Tech and NIL

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Tech Way is backed 100% by Tech alum who have dedicated much time, money and effort to create this collective. It is not some third party money grab. Please consider donating.
That is hard for me as I think college football in particular, and college revenue sports in particular have prostituted themselves for money. Life takes money to make it work, but this? I dunno.

What's this "Tech Way" stuff? The Tech way is definitely *not* giving students a fistful of dollars to play a game. It is to bust their nads and make them grovel just to get through - all on the promise of a very bright future with degree in hand. MA Tech earned our respect by kicking us over and over until we barely flinched while we completed our work. We can now handle almost anything in the workplace because of what she subjected us to, therefore, the respect. Many of these kids will get their money early and quit by the time they're 25... many with no degree at all.

the same people who post this get off my lawn crap are the same ones creating uga knob shlobb threads. You can’t have it both ways. This is the way the game is played now.

"The Tech Way?" We just hired Kevin Sherrer who played and coached at Alabama where he coordinated much of their player payment program before doing the same thing for Pruitt when they were at Tennessee as the NCAA subsequently became involved. Of course he and Key learned the Alabama way together. There's little doubt we are on the verge of abandoning our old way of doing things.

I don't like Newspeak. "Tech Way" seems to me to be Newspeak as it is certainly not the Tech way that we all know and respect. I get that the substance of it is the new reality in "college" football, but it is not "the Tech way." So then, call it the "Bush-League Pro Way" or something more accurately descriptive. That's really what this is all about.
The "Tech Way" you describe hasn't been predominant on campus since before the days of Wayne Clough's presidency. There is no 'Look to your left...look to your right' anymore.

The Tech Way is backed 100% by Tech alum who have dedicated much time, money and effort to create this collective. It is not some third party money grab. Please consider donating.
You seem to be pushing this harder than anyone on this site, moreso than just 'let's beef up the NIL to get better players'. Why is that?

You seem to be pushing this harder than anyone on this site, moreso than just 'let's beef up the NIL to get better players'. Why is that?

Like all of us on this board, I want Tech to win and for the first time we, as alumni and fans, can take an active roll to help achieve this. You may or may not agree with NIL but it is what it is and it is here to stay.

I am committed and will give a meaningful amount to the Tech Way collective. We can't rely on just a few deep-pocketed donors to pony up. We need many to step up. Think about if we could get just 1,000 fans to donate $50 per month. That's $600k per year. 10,000 fans? That's $6 million per year. Not an impossible task in my opinion.

I would encourage everyone here to check out thetechway.com and give something if you can. Also, there is a contact at SANIL you can reach out to with questions.

That is hard for me as I think college football in particular, and college revenue sports in particular have prostituted themselves for money. Life takes money to make it work, but this? I dunno.
I’m going to say this as respectfully as possible as I’m reiterating this again on this board. This goes out to a lot of you not just this poster. If you’re not going to donate to NIL then kindly shut the öööö up. All you’re doing is discouraging other fans from donating in an attempt to make yourself sound smart. i don’t give a öööö if college sports prostituted themselves, I don’t care what you think of CFB being bullshit because of NIL, if you want to get semi decent players we have to have this which is why Batt is promoting it and why the alumni spent time and energy creating it.

I’m going to say this as respectfully as possible as I’m reiterating this again on this board. This goes out to a lot of you not just this poster. If you’re not going to donate to NIL then kindly shut the öööö up. All you’re doing is discouraging other fans from donating in an attempt to make yourself sound smart. i don’t give a öööö if college sports prostituted themselves, I don’t care what you think of CFB being bullshit because of NIL, if you want to get semi decent players we have to have this which is why Batt is promoting it and why the alumni spent time and energy creating it.
Ok, fair enough. Let me reply as respectfully as possible, too.

Every member of this board has an equal opportunity to express his/her opinion. There are many who believe that NIL is destroying college athletics and will indeed speak up. You don't have to agree - I actually respect your dissenting opinion, unlike you pretend for mine. If these folks are correct, then the best thing they can do for GA Tech athletics is to speak out often and loudly. You may not care about their opinion, but many do, and you cannot cancel their opinion simply because it differs with yours. Understand?

Ok, fair enough. Let me reply as respectfully as possible, too.

Every member of this board has an equal opportunity to express his/her opinion. There are many who believe that NIL is destroying college athletics and will indeed speak up. You don't have to agree - I actually respect your dissenting opinion, unlike you pretend for mine. If these folks are correct, then the best thing they can do for GA Tech athletics is to speak out often and loudly. You may not care about their opinion, but many do, and you cannot cancel their opinion simply because it differs with yours. Understand?
You’re not helping Tech by speaking out against NIL in the thread that was started to promote Tech NIL program. Get the öööö over yourself. There are 6 other threads where people bitch about it daily. ööööing idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back