So is ND going to officially join now?

I know it’s the ACC, but still, that’s a pretty weak draw Notre Dame got. Clemson, Louisville, Carolina, FSU, and 6 of the bottom 8 teams in the league, plus USF. Wish they could at least trade one of the bottom feeders for VPI or Miami, though I have no confidence in either of them, either.

JRjr

laughing stocks

Agreed. It would have been a power move to invite all of their others sports and hold out football.
Wrong, you can't attract ants with vinegar. Honey works much better. We did right by ND, which was a gentlemanly move. Not that any of you would recognize such a move. If and when ND decides they need a full time home for football, it will be in the ACC. Until then, we have and will continue to benefit by association.

Wrong, you can't attract ants with vinegar. Honey works much better. We did right by ND, which was a gentlemanly move. Not that any of you would recognize such a move. If and when ND decides they need a full time home for football, it will be in the ACC. Until then, we have and will continue to benefit by association.
ND ain’t ants. Better analogy would be that ND is a whore. You attract a whore with money. And no matter how good you treat a whore, if someone else comes along waving around more money, the whore is going to jump right out of your bed and into theirs.

We saved their ass this year. They show their lack of appreciation with this obnoxious tweet. öööö those whores.

Screw that. ND wants all the benefits of a conference with the non-revenue producing sports, but wants to keep all their benefits to themselves in football. If this is what we are going to do, kick out Wake and NC St and go get Texas and Oklahoma.

You’re either in the conference or you’re not.

But, anyways, let me know when ND returns the gentlemanly move.

We had to play ND half their season, that would be contractual you dolts. So then those 5 (6?) would be forced to play a top team ooc while the rest of the league schedules Liberty.

ND would easily grab OOC games against BYU and Navy and probably Army too. Them getting to 10 or so would be a piece of cake. We didnt "save" ND.

AND with ND as our OOC we would not have been free to play UGA making the forfeit mutual and not just a UGA forfeit.

Half you people would cut off your nuts if you thought it might hurt ND. Y'all need to get a grip.

We had to play ND half their season, that would be contractual you dolts. So then those 5 (6?) would be forced to play a top team ooc while the rest of the league schedules Liberty.

ND would easily grab OOC games against BYU and Navy and probably Army too. Them getting to 10 or so would be a piece of cake. We didnt "save" ND.

AND with ND as our OOC we would not have been free to play UGA making the forfeit mutual and not just a UGA forfeit.

Half you people would cut off your nuts if you thought it might hurt ND. Y'all need to get a grip.

I don’t know the details of the ND contract. Maybe we have to play 5 games, maybe we can opt out.

Now, This does improve our chances of getting 2 playoff teams. And ND better be sharing any fb money.

I don’t know the details of the ND contract. Maybe we have to play 5 games, maybe we can opt out.

Now, This does improve our chances of getting 2 playoff teams. And ND better be sharing any fb money.
Opt out? You think we mighta had a no payment "opt out" clause?

My analysis is the same regarding that terrible contract. They’re either in or out, whether it’s a few years ago when we entered that lousy deal or whether it’s when we’re discussing the Wuhan.

My analysis is the same regarding that terrible contract. They’re either in or out, whether it’s a few years ago when we entered that lousy deal or whether it’s when we’re discussing the Wuhan.
Oh, I see. In your analysis you ignore the present reality and we are to assume an alternate universe where they never joined the ACC. Got it.

Opt out? You think we mighta had a no payment "opt out" clause?

Depending on how they are written with regards to ‘conference’ and ‘conference games’. Once the SEC closed out the ooc, the acc could have done the same and shut out ND. No way to know without the contract, and it isn’t important enough to read.

The ACC could have given ND their 5 worst teams. Then let ND load up with the service academies. It would have virtually blocked ND from any playoff money.

Like I said, if ND has to share any playoff money, I am fine with this year’s arrangement.

Depending on how they are written with regards to ‘conference’ and ‘conference games’. Once the SEC closed out the ooc, the acc could have done the same and shut out ND. No way to know without the contract, and it isn’t important enough to read.

The ACC could have given ND their 5 worst teams. Then let ND load up with the service academies. It would have virtually blocked ND from any playoff money.

Like I said, if ND has to share any playoff money, I am fine with this year’s arrangement.

I hope they lose every game and don't get any playoff money.

Back