Sell-outs this year...

Truly sad when we have to count on opposing fans in order to sale a game out.

Sad? It's nothing new. We don't have 25k students and a huge alumni base like ugay, Tenn, and Auburn. Even when we were winning SEC titles back in the day we didn't sell out every game.

Our enrollment-to-ticket-sales ratio is probably huge.

Probably not quite as huge as Wake Forest's, but still probably huge.

We don't need alumni. Those SEC stadiums aren't filled with Alumni. They are filled with fans. Those schools market to their area a hell of a lot more than GT markets to it's area.

GT really wants nothing to do with being "Atlanta's School". We want to be elitist so we get what we ask for when it comes to ticket sales. Many longtime Atlanta residents probably think we are a private school.

We don't need alumni. Those SEC stadiums aren't filled with Alumni. They are filled with fans. Those schools market to their area a hell of a lot more than GT markets to it's area.

It's easy to market to an area when you crank out 10 times the grads Tech does, and NONE of them leave "the area."

It's easy to market to an area when you crank out 10 times the grads Tech does, and NONE of them leave "the area."

Do they really have that many more grads? I would've said it was no more than two or three times the number, which is still a big difference, but comments like these and Roy's are making me wonder.

I dont believe the SEC scools have to market. Most the SEC schools are in rural areas where college football is the ONLY thing to follow and be a fan of. There are no pro teams or big cities with other things to do. Plus Atlanta is a melting pot of people from all over the country. I bet there are more Big10 alumns living on Atlanta than GT alumns.

And more than half are women, who end up breeding young fans...

I bet there are more Big10 alumns living on Atlanta than GT alumns.

If there are Big10 alums, then i think Architech would want to meet them. Although he does probably prefer PAC10 alums.

Do they really have that many more grads? I would've said it was no more than two or three times the number, which is still a big difference, but comments like these and Roy's are making me wonder.

biggest issue with tech alums is that they tend to spread out across the country and a lot (50%) don't care about tech athletics.

I dont believe the SEC scools have to market. Most the SEC schools are in rural areas where college football is the ONLY thing to follow and be a fan of. There are no pro teams or big cities with other things to do. Plus Atlanta is a melting pot of people from all over the country. I bet there are more Big10 alumns living on Atlanta than GT alumns.

You do realize that most fans of SEC programs (or other conferences for that matter) don't still live in the school's town but travel from, I don't know, Atlanta to attend games in Athens, Auburn or Knoxville.

wow, if you look at the map, we couldn't even fill the stadium with our own in-state alumni.

wow, if you look at the map, we couldn't even fill the stadium with our own in-state alumni.

Why does this need to be said three times?

Anyway, I think we're underestimating our attendance. Alumni bring family and friends and it was two years ago that we sold out Miami homecoming pretty early in the year. This year, I bet FSU will almost certainly be a sellout since they still have a lot of fans and we still badly want to beat them. UVA is very likely being homecoming. Miami is unlikely though being a Thursday night game.

I'm still pouring over my information, but I think I just found a connection between the number of in-state grads and our stadium size that may answer alot of questions.

Man, I tell you, I'm not sure we'd fill the stadium if every single Tech alumnist in Georgia came to a game.

Back