So is ND going to officially join now?

ND will eventually join for football. Unless the ACC presidents decide to rescind the GOR, which ain't happenin', ND is not going anywhere else anytime soon. They don't have FU money like the Masters Golf Tournament, but it's close. The minute their exclusive football media deal becomes substantially less than what the ACC cut would be as a full member, they will join. Anything can happen, if ESPN bleeds much more, it's not out of the realm that ABC could sell it off.....to say..... Comcast. The whole dynamic could change for them basically overnight. With the ACC GOR on all ND sports except football, we have a good bit of leverage on them as well. They may be getting free milk, but it's more like an 8oz glass not a gallon.

ND will eventually join for football. Unless the ACC presidents decide to rescind the GOR, which ain't happenin', ND is not going anywhere else anytime soon. They don't have FU money like the Masters Golf Tournament, but it's close. The minute their exclusive football media deal becomes substantially less than what the ACC cut would be as a full member, they will join. Anything can happen, if ESPN bleeds much more, it's not out of the realm that ABC could sell it off.....to say..... Comcast. The whole dynamic could change for them basically overnight. With the ACC GOR on all ND sports except football, we have a good bit of leverage on them as well. They may be getting free milk, but it's more like an 8oz glass not a gallon.

You'd think with the big 10 bailing on the season, it'd help with them joining in the future, since that would seem to be the conference they'd likely join outside the ACC. What do I know though.

I couldn't care less though. I liked the ACC when it was a round robin.

I have a hunch we have seen the glory days of sports as a whole. I don’t see how TV can keep paying like it does.

I think there is nothing else worth watching and the price of sports programming will only continue to increase. Especially as sports gambling expands across the nation.

Considering the news of UNC in NP, how is football effected?

Edit:Posted in wrong thread.

I think there is nothing else worth watching and the price of sports programming will only continue to increase. Especially as sports gambling expands across the nation.

Curious (not sarcastically) what you’re referring to by nothing else worth watching? One could argue, including myself, we’re in the golden age of high quality shows and availability.

Considering the news of UNC in NP, how is football effected?

Edit:Posted in wrong thread.
200.gif

I’m going to be so pissed if those leprechaun ööööers come in and win the conference this year. Please let them lose a couple to some middle of the pack circle of suck teams...

JRjr
I’m just glad they are having to paint ACC on the field and I presume wear uniform patches. They can no longer claim their independent streak.

I know it’s the ACC, but still, that’s a pretty weak draw Notre Dame got. Clemson, Louisville, Carolina, FSU, and 6 of the bottom 8 teams in the league, plus USF. Wish they could at least trade one of the bottom feeders for VPI or Miami, though I have no confidence in either of them, either.

JRjr

I dont think that looks like a weak draw. They have the other 3 top teams.
I know it’s the ACC, but still, that’s a pretty weak draw Notre Dame got. Clemson, Louisville, Carolina, FSU, and 6 of the bottom 8 teams in the league, plus USF. Wish they could at least trade one of the bottom feeders for VPI or Miami, though I have no confidence in either of them, either.

JRjr
Compare to the SEC where they avoided top matchups like the plague to ensure 2 teams make the playoffs. I hope the Big 10 starts up to prevent that chickenshit gaming of the system.

Back