So is ND going to officially join now?

Update: ND will not join the ACC. There will be no ACC in 2020.

MLB is dozens of times more well funded than the ACC and SEC combined and it’s about to be cancelled.

No CFB 2020. But the silver lining is CGC gets an extra year to replace the roster without a losing record that could hurt us.

MLB is dozens of times more well funded than the ACC and SEC combined and it’s about to be cancelled.

No CFB 2020. But the silver lining is CGC gets an extra year to replace the roster without a losing record that could hurt us.
MLB isn’t about to be canceled. Stop being a chicken little.

Seems like the ACC actually made a decent deal.

Sure we might've had one-yer leverage with ND, but long term the ACC needs ND football more than ND football needs the ACC. If you think otherwise, you are delusional.

That's quite a doomsday post but a possible scenario that could play out and has to be planned for but I suspect MLB will be looked at as a model to create contingency plans. There is something unique about the Marlins in that no other sports franchise has been hit like this. Do they have poor policies in place? Is it that they are in a super hot spot area, the Miami-Dade area? Is it possibly a cultural issue? Do they all sleep in the same bed or something?

Anyway, it appears the other sports leagues as well as other MLB teams are managing this well enough that the Marlins alone shouldn't cause all sports to halt. Rather, study them and understand what makes them unique and all will benefit. Maybe they just got unlucky but I doubt it since nearly the entire team got it so I suspect there is a lesson learned here.

That's quite a doomsday post but a possible scenario that could play out and has to be planned for but I suspect MLB will be looked at as a model to create contingency plans. There is something unique about the Marlins in that no other sports franchise has been hit like this. Do they have poor policies in place? Is it that they are in a super hot spot area, the Miami-Dade area? Is it possibly a cultural issue? Do they all sleep in the same bed or something?

Anyway, it appears the other sports leagues as well as other MLB teams are managing this well enough that the Marlins alone shouldn't cause all sports to halt. Rather, study them and understand what makes them unique and all will benefit. Maybe they just got unlucky but I doubt it since nearly the entire team got it so I suspect there is a lesson learned here.
Think of how the fans at Miami games and LSU games act. Do you honestly believe those type of people have any sense of responsibility or compliance which could help prevent the spread of a disease? HA!

They are trash and the trash piles up sky high during a pandemic.

Their fans are human garbage. It’s the earth’s way of cleansing itself.

Seems like the ACC actually made a decent deal.

Sure we might've had one-yer leverage with ND, but long term the ACC needs ND football more than ND football needs the ACC. If you think otherwise, you are delusional.
No.

We had all the leverage. If ND did not get a deal with the ACC they would not play this year. They would have gotten zero. That would have hurt their status and their recruiting and their revenue. It would have been really bad for them.

So Little Girl sed "I will throw you a lifeline for free with no future obligation and at the same time protect UNC and State and Duke from playing Clemson and screw everyone else.

Little Girl has neen an ACC disaster and is going out intensifying his legacy... Of screwing the conference outside his Tobacco Road bubble.

No.

We had all the leverage. If ND did not get a deal with the ACC they would not play this year. They would have gotten zero. That would have hurt their status and their recruiting and their revenue. It would have been really bad for them.

So Little Girl sed "I will throw you a lifeline for free with no future obligation and at the same time protect UNC and State and Duke from playing Clemson and screw everyone else.

Little Girl has neen an ACC disaster and is going out intensifying his legacy... Of screwing the conference outside his Tobacco Road bubble.

Short term leverage. I'm confident that if ND wanted to, they could join the BigTen tomorrow.

ND moves the TV needle in a way that no other ACC team does. Having them around boosts the entire conference.

But whine on bruh

Short term leverage. I'm confident that if ND wanted to, they could join the BigTen tomorrow.

ND moves the TV needle in a way that no other ACC team does. Having them around boosts the entire conference.

But whine on bruh

Who wants to bet that, whatever the allowable capacity is set for BDS, that ND is the only game that hits that mark? I bet Clemson doesn't even hit it.

No.

Is that true? None of the Carolina teams will have to play Clemson?

Who wants to bet that, whatever the allowable capacity is set for BDS, that ND is the only game that hits that mark? I bet Clemson doesn't even hit it.
I don't know. Tech home football games might be the hottest ticket in town this fall. There are a lot people who need some quality entertainment, and college football stadiums across the southeast will all be, at the most, at half capacity. No NBA, MLB, and who knows about the NFL.

Wake does, but Wake doesn't count
They count more than most. They’ve won an ACC championship more recently than everyone in the conference except Georgia Tech, Clemson, Florida State, and Virginia Tech.

Miami, Boston College, Pittsburgh, Syracuse, and Louisville have never won an ACC football championship. So they are the ones that don’t count.

IF the season is played, ND could very well make the Conference Championship Game. One win away from the playoffs even with a loss or two. It may open some of the Domers eyes. As an independent, it’s tough with a loss or two. Not so much as a Conference Champion.

Back