Some fans don’t want to see progress — Geoff Collins

My guess is, in a few hours GT may be able to get Dan Mullen pretty inexpensively, unless Florida makes some big adjustments at half. He’s a clown so proceed at own risk……

You know I just realized that I think the thread title may not be accurate.

I thought Coach Collins (I'm not into the C-initials thing. dwag fans started that as a reference to Marc Richt) said WttE of "... some fans don't want to see THE progress" caps mine obviously.

But if I'm right, that is very different than saying that some of us don't want to see any progress.

Ok, just wanted to point that out. You are free to resume whining, complaining, painting delusional portraits, smacking down fellow Jacket fans, etc.

Further thought on this Florida game. Can say this about our defense, we haven't given up 42 points to Samford at home in a half lol

I see it, Geoff, I really do. I am no fool. That is the nicest suit an emperor has ever worn.

Now, seriously, I do see progress. Gibbs is a much tougher runner. The running backs are excellent. And, this means the offensive line must be run blocking some better. There are players like Ivey stepping up. And, the team competes. The team is in more games. I see the progress.

My question, Coach, is do you see the problems? Taking time outs on 3rd and goal and still having a player jump early. Eleven penalties. Another plus 500 yards given up. A crucial mixed extra point.Three conversions given up on third down with more than 12 yards to gain. Do you also see you have yet to play a great team? Clemson just is not great this year. Pitt is the best team we have played.

This year was ripe for showing improvement in wins. I see some improvement. But, I see a lot that should be corrected in year 3. It is not inevitable that we will turn this around. The teams we play are trying, too, At some point very soon improvement has to be validated by wins. That opportunity is pretty well done for season 3. It’s time for results next year.

Collins seems very determined to make sure Tech fans see no progress. 3 wins each year for 3 years is crazy consistent.

Reactions: eg1
Yes, I’m dead serious. BC has the 101st rated offense out of 130 teams. Just what our beleaguered defense needs. Their defense is rated 60th, one notch above Wake. We should score on them, we should force their 1 dimension offense into enough punts to allow us to win. Our match ups are favorable, we have weapons they do not have. Gibbs will get his scores, Sims will add 1 or 2, a TD pass or two maybe, plus a grind out TD by Mason or Smith. I see a 5+ TD day. BC will score 31 pts max on our swiss cheese defense, but more likely 21-24 pts. We could hold them under 21 easily, but not sure Thacker has that level of competence. Overall likely a 14-17 pt GT win, could be 21+. Not real likely to be closer than 10 pts. The reason the line is so close, well that has to due to lack of confidence in GT, specifically the 3 stooges. There’s question marks about whether or not CGC has “lost the team”. I happen to think he has not “lost the team”, they may not be happy campers because they bought into a system they’ve found to be severely deficient, but there‘s a lot of difference between that & mailing it in. For that reason, I think not only do we win but we romp. Skinny Jeans is so freaking excited he’s lost his voice by the end of the game. We’ll hear about this game for the next 10 months. It’s all we got.
This aged well.

As far as I can tell, you’re pissed at everybody all the time about everything.

JRjr

Maybe not pissed, just personally sexually frustrated. Hence, the obsession with having sex with all of our wives and mothers.

Was this the progress he was talking about? He might be right, because I didn't want to see this.

Apparently CGC doesn't want to see progress either, because he's going in the opposite direction.

Back