. Miami - DEPENDS ON OUR RECORD

If we're playing for our division title in November, we sell out Miami, and we do it mostly with Tech fans to boot.

I have no clue how many, if at all, does Mississippi State bring to away games. Considering they haven't been very good over the years, I'd think they have a meager following.

Only FSU and maybe UVA will completely sell out, I'd think.

I dont think it will be too difficult to sell out an early season SEC game in Atlanta. I vote for Miss. St but that may be all.

I have no clue how many, if at all, does Mississippi State bring to away games. Considering they haven't been very good over the years, I'd think they have a meager following.

I can already hear those cowbells...

State brought a lot of folks to Athens back in 2006. Those cowbells travel well. We could all use a little more cowbell.

Dear god I hope they don't play the cowbell thing on the jumbotron when Miss St is in town.

That might go poorly.

If we're playing for our division title in November, we sell out Miami, and we do it mostly with Tech fans to boot.
It would have to be all Tech fans, or non-Miami fans. The only way you'd get a Miami fan to travel all the way up to Atlanta is if they were running drugs up 75.

Truly sad when we have to count on opposing fans in order to sale a game out.

I remember seeing a statistic somewhere that said something like, "it would take all the living GT graduates to fill Bobby Dodd Stadium."

I find it hard to believe, but if it's true, then it's no wonder that we have a hard time filling the stadium.

Back