Tech and NIL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope. The school can’t be that involved.
But the school is clearly promoting it via an email that went out yesterday from JBatt. So won't half the money have to go to women's sports because of title 9?

But the school is clearly promoting it via an email that went out yesterday from JBatt. So won't half the money have to go to women's sports because of title 9?
No. Schools cannot be involved with any sort of direction as to who and how much players get. Now, that's NCAA regs, but it's pretty foolish to believe somewhere in the food chain schools don't inform these entities about their salary needs.

No. Schools cannot be involved with any sort of direction as to who and how much players get. Now, that's NCAA regs, but it's pretty foolish to believe somewhere in the food chain schools don't inform these entities about their salary needs.
Yea. They added fake regulations and structure to something that that is completely uncontrollable and will remain unregulated by the NCAA.

Of course, Georgia Tech will likely regulate ourselves. Report minor violations for our puny NIL collab, pay for an independent investigation that suggests a large punishment, and hand that over to the NCAA to approve.

I'd actually be interested to know who was taking a cut and how big the cuts were when everything was under the table. It's a little hard to believe that the money was really 100% going to the players.
Yea. Cuts were probably going to family members and other advisor types; I’m sure those groups still have their fingers in the NiL collection plate too though.

Yea. Cuts were probably going to family members and other advisor types; I’m sure those groups still have their fingers in the NiL collection plate too though.
That Tech Way thing in the FAQ portion says 15-20% off the top.

W7BxvX.gif

You either play the game or you don’t complain about losing to uga for the next 25 years straight. Some of you justifying being cheap terrible fans on this board like we’re supposed to be impressed with how smart you are for not helping the team is one of the biggest problems with our fanbase. I’m hoping we win enough to get some sidewalk fans back because they’re not gonna say stupid öööö like this.

This was sent by J Batt to people who are season ticket holders and who donated for the competitive drive initiative by the way which I doubt some of you bitching know about because you don’t donate to the program and you don’t have season tickets. So obviously it’s something important to getting us back on course. Making public declarations about how you think it’s stupid to pay kids and you won’t be donating because you’re smart when our newly hired AD is promoting this is equivalent to being a dwag fan in my book. Go öööö yourselves.

This was sent by J Batt to people who are season ticket holders and who donated for the competitive drive initiative by the way which I doubt some of you bitching know about because you don’t donate to the program and you don’t have season tickets. So obviously it’s something important to getting us back on course. Making public declarations about how you think it’s stupid to pay kids and you won’t be donating because you’re smart when our newly hired AD is promoting this is equivalent to being a dwag fan in my book. Go öööö yourselves.

Weird. I donated to competitive drive but did not receive this email.

If you donate through thetechway.com, you can specify who the money should go to. Can be a team, an individual etc. If you want the D-line to get it, you can specify that as well.

This is the new reality guys. If you want to win, you have to help put up some $.

If you donate through thetechway.com, you can specify who the money should go to. Can be a team, an individual etc. If you want the D-line to get it, you can specify that as well.

This is the new reality guys. If you want to win, you have to help put up some $.
You can specify, but if you don't, it goes into an unrestricted discretionary fund, which is distributed as directed by the Board of Directors. The website doesn't identify those on the Board, or how they intend to distribute it.

You can specify, but if you don't, it goes into an unrestricted discretionary fund, which is distributed as directed by the Board of Directors. The website doesn't identify those on the Board, or how they intend to distribute it.
The board is comprised of Tech alum who have all donated meaningful amounts themselves. They are not listed because they did not want to call attention to themselves. If you are serious about donating and interested in learning more, you can email the contact on the web page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back