Tech and NIL

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got zero interest in donating to "NIL" collectives that are basically just fronts for paying the players. It may be the name of the game these days but that doesn't mean I have to participate in it directly.
Why not? Let’s try to win bitches

Why not? Let’s try to win bitches

Because I feel like a sucker when schools, which make literally billions of dollars in revenue off of showing me ads, selling me gear, sending me junk mail, etc., directly ask me for money to pay the players making all of that possible.

I realize that has effectively always been the case (see the other thread about fungability), but when it's laid bare like this it leaves an extremely bad taste in my mouth. You're right that this is the way to win, but I guess this is one of those cases where winning doesn't feel worth it.

Like it or not, college football is becoming professional football. And there's a reason no other league asks its fans to directly donate money to its players. It's a tough sell for a non-amateur sport.

Because I feel like a sucker when schools, which literally make billions of dollars off of showing me ads, selling me gear, etc., directly ask me for money to pay the players making all of that possible.

I realize that has effectively always been the case (see the other thread about fungability), but when it's laid bare like this it leaves an extremely bad taste in my mouth. You're right that this is the way to win, but I guess this is one of those cases where winning doesn't feel worth it.
Tech barely breaks even and loses money to put that product on the field that you enjoy….

Maybe the school is the sucker to think it’s fans would support it I guess.

Tech barely breaks even and loses money to put that product on the field that you enjoy….

Maybe the school is the sucker to think it’s fans would support it I guess.

I do not believe that Tech barely breaks even or loses money on football. Do you have a source on that?

My understanding is that Tech (and all other P5 schools) make a lot of money on football, so much that it funds every other sport on campus along with the millions paid to admins, coaches, etc...basically everyone involved except the players who they are asking us to donate money to.

I do not believe that Tech barely breaks even or loses money on football. Do you have a source on that?

My understanding is that Tech (and all other P5 schools) make a lot of money on football, so much that it funds every other sport on campus along with the millions paid to admins, coaches, etc...basically everyone involved except the players who they are asking us to donate money to.
The athletic department loses money. This NIL venture also covers all sports

I've got zero interest in donating to "NIL" collectives that are basically just fronts for paying the players. It may be the name of the game these days but that doesn't mean I have to participate in it directly.
LOL. You then have zero interest in winning. This at least allows fans to try to help team's success.

Everybody boo @andrew

2D1D7ED2-2CB7-4337-BCEA-A86988A79D48.gif

Everybody boo @andrew

2D1D7ED2-2CB7-4337-BCEA-A86988A79D48.gif

Booing me is in bad taste, I'm an amateur poster. I know it's hard to believe, I'm doing it out of the goodness of my heart and the love of the game. I can see how you might be confused given the quality of my posts, but Beestorm isn't actually paying me to stick around here. He's just incredibly fortunate.

Not only that, my schlong is even longer and thicker than 1982Jacket's.

LOL. You then have zero interest in winning. This at least allows fans to try to help team's success.

no he has zero interest in funding someone’s dreams of being an agent.

That is wayyyy more than most charities overhead. It does take $$$ to manage and market a charity.
Correct. So bags of cash were more efficient means of paying players. We just added marketers, lawyers, administrators, etc that take a cut from (ie manage) the (charity) payments now.

Correct. So bags of cash were more efficient means of paying players. We just added marketers, lawyers, administrators, etc that take a cut from (ie manage) the (charity) payments now.
Then let’s do bags of cash then? :dunno:

I'd actually be interested to know who was taking a cut and how big the cuts were when everything was under the table. It's a little hard to believe that the money was really 100% going to the players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back