So is ND going to officially join now?

ND is a relic of a program and hasn’t won anything in over 30 years.

Keep telling yourself that. That’s why they have the leverage to have their own TV deal and have told every conference to piss off.

Compare their record the past 30 years to ACC programs and get back to us...

Keep telling yourself that. That’s why they have the leverage to have their own TV deal and have told every conference to piss off.

Compare their record the past 30 years to ACC programs and get back to us...

You sound like someone that is stuck in 1975. It isn't a big deal to play or even beat ND anymore. ND is something like 0-6 in BCS/Playoff Games with an average losing score around 38-9. They haven't been competitive on the big stage in forever.

I'd take Fla State, Clemson, Miami, and I would have to look at the metrics but I might even take VT over them the last 30 years. ND's record in the last 30 years is very mediocre and is littered with embarrassing losses and major bowl game blowouts.

Last edited:
You sound like someone that is stuck in 1975. It isn't a big deal to play or even beat ND anymore. ND is something like 0-6 in BCS/Playoff Games with an average losing score around 38-9. They haven't been competitive on the big stage in forever.

I'd take Fla State, Clemson, Miami, and I would have to look at the metrics but I might even take VT over them the last 30 years. ND's record in the last 30 years is very mediocre and is littered with embarrassing losses and major bowl game blowouts.

Would you trade GT's record for ND's?

Miami? You claim ND isn't relevant, but you claim Miami is? Any credibility you might've had is gone.

ND is relevant not just here but globally. It's not an argument worth having.

Would you trade GT's record for ND's?

Miami? You claim ND isn't relevant, but you claim Miami is? Any credibility you might've had is gone.

30 years ago the last time I checked was 1990. Miami has 2 National Championships since then. We even have one. ND has ZERO. None. And they have been absolutely obliterated in every single BCS/Playoff game in recent times. Just about every Power 5 program is on tv every weekend now so ND's NBC deal isn't an advantage or really meaningful. Like I said it isn't 1975 anymore or even 1985. ND lost every competitive advantage they had with the proliferation of college football tv deals. Heck programs like SMU and South Florida are on tv every Saturday now. I have never understood the ND ass kissing on here. They have been a mess the last 30 years more than they have been good.

30 years ago the last time I checked was 1990. Miami has 2 National Championships since then. We even have one. ND has ZERO. None. And they have been absolutely obliterated in every single BCS/Playoff game in recent times. Just about every Power 5 program is on tv every weekend now so ND's NBC deal isn't an advantage or really meaningful. Like I said it isn't 1975 anymore or even 1985. ND lost every competitive advantage they had with the proliferation of college football tv deals. Heck programs like SMU and South Florida are on tv every Saturday now. I have never understood the ND ass kissing on here. They have been a mess the last 30 years more than they have been good.

Past 10 years:
Notre Dame: 6 top-25 finishes,best finish National Title Game Runner-up, 7 seasons in which they were ranked in the top 10,
Miami: 2 top-25 finishes, best finish #13, 3 seasons ranked in top 10
VPISU: 4 top-25 finishes, best finish #16, Last ranked top 10 in 2011.
FSU: 7 top-25 finishes, best finish #1, 7 seasons ranked in top 10

Sure they aren't Clemson right now, but they'd be the #2 team in the conference right now and it wouldn't be close. FSU had a very good run under Jimbo, but they are sub .500 the past 3 years and are trending down.

I'm not a ND fan, but to say they aren't relevant stinks of butthurt and jealousy.

Past 10 years:
Notre Dame: 6 top-25 finishes,best finish National Title Game Runner-up, 7 seasons in which they were ranked in the top 10,

Sure they aren't Clemson right now, but they'd be the #2 team in the conference right now and it wouldn't be close. FSU had a very good run under Jimbo, but they are sub .500 the past 3 years and are trending down.

I'm not a ND fan, but to say they aren't relevant stinks of butthurt and jealousy.

Every year is just one more year removed from 1988 and their last championship. That 'runner up' season ND had they were beat like 49-14 by Alabama and I think the score was already 35-0 at halftime or something absurd like that. Its no different than the mutts really and 1980 except the mutts have shown they can win a big game once in a while instead of getting totally blown out. The ND 'mystique' is a thing of the past. Its over. Nobody cares what happened in the 60's and 70's. College Football has evolved since then and except for a rare year here and there ND has been left behind by the other blue blood programs. Nostalgia is cool and all but in 2020 it doesn't mean anything anymore.

Notre Dame is more relevant than Vippie Sue

Every year is just one more year removed from 1988 and their last championship. That 'runner up' season ND had they were beat like 49-14 by Alabama and I think the score was already 35-0 at halftime or something absurd like that. Its no different than the mutts really and 1980 except the mutts have shown they can win a big game once in a while instead of getting totally blown out. The ND 'mystique' is a thing of the past. Its over. Nobody cares what happened in the 60's and 70's. College Football has evolved since then and except for a rare year here and there ND has been left behind by the other blue blood programs. Nostalgia is cool and all but in 2020 it doesn't mean anything anymore.

I just showed how they are relevant and would be the #2 program in the ACC.

1596483163226.png

I stopped watching the entire NBC network since their TV deal... Take that bitches

Only way ND joins the ACC is if they can’t get a good deal in 2025 for their TV rights.

Past 10 years:

They are relevant mostly because the sports media fawns over them, not so much because of real merit. Their lopsided losses in postseason play time and again has proven ND’s playing capabilities on the field are well below the credit given to them in the polls.

Their “6 top 25 finishes” would be 2 or 3 for any other program with the same resumes.

I’m not jealous. I don’t cheer for or against them. I’m just stating facts.

Only way ND joins the ACC is if they can’t get a good deal in 2025 for their TV rights.
And then, don’t assume it would be the ACC. It will be a sweepstakes

They are relevant mostly because the sports media fawns over them, not so much because of real merit. Their lopsided losses in postseason play time and again has proven ND’s playing capabilities on the field are well below the credit given to them in the polls.

Their “6 top 25 finishes” would be 2 or 3 for any other program with the same resumes.

Well said.

ND is relevant not just here but globally. It's not an argument worth having.
No one is relevant “ globally “ in college football. Academically they fall quite a bit globally once they get away from the Yankee / Hollywood bias.
They have a good B school, after that their programs are decent just not as earth shattering.

1596560159311.png

ND would be the runner up in the Atlantic the past 5 (probably 10) years. In the coastal, maybe they would have a repeat showing. The beat UVa last year, but they lost to Miami and Duke when those teams were at or near their peak in the last 10 yrs.

Back