Square Peg Round Hole

johncu

Dodd-Like
We hung in well with a roster more talented and older.. we have good coaches on our staff
We got 3 turnovers and blocked a punt and still lost by double digits. Our defense hung in well, but our offense was embarrassingly impotent.

Nobody's saying we're loaded with talent, but we're not doing a damn thing to make up for any deficit. And just to be clear, this is Pitt you're justifying us scoring only 10 points against. Not Clemson.

johncu

Dodd-Like
And just to be clear, I think our defense did a fantastic job tonight. They were actually fun to watch, which is a nice departure from the last 10 years.

But the offense was just bad. The players played hard, but the offensive game plan was all-around poor. IIWII.

TechAKnee

Flats Noob
The 2020 QB has yet to play a meaningful snap or has yet to walk on campus. Our offense has been embarrassingly bad and while everyone knows the Oline struggles our QBs do nothing to help.

savbandjacket

Dr. SBJ
The 2020 QB has yet to play a meaningful snap or has yet to walk on campus. Our offense has been embarrassingly bad and while everyone knows the Oline struggles our QBs do nothing to help.
The o line sucks and none of the QBs are good enough to overcome it.

and I don’t think Yates is our QB for next year. If he was he’d be on the field this year.

gtfan088

Dodd-Like
That's what we've been doing, and that's the problem.
This. If TO had begun training as a true freshman to play wide receiver (or some other skill position besides QB), I believe he'd be better there than he is at QB. Probably the same would hold true for our other QBs. They're athletes first, quarterbacks second--which was fine for what we were doing for the last 11 years.

Were any of them offered scholarships at quarterback by other major schools?

WracerX

Dr. Dunkingstein
I don’t care for the oc, his play calling, or personnel management, but Pitt has a solid defense.

More outside runs and swing passes would be nice.
iiwii

Also, we have got to lead the nation in redzone turnovers over the last decade.

johncu

Dodd-Like
O-Line. Jesus folks. To be mad about play calling is asinine. Guys kept playing with energy and recruiting is going well. We will be ok, just not in the win column this year.
Agree that we played hard and I'm very happy with recruiting, but your optimism toward our playcalling is unfounded. We caught just about every break possible today and were totally incapable of capitalizing. We have one of the worst offenses in all of FBS. Not P5, FBS. We've taken an offense deficient in talent and made them significantly worse.