Show off those 3 Stripes

Up to 5 items now on adidas site. Insert your navy apparel hate but I like navy apparel. Gonna get that gold polo and a white one. Probably get that navy pullover later in the year. Or a white one when more swag is released.

https://www.adidas.com/us/men-georgia_tech-apparel

Seems to be getting more apparent that under Adidas our default color for gear will be navy and not Tech gold or even white. :(

bigcry

I never had any expectation that Navy was going away. It was all about getting a consistent gold. Fact is, Navy is always going to sell as long as it's part of our scheme because people just like how it looks on them.

Never had any expectation for navy going away...nor should it... but I was hoping for it not to be as dominant in the gear Adidas offered.

When our gear is primarily white and gold it is more distinctive as Georgia Tech, and not a zillion other schools with a blue/gold scheme. I don't fault people for liking navy, but I'll personally continue to only buy stuff that's primarily white or gold.

Never had any expectation for navy going away...nor should it... but I was hoping for it not to be as dominant in the gear Adidas offered.

When our gear is primarily white and gold it is more distinctive as Georgia Tech, and not a zillion other schools with a blue/gold scheme. I don't fault people for liking navy, but I'll personally continue to only buy stuff that's primarily white or gold.

That's fair enough. I will be happy as long as I can have at least one piece of gear that's primarily in each of the 3 colors.

I agree with you, and it is curious that Stansbury did not more clearly recognize this was important to the fan base. And regardless of what colors you purchase, it will be the colors purchased by ALL OUR FANS that will determine the brand, unfortunately.

The only reason blue is an issue is because some rich alum decided a while back to throw a funding hissy fit over blue being in uniforms a while back. Seems that people haven’t been able to let go of following that.

The only reason blue is an issue is because some rich alum decided a while back to throw a funding hissy fit over blue being in uniforms a while back. Seems that people haven’t been able to let go of following that.

I don't think it has anything to do with that. It has everything to do with the fact that Georgia Tech marketing and branding has been a complete clusteröööö and light years behind all of our peers. What Drew Hearn tried to do in the 90s independent of any effort on GTAA's part is neither here nor there.

Ask someone who's not a Georgia Tech fan what our school colors are. Schools that have their branding act together don't have this problem. I can't name one that does.

We've been played...

b73Oi2MGo2zZWdGp-lzHoUXBAnmZz7Ht-_iu0FUzuVA.jpg

So I got the gold coaches sideline polo. Fabric and color is good but be warned the logos are applique and not embroidered. It's a heavy applique but I personally prefer stuff to be embroidered.

Cheap appliqué.

Back