Sims is the future of this offense

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
The clowns in the booth didn't realize either. It made me hesitate in my celebration because neither Carolina nor the jackasses on the call seemed to be seeing what I was.
I thought it had been blown dead before the play. I saw Sims pull it and jog into he endzone then everyone kind of acted like the play didn't happen

gtphd

What a time to be alive
So let’s talk about Sims aim for a second. Against NIU he couldn’t hit the side of a barn door. Again UNC he had sniper-like precision on passes that weren’t tipped. What was different and can we bank on this level of precision going forward?

JJacket

Let's not give the fake too much credit, it didn't take much to fool those refs.
Smith even fakes them out by keeping his balance and not getting tackled. I can only imagine how crappy of a RB Barry Sanders would have been with last night's refs blowing plays dead when it looked like he was stopped, but really wasn't.

JJacket

So let’s talk about Sims aim for a second. Against NIU he couldn’t hit the side he a barn door. Again UNC he had sniper-like precision on passes that weren’t tipped. What was different and can we bank on this level of precision going forward?
He had a half against NIU in the first game of the season and got injured. There is no way to know how the second half would have turned our had Sims NOT gotten hurt and had played through the NIU game.

PressManCoverage

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
in the post-game presser last night, Mack Brown said Sims reminds him of Vince Young. Coming from Mack, that’s quite the compliment.
Sims is a long strider that is fast also if that makes any sense

I think he passes better than VY did at this same stage in their Careers, VY was bigger about 6-5 230ish

GTCrew

Patrick Henry
So let’s talk about Sims aim for a second. Against NIU he couldn’t hit the side of a barn door. Again UNC he had sniper-like precision on passes that weren’t tipped. What was different and can we bank on this level of precision going forward?
Dont bank on it.

His open field running ability seems legit. Teams will take that away and force him to throw.

I dont recall him "laying one in there" all night. Closest was probably the TD that took the acrobatic catch and was a turftoe away from OOB. That is a limitation. Good news IMHO is if he is on and the WR are dialed in like they were last night we are going to be formidable. AND if he is not on we are no friggin slouch with Yates.

Teams going forward are going to be prepared for both. We will take noone else by surprise. But if you are prepping for both you cant give 100% to the one you are facing.

coit

Y’all got any more of that D Fence?
Don’t forget that Sims gives us a deep ball threat that Yates doesn’t have.

After we made UNC pay for their overpursuit a few times, they didn’t rush as strong and gave Sims time to make plays. That’s something else that we don’t have with Yates.