Stop Blaming the Previous Coach

Ed Sawyer

I eventually banged Lucy Matthews.
If former players are saying the cupboard is bare, I believe them more than I believe you nerds who say otherwise.
The only former player who is saying the cupboard is bare is the one with an axe to grind because he was kicked off the team by the prior administration. The other former player on this board predicted on another web site during the preseason that we'd have a winning record, which doesn't fit the "bare cupboard" argument.

aeromech

Dodd-Like
We have some former players on staff, what were they saying before the season started? I'm trying to remember if there was a Waffle House Wednesday where they were talking about how terrible the offense was going to be this year because the cupboard is bare.

daBuzz

Dodd-Like
We have some former players on staff, what were they saying before the season started? I'm trying to remember if there was a Waffle House Wednesday where they were talking about how terrible the offense was going to be this year because the cupboard is bare.
Seriously? Come on. That might be the dumbest thing I've ever read on this site.
They weren't going to come out and say something like that when they're trying to actually recruit a different caliber of players. But if you were watching the coaching interviews the time when they had Key and Marco Coleman, Brent Key made a comment that should have been illuminating to you. When asked what it was like now on this side of the recruiting ball versus recruiting against Tech, he said WTTE "To be honest, I haven't recruited against Tech in quite some time. And that's sad because this place should be recruiting at that level."

RussianOffense

НЕТ ВОЙНЕ
There will always be a way to blame Paul Johnson. If Collins sucks and we suck 8 years from now, some people will blame Johnson for wrecking our program.

I think the more relevant question than whether it's Johnson's fault is: Should our offense be better with the guys we have?

Techbert

Dodd-Like
Sounds like you think coaches should throw their players under the bus.

The segments I heard had the theme that the players were working unbelievably hard and there was a lot of work for everyone to do. All that is true.

We never said we have more or less talent than anyone else, nor would I expect a coach to say either way.

BuzzLaw

StinGTalk destroyer
There will always be a way to blame Paul Johnson. If Collins sucks and we suck 8 years from now, some people will blame Johnson for wrecking our program.

I think the more relevant question than whether it's Johnson's fault is: Should our offense be better with the guys we have?
I think @savbandjacket answered that. He said we are worse than The Citadel. Clearly, we shouldn’t have even fielded a team this year. And we can blame anyone but the coaching staff. They are nothing but juice! Now gimme some juice!

User 10337

The only former player who is saying the cupboard is bare is the one with an axe to grind because he was kicked off the team by the prior administration. The other former player on this board predicted on another web site during the preseason that we'd have a winning record, which doesn't fit the "bare cupboard" argument.
Fake news

BuzzLaw

StinGTalk destroyer
We’re 5 pages in and still discussing the former coach. The one positive sign from all this is that we care. Can we keep this up through 8 more losses? I say WE’RE GEORGIA TECH!!! YES WE CAN!!! NOW PASS ME SOME MORE JUICE!!!

PointAfterTouchdown

Stealing the T
How our cupboard stacks up against the rest of the current ACC....

Number of 4 & 5 ⭐ Recruits on ACC Football Rosters in 2019.

Clemson 40
Florida State 39
Miami 33
Virginia Tech 19
UNC 14
NC State 12
Louisville 11
Georgia Tech 8
Duke 7
Pittsburgh 6
Syracuse 3
Wake Forest 2
Boston College 2
Virginia 1

RamblinWreck92

Dodd-Like
I'm not bringing him up. He's retired. That's why it's so ridiculous to see him being blamed for our current failures.
you literally created this thread, titled "Stop Blaming the Previous Coach". You absolutely brought him up. It's not ridiculous to attribute roster shortages to PJ, since the current roster is almost entirely his recruits.
It is ridiculous to blame PJ for losing to the Citadel and some of the bone-heading coaching moves we've seen.

aeromech

Dodd-Like
Sounds like you think coaches should throw their players under the bus.

The segments I heard had the theme that the players were working unbelievably hard and there was a lot of work for everyone to do. All that is true.

We never said we have more or less talent than anyone else, nor would I expect a coach to say either way.
??? There is a cadre of folks on this board saying we have less talent than everyone else and are FCS level talent wise. There even one 'program supporter' on here who is a advocate for 'processing' most of our roster.

Diseqc

Dodd-Like
I hear if you say his name three times he might show up

@ibeeballin @ibeeballin @ibeeballin

johncu

Dodd-Like
Don't be the leviathan of the football board.
Low blow.

I'd be glad to focus on what the new staff is doing rather than see constant excuses about what the old one didn't do.
you literally created this thread, titled "Stop Blaming the Previous Coach". You absolutely brought him up. It's not ridiculous to attribute roster shortages to PJ, since the current roster is almost entirely his recruits.
It is ridiculous to blame PJ for losing to the Citadel and some of the bone-heading coaching moves we've seen.
I started this thread because I was tired of reading this crap and every other thread. I was hoping we could at least contain it here.

And yes, this is basically PJ's roster. But it didn't go from a 7 win roster to a 1 win roster overnight. We are a team of mostly three star players with the occasional four star that absolutely should be beating the teams we've played so far. We have one of the best secondaries I've seen in a long time at Georgia Tech, and pretty talented skill players on offense. PJ actually left some pretty good receivers, considering that he was barely using them. Funny thing is, CGC isn't using them either. The OL is a cluster, sure, but it's not like PJ ran off Parker Braun or injured the linemen that we've lost so far. He also had two more OL that Collins didn't want. That's fine, and probably best going forward, but again not PJs fault.

"The cupboard is bare" is just an extremely weak excuse at this point. It's not an explanation for our offense looking utterly incompetent against inferior competition. I don't want the 3option back, I just want an offense that works.