Sell-outs this year...

With first game excitement and a decent Jax State crowd coming to Atlanta I would predict about 50-52K for first game. FSU should be near sellout. Miami and UVA ought to be in the 53-54 range. If the season goes well Miss. State will be 50+, Duke about 46, and GW about 42. That would be a good year.

I predict if we win more games than we lose, we will set attendance records this year.

Man, I tell you, I'm not sure we'd fill the stadium if every single Tech alumnist in Georgia came to a game.

I don't think there are enough Tech alumni in Georgia to fill the stadium

I predict if we win more games than we lose, we will set attendance records this year.

I think if we win more than we lose, we will finish above .500

Of the top ten rushing leaders next year, how many will be Tech players?

I predict 2. Dwyer at #2 and Nesbitt at #9.

I think we'll do fine this year as long as we score more points than the other team.

Man, I tell you, I'm not sure we'd fill the stadium if every single Tech alumnist in Georgia came to a game.

God. Why are Tech sports fans so pessimistic? If you're going to wildly speculate without any data to back it up, at least make it positive.

We'll have an unproven defense. Outscoring them will be the only way to win.

I disagree. We have a great nucleus on D. 4 of the 7 DB/LB's are unproven, but the front 4 and Burnett are as good as anyone in the country. Bowen and Jahi are solid.
AT Barnes played a lot last year as a RFr. I am not worried about talent on D, my only question is Wommack.
I think the D will carry us the first part of the schedule.

Any truth to the rumor that you could fit all the Tech alumni in the back seat of a Ford Taurus?

Jack St-nope
Miss St-only if we win in Blacksburg
Duke-nope
GWebb-nope
UVA-nope
FSU-only if both teams are ranked
Miami-cold thursday night (nope)

Excellent analysis--and therein lies the problem. With all the new enthusiasm for the change in direction of the program, we will not sell out more than two games in a 55,000 seat stadium in the center of a three million plus metropolis. And your observation is astute--no sellout of Miss State unless they bring a ton of followers and we have won at VPI. Conversely, if we are torched in Blackburg, look for less than 45,000. :wow: I think FSU represents the best chance to sell out, but you are right, both teams have to be playing well and winning, and the game has to be meaningful in the standings for each. FSU travels well and will bring a lot of fans.

Back