Tech fails to sell out ticket allotment for UGA

mookie43

Helluva Engineer
Also....UGA started a policy several years back that they charge exactly the same as we charge their fans at Tech. We jack up the price for the game each year at home, so the Tech tickets at UGA are priced higher than any other regular seat in the stadium. They do this for all of the teams they play every year.

User 8976

User account deleted
I'm going to type something that will surprise some of you who know me in real life....

georgia fans aren't the worst.

west virginia fans are the worst in person.

i hate georgia. everything about them.

idgaf about west virginia. they burn sofas and rv's.

wvu fans will throw bottles, batteries, change etc from the top level of the stadium into the opposing crowd below. it's one thing to hate your rival and hell, even bark at them.

it's another thing to risk somebody's life or eyesight or whatever just randomly, just because....

PM Gold

Varsity Lurker
Are you sure about that?
I may be off a year or two
Are you sure about that?
it may have been 87 It was the year after gary lees ko return at grant field The 01 may have been 2000 It was the goose is loose game We had some frat boys in front if us chant Flaggot the whole 4th qtr since there was a male member on the Tech flag corps
Point is their fans are a holes

vapspwi

Dodd-Like
Clemson visitor seats are much worse than VPISU.
My VPI ticket this year is in 501 - upper deck behind the end zone. That’s a change.

My Clemson ticket last year was lower deck in the corner of the end zone, which was also a change from the “above the blimp” seats in the past.

JRjr

My VPI ticket this year is in 501 - upper deck behind the end zone. That’s a change.

My Clemson ticket last year was lower deck in the corner of the end zone, which was also a change from the “above the blimp” seats in the past.

JRjr
That is different. I wonder why they changed?

vapspwi

Dodd-Like
I’ve been heckled by vendors in the stands at Miami. That place sucks.

JRjr

vapspwi

Dodd-Like
That is different. I wonder why they changed?
Maybe they did a reseating or something? I can't remember when they built those stands - are they new since 2016?

I don't really care all that much where I sit at a game - the view is tolerable just about anywhere. The only place where it's been particularly bad was down low at the end of the horseshoe at UNC - you couldn't even see the other side of the field due to the crown. If you're reasonably high up, just about anywhere is OK. Usually, I just enjoy sitting with the Tech people and the band because the road crowds are much more into the game, engaged, and excited than the home crowd.

JRjr

Maybe they did a reseating or something? I can't remember when they built those stands - are they new since 2016?

I don't really care all that much where I sit at a game - the view is tolerable just about anywhere. The only place where it's been particularly bad was down low at the end of the horseshoe at UNC - you couldn't even see the other side of the field due to the crown. If you're reasonably high up, just about anywhere is OK. Usually, I just enjoy sitting with the Tech people and the band because the road crowds are much more into the game, engaged, and excited than the home crowd.

JRjr
I went to the game at Clemson in 2015. We were up in the nosebleeds and it was like sitting in a creek with all the rain.

gt2690b

PB time!
I'm going to type something that will surprise some of you who know me in real life....

wvu fans will throw bottles, batteries, change etc from the top level of the stadium into the opposing crowd below. it's one thing to hate your rival and hell, even bark at them.

it's another thing to risk somebody's life or eyesight or whatever just randomly, just because....
Whatever keeps opposing fans out of your stadium amirite

vapspwi

Dodd-Like
I went to the game at Clemson in 2015. We were up in the nosebleeds and it was like sitting in a creek with all the rain.
2017 was miserable - just a steady, cold rain from the time we stepped out of the car to the time we got back in the car, pretty much.

I don't really remember much about 2015. The other big rain game up there was during the Gailey/Nix regime. Absolute monsoon, the hardest rain I can remember sitting in. Water was flowing down the upper deck like a stream. We had a good running back, but decided to try to sling the ball around in the driving downpour.

JRjr

gtfan088

Dodd-Like

Never been to a game in Morgantown, but I've been to West Virginia and don't find this surprising.

2017 was miserable - just a steady, cold rain from the time we stepped out of the car to the time we got back in the car, pretty much.

I don't really remember much about 2015. The other big rain game up there was during the Gailey/Nix regime. Absolute monsoon, the hardest rain I can remember sitting in. Water was flowing down the upper deck like a stream. We had a good running back, but decided to try to sling the ball around in the driving downpour.

JRjr
The view from our seats:
upload_2018-10-19_16-35-4.jpeg

OldGold75

Damn Good Rat

Had just been elected U.S. President the last Ga. Tech game I missed in athens, Lord willing 2018 won't be an exception. 21 of the last 23, 2018 will be 22 of 24 in athens. 44 of last 46 Grant Field or Sanford & Son.

BigDanT

J. Batt Fan
I have been to every uga game since 2013 which is not that impressive a streak. I guess I just don’t feel confident of having a good time if I go this year.

gtnap

Flats Noob

Don't forget they öööö in the stadium too.