Stephen Hill just declared for the NFL draft.

Only 50% of draft picks make the NFL (linked it earlier). He is just as likely to be an undrafted free agent with 0 signing bonus and no guarantee of making a penny. His hands suck and at best he'll make a practice squad this year ($88k, also linked). His chances are slim of seeing a million dollars.

I thought I read that picks down to a certain round (4?) could not be cut. Is that right?

If he can make a team AND stay for a few years AND does not blow the money then it is a good decision. But that is a lot of things that have to line up right.

Only 50% of draft picks make the NFL (linked it earlier). He is just as likely to be an undrafted free agent with 0 signing bonus and no guarantee of making a penny. His hands suck and at best he'll make a practice squad this year ($88k, also linked). His chances are slim of seeing a million dollars.

His chances are 50/50 at seeing a million dollars, according to your stats. Totally worth it. Also, here's what I said:

If I was sure I'd be drafted (any round) I'd do it.

So what does his draft evaluation say?

You guys are the worst. I'm not reading this long ass thread, but I don't blame him.

His chances are 50/50 at seeing a million dollars, according to your stats. Totally worth it. Also, here's what I said:

IIRC it was not likely he would go in the first four rounds. So I read that as 5 or 6 as it stands today. That could change at the combine though.

I think it is actually better to be undrafted at some low rounds. You can pick the optimum team for you instead of being forced to go with someone else's choice.

That he should be drafted fourth round or later.

There is only one evaluation that's worse - undrafted.

Which would mean that they believe he will be drafted. I don't blame him. I think he'll go put up some sick combine numbers and will go no later than the 5th round.

No, all NFL contracts are non-guaranteed. He's 50/50 to be drafted and 50/50 to stick on a team and 50/50 that he ends up on the practice squad which doesn't pay $400k per year. You've watched him. He can't catch, so what is his real chance?

The only way a contract gets semi-guaranteed is if there is a big signing bonus because that is spread over the life of the contract and if you cut that player, the remainder all counts against the current year salary cap.

I hope for Hill's sake you are as accurate about his abilities as you were about Shump's.

:cool:

The "big" ones include 260 pound linemen. While quick, they get run over by modern day defensive linemen at big programs. I think CPJ has realized that it doesn't work week to week. And the OL is where he hasn't produced results.
So you think he's planning to use 260 lb linemen? I'm sure his ideal would be 300 across the line and able to move.

Flip side, Atlanta actually sued Vick to get some of his guaranteed money, and signing bonus too I believe, back.

di-3DX4.gif

He'll be drafted in the 2nd round... by the Broncos, who need another option WR... :lol:

I probably should have been less specific so I could be all "I know so much about football," or, "just another correct TIA prediction."

Back