Tech and NIL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you hear about the woman gymnast from LSU that got $2m for year one.

Now compare womens gymnastics to Gators football.

seems like a bargain since the Gators will be rocking 98,000 in the swamp 7 times a year.

of course the woman gymnast is fine to look at and the QB, not so much.

do we have good looking gymnasts? Or 98k in house?

the gymnast is definitely a she.

seems like a bargain since the Gators will be rocking 98,000 in the swamp 7 times a year.

of course the woman gymnast is fine to look at and the QB, not so much.

do we have good looking gymnasts? Or 98k in house?

the gymnast is definitely a she.
Part of the difference is she is getting actual clothing endorsements…and people paying her to show herself in swimsuits…

Also, everyone on this board should try to donate. Ya'll can afford to give at least $50 per month, come on.
I can do $50 a month. Why not? These are not some asshole high school kids asking for $13M, these are our Jackets. The only FBS P5 football program who can do calculus. It’s less than $2 a day. That’s less than a coffee at Starbucks. You wouldn’t buy a coffee for our players? Let’s go people.

You either play the game or you don’t complain about losing to uga for the next 25 years straight. Some of you justifying being cheap terrible fans on this board like we’re supposed to be impressed with how smart you are for not helping the team is one of the biggest problems with our fanbase. I’m hoping we win enough to get some sidewalk fans back because they’re not gonna say stupid öööö like this.
even if we play the game we will still trail the top programs based on size of their fan base and their cult like commitment to football. only way to even the scales is have a much higher $/person contribution (not likely), or add majors to increase alumni pool and fan base.
how you think millionaire alumni got to be millionaires? they don't spend money, so i wouldn't count on them.

The bagman is definitely more efficient. With the NIL, now factories like Notre Dame don't have to give parents' players 'lottery tickets' in order to sign a kid. I heard we lost a 5 star defensive player during the CPJ era by that method. It was over $200K.

any one else notice "the tech way" just subbed all the heavy lifting to "Student Athlete NIL (SANIL)"?
do we even know if Sanil is proven? looks like they only manage a handful of collectives, but do have a few decent ones - Penn state, Oklahoma, ND. Of which these are probably only like 1 of 5 different collectives for those programs.
yall telling me we dont have any retired CEOs that can manage our own in house collective like Nike execs at Oregon are doing?

any one else notice "the tech way" just subbed all the heavy lifting to "Student Athlete NIL (SANIL)"?
do we even know if Sanil is proven? looks like they only manage a handful of collectives, but do have a few decent ones - Penn state, Oklahoma, ND. Of which these are probably only like 1 of 5 different collectives for those programs.
yall telling me we dont have any retired CEOs that can manage our own in house collective like Nike execs at Oregon are doing?
I'm sure we have plenty of retired CEOs that can, probably not many that care enough to want to though.

SANIL is a proven entity. The Tech Way has contracted them to handle some of the admin and back office. They are also a resource for The Tech Way to provide market intel. Contracting with SANIL is more cost effective than having home-grown infrastructure.

Which is better use of my dollars, Alexander Tharpe or thetechway? I don't care. I just want wins and currently pay my dollars to AT but maybe thetechway would be better. Don't know - tell me.

What's this "Tech Way" stuff? The Tech way is definitely *not* giving students a fistful of dollars to play a game. It is to bust their nads and make them grovel just to get through - all on the promise of a very bright future with degree in hand. MA Tech earned our respect by kicking us over and over until we barely flinched while we completed our work. We can now handle almost anything in the workplace because of what she subjected us to, therefore, the respect. Many of these kids will get their money early and quit by the time they're 25... many with no degree at all.

What's this "Tech Way" stuff? The Tech way is definitely *not* giving students a fistful of dollars to play a game. It is to bust their nads and make them grovel just to get through - all on the promise of a very bright future with degree in hand. MA Tech earned our respect by kicking us over and over until we barely flinched while we completed our work. We can now handle almost anything in the workplace because of what she subjected us to, therefore, the respect. Many of these kids will get their money early and quit by the time they're 25... many with no degree at all.
Sure, we all understand what you are saying. However, NIL is the new reality whether you agree with it or not. Bottom line is if we want to have some semblance of competitive sports (especially football and basketball), we need to raise NIL dollars and The Tech Way collective is the best way for fans to make a difference. Please consider giving.

Sure, we all understand what you are saying. However, NIL is the new reality whether you agree with it or not. Bottom line is if we want to have some semblance of competitive sports (especially football and basketball), we need to raise NIL dollars and The Tech Way collective is the best way for fans to make a difference. Please consider giving.
I don't like Newspeak. "Tech Way" seems to me to be Newspeak as it is certainly not the Tech way that we all know and respect. I get that the substance of it is the new reality in "college" football, but it is not "the Tech way." So then, call it the "Bush-League Pro Way" or something more accurately descriptive. That's really what this is all about.

She received that much because she has 4 million followers on Insta. Clothing companies are paying her to advertise their products.

I don't like Newspeak. "Tech Way" seems to me to be Newspeak as it is certainly not the Tech way that we all know and respect. I get that the substance of it is the new reality in "college" football, but it is not "the Tech way." So then, call it the "Bush-League Pro Way" or something more accurately descriptive. That's really what this is all about.
I don’t think “Bush-League Pro Way” is going to create much interest. If you don’t like “The Tech Way” how about “Rambling Wreck Drivers”. You could have different levels from the small contributors who would be at the rumble seat level on up to the back seat, then shotgun level. The big donors would be at driver level.

The Tech Way is backed 100% by Tech alum who have dedicated much time, money and effort to create this collective. It is not some third party money grab. Please consider donating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back